Crash Upon Startup [After Launcher]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash Upon Startup [After Launcher]

Post by stevean2 on Tue 10 Jun 2014, 05:40

So I got all my expansions from this site, these include:
- Ambitions
- Island Paradise
- Late Night

After recently getting Pets however, it begun an error that, after I press start, it'll close down the launcher to load the game. It'll then come up with an "sims 3 has crashed" error after 3 or so seconds. 

I don't know what to do and tried a few fixes. Such as trying to apply supernatural and see if that'll negate it.

(As I had a problem with Island Paradise before, disc error) and installing Late Night negated that.

and nothing. 
Any ideas? fixes? Never had this problem before and pets is the main problem.
Uninstalling it didnt work, as it still continued to have the same problem. Pets has broken my game.

I even re-installed it with the "fixed" edition and no Supernatural.

//EDIT: Does noone really not know the solution?

//EDIT: Update:

I just applied the "updater" patch and Ultimate fix and made some progress. However, it asked me to insert the Island Paradise disc, so I applied the Island Paradise Crack from it's folder and that got me passed it.

Getting passed this however, I got to a strange main menu where everything was missing, it had a "sims 4" thing in the right hand corner and a "buy now" all saves where missing, no way to select town and nothing appeared in the main menu options. Also new game didn't work.

I tried applying the Supernatural crack and I'm back to my original problem now.

stevean2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crash Upon Startup [After Launcher]

Post by Shamrock on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:51

Hello,
Please do not double-post. We all have lives outside the forum, and we will come to your help as soon as we can.
Please update first your game using the latest Manual Patch.
Then download the latest Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the #Crack folder to the install folder.
Where is your base game from?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stevean2 on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 05:47

@Shamrock wrote:Hello,
Please do not double-post. We all have lives outside the forum, and we will come to your help as soon as we can.
Please update first your game using the latest Manual Patch.
Then download the latest Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the #Crack folder to the install folder.
Where is your base game from?

My base game is a standalone (So not steam) Disc version from a friend, so it's an official copy. I doubt this would cause any issues as ambitions, late night and island paradise have worked fine. but the second I applied Pets it failed to function.

As mentioned before. I applied the updater, latest  fix stuff and all that did was make it tell me to insert my island paradise disc. I then applied the island paradise crack to the base games folder, as is said in it's installation path, and I get that "blank main menu" thing. I then tried updating it with Supernatural (as the game itself mentioned something about one of my "add ons" being an update ahead' or something. I click to continue, this is before supernatural, so during island paradise crack applied.) after applying supernatural, it goes back to immediatly crashing after pressing play on the launcher.

stevean2
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content