Error installing town life stuff.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error installing town life stuff.

Post by dont_wobble on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 09:39

Hi, i have been playing Sims 3 with ur download, so i decided to download the town life add on. when i click on the installer "sims3SP04setup.exe" the install wizard runs and then i get this error "This product requires an installed copy of the Sims 3, Please install the Sims 3 before installing this product. Please help me out.

dont_wobble
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 2272
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by Narong30 on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:31

dont_wobble wrote:Hi, i have been playing Sims 3 with ur download, so i decided to download the town life add on. when i click on the installer "sims3SP04setup.exe" the install wizard runs and then i get this error "This product requires an installed copy of the Sims 3, Please install the Sims 3 before installing this product. Please help me out.

Are you sure, you still keep the base game installed?

_________________
Regards,

Narong Da Saratoga Of 30
     Forum Moderator


Áll official ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org
®️ Games4theworld Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
avatar
Narong30
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )
Male Posts : 1392
Points : -46428
Reputation : -50945
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 28
Location : Malaysia

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by Adwomin on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 13:28

dont_wobble wrote:Hi, i have been playing Sims 3 with ur download, so i decided to download the town life add on. when i click on the installer "sims3SP04setup.exe" the install wizard runs and then i get this error "This product requires an installed copy of the Sims 3, Please install the Sims 3 before installing this product. Please help me out.
Hello,

Yeah, what is basically means is that you must install the base game first. The game you're trying to install is probably an expansion, which needs the base game to run/install.
You can install the base game from either www.games4theworld.org or www.thepiratebay.org/user/games4theworld
Please note that the download isn't called "The Sims 3 base game", but just "The Sims 3".

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026423
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by dont_wobble on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 08:53

yes i have the base game installed hence me saying ive been playing sims 3. i have installed the sims 3 [full] from TPB. i have downloaded The sims 3: town life stuff [full] also from TPB both uploaded by games4theworld. i try to install town life stuff with the base game installed but still says i need to install the base game.... why is it happening.

dont_wobble
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 2272
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by Adwomin on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 18:32

dont_wobble wrote:yes i have the base game installed hence me saying ive been playing sims 3. i have installed the sims 3 [full] from TPB. i have downloaded The sims 3: town life stuff [full] also from TPB both uploaded by games4theworld. i try to install town life stuff with the base game installed but still says i need to install the base game.... why is it happening.
Hello,

To which folder did you install the base game? Could you please make a screenshot?

And are you sure you INSTALLED it and not DOWNLOADED it? (People sometimes confuse those two)

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026423
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by EAbernathy on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 20:01

My bf is having a similar issue. He uses Steam and bought Sims 3 there. After playing it for a few month or so, he saw Town Life on Steam and wanted to give it a go. I told him just to buy it, it'd be easier, but he insisted... Anyway, after DL'ing this and extracting the files onto his desktop, he tried following the instructions that came with it but got the same error.

If someone gets a game on Steam is that the same as installing it (meaning he can play it from his computer without being online in Steam, though Steam does have to start up)? Or is that just downloading it?

EAbernathy
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2272
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by Adwomin on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 20:49

EAbernathy wrote:My bf is having a similar issue. He uses Steam and bought Sims 3 there. After playing it for a few month or so, he saw Town Life on Steam and wanted to give it a go. I told him just to buy it, it'd be easier, but he insisted... Anyway, after DL'ing this and extracting the files onto his desktop, he tried following the instructions that came with it but got the same error.

If someone gets a game on Steam is that the same as installing it (meaning he can play it from his computer without being online in Steam, though Steam does have to start up)? Or is that just downloading it?
Hello,

No, you can run it without Steam too, but the game will install to an other folder. (The Steam folder)

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026423
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by EAbernathy on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 21:29

Thanks for responding. I got that the game is in the Steam folder, what he's wondering is why there's an error popping up at all. What can he do to fix it/make it work? The error is the same as the one listed above. He's being prompted to install the base game.

EAbernathy
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2272
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by Adwomin on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 21:39

EAbernathy wrote:Thanks for responding. I got that the game is in the Steam folder, what he's wondering is why there's an error popping up at all. What can he do to fix it/make it work? The error is the same as the one listed above. He's being prompted to install the base game.
Hello,

Not sure if it'll make any difference, but let him try this:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026423
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by EAbernathy on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 22:03

Thanks.

He's already done that. It was opened and extracted onto the desktop. He read through the file mentioned "Installation Guide" and it's the first step he's having an issue with. (He's at work right now and I'm home from class with nothing to do! lol)

"1. Open the 'Sims3SP04Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions." this is the step that's giving him a hard time. It runs through the first portion, where the InstallWizard pops up with a small green scroll bar, then stops and says "This product requires an installed copy of the Sims 3, Please install the Sims 3 before installing this product."

The game itself is installed. It's in the Steam folder. I've seen him play it many times and have played it myself on my laptop by the same means (yay Steam).

So, what's the solution? Is there one?

//EDIT

And yes, it was with WinRAR.

EAbernathy
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2272
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by Adwomin on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 22:12

EAbernathy wrote:Thanks.

He's already done that. It was opened and extracted onto the desktop. He read through the file mentioned "Installation Guide" and it's the first step he's having an issue with. (He's at work right now and I'm home from class with nothing to do! lol)

"1. Open the 'Sims3SP04Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions." this is the step that's giving him a hard time. It runs through the first portion, where the InstallWizard pops up with a small green scroll bar, then stops and says "This product requires an installed copy of the Sims 3, Please install the Sims 3 before installing this product."

The game itself is installed. It's in the Steam folder. I've seen him play it many times and have played it myself on my laptop by the same means (yay Steam).

So, what's the solution? Is there one?

//EDIT

And yes, it was with WinRAR.
Hello,

Well, it's weird that it's not detected. It's probably not showing up in your "Programs and Software" window, since it's installed via Steam. Steam sometimes leaves those away.
Anyhow, the any solution I can come up with at the moment is that you/your friend install the ® Games4theworld version of the base game. (Which will go in the standard 'Program Files' folder) He'll then be able to fully use the game as legal, since he can use his legal CD key. When the base game is installed, just install Town Life Stuff and crack only Town Life Stuff. After that, it should all work fine!

(In order to update safely, use this Fix only: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems )

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026423
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by EAbernathy on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 23:19

Thank for the assistance! I'll let him know when he gets home. He might have a few more questions, he might not.

Have a good one. Smile

EAbernathy
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2272
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error installing town life stuff.

Post by Adwomin on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 23:32

EAbernathy wrote:Thank for the assistance! I'll let him know when he gets home. He might have a few more questions, he might not.

Have a good one. Smile
Hello,

You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't come up with a better solution for now.
I'll keep this topic open; please let me know if you've got any more questions!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026423
Reputation : 2253
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum