Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

Post by fbmm on Sun 01 Jun 2014, 12:08

I'm trying to create a subway system in my town, so I need testingcheats/buydebug to place the subway stations. Every time I edit a lot and try to get back to edit town mode, the game becomes unresponsive. There's no error message, there's no actual freezing – the loading screen keeps loading, the music keeps playing but it could go on for ever. I could wait for hours but nothing happens, it just keeps loading so I have to force quit the game. I noticed that this only happens when I use testingcheats and buydebug on a lot, even if I type testingcheatsenabled false after finished building (though, the buydebug section won't disappear).

fbmm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Female Posts : 24
Points : 1433
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

Post by Anonymousething on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 14:40

Hi,

Have you tried typing in buydebug off? That might disable it. Not sure that will help you, but you never know!

_________________
Does anyone know the name of this old Mac game (from the '90s)? => It's similar to Lode Runner / Jumpman, except you're in space; the little man can jump / run / climb ladders and dies if he falls; he uses oxygen whilst moving, so he needs to get to the oxygen containers; he has to get to the key to open the door which wins the level; there are no enemies and nothing to kill you (unless you run off the end of a platform or run out of oxygen).


"Never pay more than 20$ for a computer game." Guybrush Threepwood (The Secret of Monkey Island)
avatar
Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, Sim Ant, Lemmings, Solarian II, Shuffle Puck, Monkey Island, Robin Hood: The legend of Sherwood, LucasFilms/LucasArts games
Female Posts : 25
Points : 1413
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Europe!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:17

@fbmm wrote:I'm trying to create a subway system in my town, so I need testingcheats/buydebug to place the subway stations. Every time I edit a lot and try to get back to edit town mode, the game becomes unresponsive. There's no error message, there's no actual freezing – the loading screen keeps loading, the music keeps playing but it could go on for ever. I could wait for hours but nothing happens, it just keeps loading so I have to force quit the game. I noticed that this only happens when I use testingcheats and buydebug on a lot, even if I type testingcheatsenabled false after finished building (though, the buydebug section won't disappear).

Hello,

Have you tried the option "save as...", and choosing a different name for the save ? Things like that are (normally) unrelated to testingcheats/buydebug...good luck !


//EDIT

Once this works, you can - from THEN on - again save by using the option "save", so you don't have to use "save as..." anymore.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19696
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

Post by fbmm on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 12:11

Thanks, I'll try that.

Every time I place an object from buydebug, this happens. I turn off buydebug, I turn off testingcheats... I put something from buydebug to the household I'm playing and I could continue my game but when I tried save, it stuck. I didn't freeze, the wheel just kept turning forever and ever and ever... So I had to force quit the game.

fbmm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Female Posts : 24
Points : 1433
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 21:53

@fbmm wrote:Thanks, I'll try that.

Every time I place an object from buydebug, this happens. I turn off buydebug, I turn off testingcheats... I put something from buydebug to the household I'm playing and I could continue my game but when I tried save, it stuck. I didn't freeze, the wheel just kept turning forever and ever and ever... So I had to force quit the game.


Things like that can happen occasionally, in every game. But if you say it's something like "systematic" for you, you might indeed try the method I suggested. If it's systematic, it can indicate some sort of savegame glitch, which in turn can happen if you play in one and the same savegame for a longer period of time.

In addition, you can even try saving your sim(s) into the "bin", in edit-town mode, and then starting a fresh savegame. In that fresh game, put your sim(s), and play on. See if you get the same glitch again.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19696
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

Post by fbmm on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 10:39

I already tried that. I was playing in Aurora Skies and had this problem. Then I started a new game in a new town, with sims from the bin (along with their house - which of course has buydebug items in it, since it's a apartment) and I had this problem again. I'll try making a new save game with them and trying buydebug again.

Earlier, I was able to use buydebug without any issues. But now every time it comes into some sort of loading (going back to town after editing a community lot, saving a game), the loading wheel just stuck and nothing happens.

fbmm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Female Posts : 24
Points : 1433
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:47

@fbmm wrote:I already tried that. I was playing in Aurora Skies and had this problem. Then I started a new game in a new town, with sims from the bin (along with their house - which of course has buydebug items in it, since it's a apartment) and I had this problem again. I'll try making a new save game with them and trying buydebug again.

Earlier, I was able to use buydebug without any issues. But now every time it comes into some sort of loading (going back to town after editing a community lot, saving a game), the loading wheel just stuck and nothing happens.


Not sure if I already mentioned it, but I have used buydebug countless times (basically, every time I play TS3), and I never got such an issue. Good, you have chosen a new town, but the next thing you should try is to use fresh SIMS too, and not any sims from the bin. Though that's far-fetched, but other than that I guess I can't provide any other explanations...

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19696
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes in edit town mode when using testingcheats

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum