Launcher stopped working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by katies on Mon 26 May 2014, 12:43

Hi,
I have a problem with launcher. I downloaded the game and expansion packs from your piratebay website and started installing. After I installed everything and applied the updater and the Ultimate Fix, the launcher still wasn't working. I did the thing with deleting keys in registry and it didn't help either.
So I uninstalled everything and started from the beginning and here it was: after installing base game and patching it, the last step is to open the launcher and patch from there, but I can't open the launcher. I get the 'Launcher stopped working' error. Before I skipped this step and started installing WA but now I think that maybe that's why I couldn't open the launcher later.
Here is the log:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Sims3Launcher.exe
  Application Version: 0.2.0.79
  Application Timestamp: 4b27070a
  Fault Module Name: TSLHost.dll
  Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.79
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4b27060a
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0004f4f9
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1045

Could someone please help me? I don't want to skip this step like I did before because then I had a problem with the launcher anyway. Or maybe it's not that?
Thanks in advance.

katies
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 23:36

@katies wrote:Hi,
I have a problem with launcher. I downloaded the game and expansion packs from your piratebay website and started installing. After I installed everything and applied the updater and the Ultimate Fix, the launcher still wasn't working. I did the thing with deleting keys in registry and it didn't help either.
So I uninstalled everything and started from the beginning and here it was: after installing base game and patching it, the last step is to open the launcher and patch from there, but I can't open the launcher. I get the 'Launcher stopped working' error. Before I skipped this step and started installing WA but now I think that maybe that's why I couldn't open the launcher later.
Here is the log:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Sims3Launcher.exe
  Application Version: 0.2.0.79
  Application Timestamp: 4b27070a
  Fault Module Name: TSLHost.dll
  Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.79
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4b27060a
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0004f4f9
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1045

Could someone please help me? I don't want to skip this step like I did before because then I had a problem with the launcher anyway. Or maybe it's not that?
Thanks in advance.

Hello and sorry for the late reply, Sad 

Problems with this (horrible) launcher are well-known, and I'm afraid there are only "workarounds" to deal with issues like that. Check out my article here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16882-the-sims-3-launcher-problems-notice

Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katies on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 23:54

Hi, 
thanks for the reply, I dealt with it long time ago Smile I just went on and installed everything else, then patched and it worked.

katies
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 00:03

@katies wrote:Hi, 
thanks for the reply, I dealt with it long time ago Smile I just went on and installed everything else, then patched and it worked.

Thanks for coming back ! Smile  You might still want to keep in mind the tips I mentioned in that other topic though; do you need assistance with anything else or can I close the topic ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katies on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 00:06

I will of course, you guys are doing great job here helping people. I'm fine for now, you can close it, thanks again!

Mod edit: you're very welcome ! Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

katies
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum