transfer not going well

View previous topic View next topic Go down

transfer not going well

Post by kieraembers on Sun 18 May 2014, 22:12

So my brother got me a toshiba laptop as a birthday present (I have the best brother)  Foreveralone {win8}
I had been playing ts3 on my bf's hp laptop {winvista} (barely ran and lagged like crazy since it was such and old machine.) I did not have the game installed on the laptops hard drive, it was only 250 gb, instead I had it on a 1tb external hard drive and it ran well enough on the old hp
tried to run it on my new laptop from the external hard drive. got a few errors and a notice to reinstall the base game. I had a hard copy so i reinstalled it onto the external hard drive but now it wont read any of the ep's or sp's I had on there before. FUU!  I applied ultimate fix. deleted the file in documents. but it will only launch the base game. 
I could reinstall the ep's I got from G4W (thanks btw, can't download from anyone else) but I have a few that I bought from origin. Downloading those will be hell considering the fact that i don't have a stable internet connection at home. (piggybacking off of the public wifi for the apartment complex) So downloading these ep would take days or weeks. 
any suggestions?

//EDIT

Bwahahaha! managed to find the install wizard for 4 of my ep's already on my harddrive. and its the games i got from origin. The launcher recognizes the ep's. i also have the zips from most of the ep's that I downloaded games4theworld
but
I don't have them all 
any suggestions?
again woefully craptastic internet so re-downloading these would be hell.

kieraembers
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

Female Posts : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: transfer not going well

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 25 May 2014, 22:13

@kieraembers wrote:So my brother got me a toshiba laptop as a birthday present (I have the best brother)  Foreveralone {win8}
I had been playing ts3 on my bf's hp laptop {winvista} (barely ran and lagged like crazy since it was such and old machine.) I did not have the game installed on the laptops hard drive, it was only 250 gb, instead I had it on a 1tb external hard drive and it ran well enough on the old hp
tried to run it on my new laptop from the external hard drive. got a few errors and a notice to reinstall the base game. I had a hard copy so i reinstalled it onto the external hard drive but now it wont read any of the ep's or sp's I had on there before. FUU!  I applied ultimate fix. deleted the file in documents. but it will only launch the base game. 
I could reinstall the ep's I got from G4W (thanks btw, can't download from anyone else) but I have a few that I bought from origin. Downloading those will be hell considering the fact that i don't have a stable internet connection at home. (piggybacking off of the public wifi for the apartment complex) So downloading these ep would take days or weeks. 
any suggestions?

//EDIT

Bwahahaha! managed to find the install wizard for 4 of my ep's already on my harddrive. and its the games i got from origin. The launcher recognizes the ep's. i also have the zips from most of the ep's that I downloaded games4theworld
but
I don't have them all 
any suggestions?
again woefully craptastic internet so re-downloading these would be hell.

//MOVED

Hello and sorry for the very late reply,

But I've been abroad for a while and couldn't really reply to much on here. Anyhow, you cannot simply use an external hard-drive to play games on another computer. Without going too much into technical details, your games that you installed on your "original" computer are more or less "registered" to THAT computer - to put it simply. Meaning, you cannot then just take your hard-drive and simply play the games on a DIFFERENT computer.

If you want to play games on another computer, you (usually) have to re-install those games properly. Also, I'm sorry to hear about your connection issues, but you should always make sure that you backup your downloaded stuff somewhere  - like on an external hard-drive. So in case your computer data gets wiped out for some reason, you can simply take your backup and re-install the stuff.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: transfer not going well

Post by kieraembers on Mon 26 May 2014, 00:03

Definitely true
had to reinstall everything
and i have a friend who can actually afford more that basic internet downloading the ep's i lost
i always keep the ones i download from games4theworld
but i guess I have to download the ones i own on Origin

It's a good thing that I kept the store content and cc on the external harddrive
On a side not you are always so helpful, cyber brownies for you

kieraembers
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

Female Posts : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum