"Unable to start game". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to start game". [SOLVED]

Post by parker_roo on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 20:31

Alright, I hope I can get this fixed without having to uninstall and reinstall my game and EPs.  First of all, when I try to play the game, a prompt says, "Unable to start game, Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.  Please update your game via the game launcher."  Okay, I need to update my game, when I try to open the launcher I get this prompt, "Unable to start.  Please reinstall the base game."  So I successfully installed The Sims 3 and EPs following the "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly" thread.  I installed the base game and all of the expansion packs except for, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, and Movie Stuff.  I got an update error on step 2, so I did step 2 first, then did step 1.  I updated the game to 1.67, and applied the Ultimate Fix. (Step 3) And I followed all of the Ultimate Fix instructions and did step 4.  After I applied the Cracks, I opened the launcher and it did not need to be updated.  I was able to play the game for two days, I then got all of these prompts for the game not being able to open.  I did not change any file on my computer, except for Windows 7 updated.  Would that be the problem?  Did the Windows 7 update change something dealing with Sims 3?  Oh and I did install The Sims 3 and EPs on my 500 GB external hard drive, but like I said, the game worked for two days, then the problem happened.  I have searched for hours on other threads on this website and on the internet, nothing is working.  Please help!  And thank you Games 4 the World for providing all of the downloads, fixes, and instructions!  Also thank you in advanced for helping me with these errors!

parker_roo
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Unable to start game". [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 09:08

parker_roo wrote:Alright, I hope I can get this fixed without having to uninstall and reinstall my game and EPs.  First of all, when I try to play the game, a prompt says, "Unable to start game, Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.  Please update your game via the game launcher."  Okay, I need to update my game, when I try to open the launcher I get this prompt, "Unable to start.  Please reinstall the base game."  So I successfully installed The Sims 3 and EPs following the "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly" thread.  I installed the base game and all of the expansion packs except for, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, and Movie Stuff.  I got an update error on step 2, so I did step 2 first, then did step 1.  I updated the game to 1.67, and applied the Ultimate Fix. (Step 3) And I followed all of the Ultimate Fix instructions and did step 4.  After I applied the Cracks, I opened the launcher and it did not need to be updated.  I was able to play the game for two days, I then got all of these prompts for the game not being able to open.  I did not change any file on my computer, except for Windows 7 updated.  Would that be the problem?  Did the Windows 7 update change something dealing with Sims 3?  Oh and I did install The Sims 3 and EPs on my 500 GB external hard drive, but like I said, the game worked for two days, then the problem happened.  I have searched for hours on other threads on this website and on the internet, nothing is working.  Please help!  And thank you Games 4 the World for providing all of the downloads, fixes, and instructions!  Also thank you in advanced for helping me with these errors!

Hello,

First of all, it's a very bad idea to install games on external hard-drives, in most cases. Do you remember what the drive letter of that external drive was when you installed the games ? The Windows update might have changed the drive letter, meaning your game is now unable to "find" the game files (that's one reason why it's a bad idea to use external drives).

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14428

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Unable to start game". [SOLVED]

Post by parker_roo on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 01:33

Yeah, I made sure that the drive letter was correct.  I ended up solving my own problem by backing up and manually uninstalling all of The Sims 3 off of my computer.  I then reinstalled it and the EPs onto my computer.  I haven't had any trouble since, so I have learned my lesson to not install games on external hard drives.  Thank you for your reply, I hope I don't have any other game issues in the future, but if I do, I know where to turn to!  Thanks!

Mod edit: good to hear that ! Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

parker_roo
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top