Sims 3: Please See Log For More Details Patch 1.67 Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3: Please See Log For More Details Patch 1.67 Error

Post by princessvannahz on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 20:25

So I downloaded the base game and updated to the latest version which would be 1.67 and tried using the launcher and it gave me the "please see log for more details" error.
I've looked on the forum and nothing anyone has posted has worked.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin and sims 3 multiple times, cleaned out the registry, Used the manual patch, Super patcher, everything. Nothing works. HELP?!
princessvannahz
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 1

View user profile http://narcoticlullaby.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3: Please See Log For More Details Patch 1.67 Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 23:15

princessvannahz wrote:So I downloaded the base game and updated to the latest version which would be 1.67 and tried using the launcher and it gave me the "please see log for more details" error.
I've looked on the forum and nothing anyone has posted has worked.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin and sims 3 multiple times, cleaned out the registry, Used the manual patch, Super patcher, everything. Nothing works. HELP?!

Hello,

Basically you should never un-install anything from your computer unless you are absolutely sure you want to get rid of it and if you're not planning to re-install at a later date (at least if you're running Windows; not sure if this is the same in Mac OS and Linux), because if you don't do the un-install right, it will make matters worse, and besides, simply un-installing and re-installing very rarely solves problems.

First, check out the video here:

If your Windows is a 32-bit version the location in the registry is a bit different than the one from the video: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims -> The Sims 3

Next, the order in which you install is totally unimportant. Just re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here, all the time:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind though that in order for this to work, you'll need to have at least one of the expansions/stuffpacks mentioned in step #1 of that guide, installed. Good luck ! 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum