NEED MAJOR HELP!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEED MAJOR HELP!!

Post by Ashapee on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 18:10

Okay, so I had to get a new hard drive in my computer and when my friend did that he went ahead and put on all of the sims 3 games on for me. Everything worked fine until I got some new store content and then the new content wouldn't work; so then I downloaded your store fix, but the way he had everything set up it wasn't in the same folders that you said to place things in your instructions- I didn't even had an Electronic Arts folder... So I decided to uninstall all of the games and reinstall all of them using your torrents, that way I'll know how to fix my problems. Well.... I can't World Adventures to install, I keep getting the regional code error and when I went to do the patches in WA I'd get an invalid file error.. So I decided just to skip it for now. And all the expansions and stuff packs installed just fine. Then when I go to open my sims launcher the error during startup see log for details error pops up. I watched the video for the fix to that, but if I already have all the EPS installed would I have to uninstall and reinstall them? Because there aren't any duplicates in the regedit. I even did the Ultimate Fix, but for some reason the installation guide comes up a bunch of random characters instead of instructions. PLEASE HELP! Even if you yell at me  pale  Thanks in advance!

--Ashley--

Ashapee
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NEED MAJOR HELP!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 23:27

@Ashapee wrote:Okay, so I had to get a new hard drive in my computer and when my friend did that he went ahead and put on all of the sims 3 games on for me. Everything worked fine until I got some new store content and then the new content wouldn't work; so then I downloaded your store fix, but the way he had everything set up it wasn't in the same folders that you said to place things in your instructions- I didn't even had an Electronic Arts folder... So I decided to uninstall all of the games and reinstall all of them using your torrents, that way I'll know how to fix my problems. Well.... I can't World Adventures to install, I keep getting the regional code error and when I went to do the patches in WA I'd get an invalid file error.. So I decided just to skip it for now. And all the expansions and stuff packs installed just fine. Then when I go to open my sims launcher the error during startup see log for details error pops up. I watched the video for the fix to that, but if I already have all the EPS installed would I have to uninstall and reinstall them? Because there aren't any duplicates in the regedit. I even did the Ultimate Fix, but for some reason the installation guide comes up a bunch of random characters instead of instructions. PLEASE HELP! Even if you yell at me  pale  Thanks in advance!

--Ashley--

Hello,

Always make sure to re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Ignore the cracks and patches that are included in the expansions. Good luck for now ! Smile  

Last edited by Carlos on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 22:52; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashapee on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 16:56

Carlos wrote:
@Ashapee wrote:Okay, so I had to get a new hard drive in my computer and when my friend did that he went ahead and put on all of the sims 3 games on for me. Everything worked fine until I got some new store content and then the new content wouldn't work; so then I downloaded your store fix, but the way he had everything set up it wasn't in the same folders that you said to place things in your instructions- I didn't even had an Electronic Arts folder... So I decided to uninstall all of the games and reinstall all of them using your torrents, that way I'll know how to fix my problems. Well.... I can't World Adventures to install, I keep getting the regional code error and when I went to do the patches in WA I'd get an invalid file error.. So I decided just to skip it for now. And all the expansions and stuff packs installed just fine. Then when I go to open my sims launcher the error during startup see log for details error pops up. I watched the video for the fix to that, but if I already have all the EPS installed would I have to uninstall and reinstall them? Because there aren't any duplicates in the regedit. I even did the Ultimate Fix, but for some reason the installation guide comes up a bunch of random characters instead of instructions. PLEASE HELP! Even if you yell at me  pale  Thanks in advance!

--Ashley--

Hello,

Always make sure to re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Ignore the cracks and patches that are included in the expansions. Good luck for now ! Smile  
I did what you said and it didn't fix it Sad

Ashapee
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 04:06

@Ashapee wrote:I did what you said and it didn't fix it Sad

Sorry for the late reply, but can you un-install the base game only, and then RE-BOOT the computer ? After that, re-install the base game and re-do the steps from #2 to #4 I mentioned in my last post. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum