Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by kotryna on Wed 11 Jun 2014, 19:32

Hello I just made this account because up until now I've read the solved threads and they usually help me, however this time I can't find a solution anywhere.

I have just downloaded the sims 3 and a few EP's (Generations, Island Paradise and Late Night), but every time I go to launch the game I get the Island Paradise no game disc found error message, and when I click out of that it tells me that the process could not be started.
I have re-applied the ultimated fix and re-installed the manual updates about four times now but nothing seems to be working.
I also have no games in the origin games folder so I can't put the crack into that either.
avatar
kotryna
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 4
Points : 1172
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 20
Location : Dublin, Ireland

View user profile http://loserslut.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 00:45

@kotryna wrote:Hello I just made this account because up until now I've read the solved threads and they usually help me, however this time I can't find a solution anywhere.

I have just downloaded the sims 3 and a few EP's (Generations, Island Paradise and Late Night), but every time I go to launch the game I get the Island Paradise no game disc found error message, and when I click out of that it tells me that the process could not be started.
I have re-applied the ultimated fix and re-installed the manual updates about four times now but nothing seems to be working.
I also have no games in the origin games folder so I can't put the crack into that either.


Hello,

Just re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly



Keep in mind though that in order for this to work, you'll need to have at least one of the expansions/stuffpacks mentioned in step #1, installed. Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082
Points : 18683
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by kotryna on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 13:49

Carlos wrote:
@kotryna wrote:Hello I just made this account because up until now I've read the solved threads and they usually help me, however this time I can't find a solution anywhere.

I have just downloaded the sims 3 and a few EP's (Generations, Island Paradise and Late Night), but every time I go to launch the game I get the Island Paradise no game disc found error message, and when I click out of that it tells me that the process could not be started.
I have re-applied the ultimated fix and re-installed the manual updates about four times now but nothing seems to be working.
I also have no games in the origin games folder so I can't put the crack into that either.


Hello,

Just re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly



Keep in mind though that in order for this to work, you'll need to have at least one of the expansions/stuffpacks mentioned in step #1, installed. Good luck !
 I've redone those steps about four times, and I have the generations expansion pack.
avatar
kotryna
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 4
Points : 1172
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 20
Location : Dublin, Ireland

View user profile http://loserslut.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 14:09

@kotryna wrote: I've redone those steps about four times, and I have the generations expansion pack.


The thing is, experience usually shows that in these cases, something has been done wrong. As a last resort, you can try de-activating your anti-virus software completely, and then re-applying the Ultimate fix.

You may even add the location of your Sims 3 base game to the "exceptions" in the anti-virus software, but that's about it. There is no other solution beyond that, if you really insist you have done the steps correctly.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082
Points : 18683
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by kotryna on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 19:11

Carlos wrote:
@kotryna wrote: I've redone those steps about four times, and I have the generations expansion pack.


The thing is, experience usually shows that in these cases, something has been done wrong. As a last resort, you can try de-activating your anti-virus software completely, and then re-applying the Ultimate fix.

You may even add the location of your Sims 3 base game to the "exceptions" in the anti-virus software, but that's about it. There is no other solution beyond that, if you really insist you have done the steps correctly.
Instead of putting the cracks into each individual expansion pack, I just re-applied the manual patch and dragged the #crack into the base game only, now the game works. Except I've encountered a new issue, my sims are walking through objects and the cars are driving through each other, my sims also stop before every action and it takes around 15 seconds or so for them to move again.
avatar
kotryna
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 4
Points : 1172
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 20
Location : Dublin, Ireland

View user profile http://loserslut.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 13:38

@kotryna wrote:Instead of putting the cracks into each individual expansion pack, I just re-applied the manual patch and dragged the #crack into the base game only, now the game works. Except I've encountered a new issue, my sims are walking through objects and the cars are driving through each other, my sims also stop before every action and it takes around 15 seconds or so for them to move again.


That's what I mentioned before: the steps that I linked to don't mention anywhere that you have to use the cracks from expansions, only the #crack-one. Smile  I know that the steps included in the instructions from the Ultimate fix (the cute little .pdf file) say something different, but people tend to get confused by that too easily... and that's why always suggest to ignore the .pdf and ONLY look at these 4 steps. Smile  

About your follow-up issues...I assume your computer is strong enough to handle the game ?


Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.


After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, ignore teh other steps, the 4 GB patch and the DEP thing should be more than enough.


Then, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package



Next, check out the following topic too:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes



Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Beyond the things I mentioned, there are other tweaks like using "GameBooster", or reducing the graphics settings and updating the graphics drivers too. But I'll get to that next time, if needed. Just see if any of the things I mentioned now improve your gameplay. Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082
Points : 18683
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by kotryna on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 14:15

Carlos wrote:
@kotryna wrote:Instead of putting the cracks into each individual expansion pack, I just re-applied the manual patch and dragged the #crack into the base game only, now the game works. Except I've encountered a new issue, my sims are walking through objects and the cars are driving through each other, my sims also stop before every action and it takes around 15 seconds or so for them to move again.


That's what I mentioned before: the steps that I linked to don't mention anywhere that you have to use the cracks from expansions, only the #crack-one. Smile  I know that the steps included in the instructions from the Ultimate fix (the cute little .pdf file) say something different, but people tend to get confused by that too easily... and that's why always suggest to ignore the .pdf and ONLY look at these 4 steps. Smile  

About your follow-up issues...I assume your computer is strong enough to handle the game ?


Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.


After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, ignore teh other steps, the 4 GB patch and the DEP thing should be more than enough.


Then, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package



Next, check out the following topic too:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes



Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Beyond the things I mentioned, there are other tweaks like using "GameBooster", or reducing the graphics settings and updating the graphics drivers too. But I'll get to that next time, if needed. Just see if any of the things I mentioned now improve your gameplay. Good luck !
Thank you so much ! Enjoying the game lag free ! Very Happy  The Sims Plumbob 1
avatar
kotryna
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 4
Points : 1172
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-11
Age : 20
Location : Dublin, Ireland

View user profile http://loserslut.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 23:07

@kotryna wrote:Thank you so much ! Enjoying the game lag free ! Very Happy  The Sims Plumbob 1


Sounds good. Smile  Do you have any other issues or can I close the topic ?
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082
Points : 18683
Reputation : 1985
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum