Real Game Download Cracked Expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Real Game Download Cracked Expansions?

Post by declanmclean on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 05:30

Hey, I have a real version of the sims 3 base game that I bought. I recently upgraded and had to install the game via downloading on my origin account and installing it that way. I don't have to insert the disk to play now. I really want to sims 3 ambitions and have seen a few videos on youtube showing where to get a download. I just wonder will this impact my game especially since it has been downloaded and is not a disk? I hear something about an "ultimate" - I don't know - to do with updates or something. Can someone explain this but in really simple terms?

Thanks in advance.

declanmclean
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Real Game Download Cracked Expansions?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 03 Jul 2014, 20:30

@declanmclean wrote:Hey, I have a real version of the sims 3 base game that I bought. I recently upgraded and had to install the game via downloading on my origin account and installing it that way. I don't have to insert the disk to play now. I really want to sims 3 ambitions and have seen a few videos on youtube showing where to get a download. I just wonder will this impact my game especially since it has been downloaded and is not a disk? I hear something about an "ultimate" - I don't know - to do with updates or something. Can someone explain this but in really simple terms?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Basically, you should install (at least) one of the expansions that are mentioned in step #1. After that, do the steps from #2 to #4; however, I'm not sure if this will work for your Origin-bought base game, since the newer Origin games require to be logged in, before playing.

In that case, re-download the base game from G4TW, here via torrent:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Good luck, and keep us posted !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by declanmclean on Thu 03 Jul 2014, 20:38

Hi the game is bought via cd and then I got a new laptop so downloaded from origin. Do I install say generations and use its crack that is included in download then download ambitions install then download ultimate fix and use its crack for ambitions. I'm quite confused, sorry. Thanks for help.

declanmclean
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 03 Jul 2014, 20:46

@declanmclean wrote:Hi the game is bought via cd and then I got a new laptop so downloaded from origin. Do I install say generations and use its crack that is included in download then download ambitions install then download ultimate fix and use its crack for ambitions. I'm quite confused, sorry. Thanks for help.

Please read the guide in the first link I posted... Smile  

After installing the base game, apply the patch from step #2. Then go on installing the expansions (note: installing only Ambitions won't work, so you need to have at least one of the other expansions mentioned in step #1).

When you are done with all expansions, re-apply the patch. After that apply the Ultimate fix exactly as described there in the guide (steps #3 and #4), and ignore the cracks inside the expansions - you ONLY need the two files in the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix, which you need to copy into the base game location, overwriting all original files.

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by declanmclean on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 00:51

Help 
Thanks for you help, Carlos. However, I'm still confused haha.

I personally would rather keep my game as opposed to installing a cracked one, is this an option?

I find the guide in the link awful confusing and don't think it's clear enough IMO. 

If I am completely honest I have experience using cracks for games but when I came to do it for sims 3 I came across this site and it literally confused me. If anybody could be the nicest and produce me a simple step by step guide - one easier to understand than the one in link provided - taking me from where I am at now - having already got the sims 3 from a game bought used as CD then downloaded to my new computer via origin, to where to download generations - one of the ones I need for this work and the only one I want at the moment from that selction - moving on to installation step by step for generations, like when do I install? Will it not ask for a key? To putting cracks in right folders. Then, I would require, if possible, a place to download ambitions, where to get the cracks for this, installation for this, putting cracks in right folder. Moreover, what is ultimate fix? A solution to being able to update my sims 3 once I have installed these cracked expansions? If so, why is there talk of not using cracked files included in expansion downloads but these instead. 

MASSIVELY CONFUSED! I just want to ensure that I am not taking any risks when doing this and thereby would prefer a much more simple guide on how to do this personalised for myself. I hope that someone really experienced can help me I will be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance.

Declan.

declanmclean
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayra_21 on Tue 08 Jul 2014, 17:40

Hey Declan!
I'm coming here from my own thread after successfully downloading  and installiing TS3 Seasons.
Alright,first your game needs to be updated to the patch 1.67. (If it's not, you can update via Launcher or download the manual patch provided in step #2 of the link Carlos provided you with.)
After your game is updated, download one of the EPs listed in step #1(You have to do this in order for any other EP to  work. I chose Seasons because they interested me the most.) Download the EP you want from Games4theworld's site. (Unable to link it.)
Install the EP. (To install, click the Autorun.exe file you get in the .rar file after you've downloaded the EP completely.) Then install any other EP(s) you want with the serial code that is provided in the Installation Guide.txt file.Then, I re-booted(re-started) my computer just to be safe.
After that, DO NOT launch or touch anything, but download the manual patch provided in step #2 of the link Carlos posted. When it's downloaded, click on it and apply/install it.
Then download the Ultimate fix-you can get Ultimate fix in step #4 of the link above. When you download it, click on it to open. When you open the .rar or .zip file, you'll see a bunch of files. Ignore them all, except the '#Crack' folder. Drag the .exe and .dll files inside to Game/Bin. (You can find this by following the path where your base game is downloaded. Mine is F:/The Sims 3/Game/Bin)
So, you put the crack into your base game. (I didn't put it in my EP , I just realised that.)
Good luck!

ayra_21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 08 Jul 2014, 18:24

@declanmclean wrote:Help 
Thanks for you help, Carlos. However, I'm still confused haha.

I personally would rather keep my game as opposed to installing a cracked one, is this an option?

I find the guide in the link awful confusing and don't think it's clear enough IMO. 

If I am completely honest I have experience using cracks for games but when I came to do it for sims 3 I came across this site and it literally confused me. If anybody could be the nicest and produce me a simple step by step guide - one easier to understand than the one in link provided - taking me from where I am at now - having already got the sims 3 from a game bought used as CD then downloaded to my new computer via origin, to where to download generations - one of the ones I need for this work and the only one I want at the moment from that selction - moving on to installation step by step for generations, like when do I install? Will it not ask for a key? To putting cracks in right folders. Then, I would require, if possible, a place to download ambitions, where to get the cracks for this, installation for this, putting cracks in right folder. Moreover, what is ultimate fix? A solution to being able to update my sims 3 once I have installed these cracked expansions? If so, why is there talk of not using cracked files included in expansion downloads but these instead. 

MASSIVELY CONFUSED! I just want to ensure that I am not taking any risks when doing this and thereby would prefer a much more simple guide on how to do this personalised for myself. I hope that someone really experienced can help me I will be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance.

Declan.

OK, I got caught up in some other stuff...

But what exactly do you find "confusing" about the guide ? Smile  Do you mean to say you are unfamiliar with torrent clients and the .RAR file format ? If so, can you google for a small program that is called uTorrent ? Download and install that program for now - and report back when you are ready.

Inside the expansions there are .txt files (usually called "Installation guide") and in them, there is normally a serial number, which you need to enter during installation of the expansion...other than that you don't need any of the cracks inside the expansions because they are OUTDATED. The expansions were always released at the time they were released in the retail market.

Needless to say, if you used the crack inside the "World Adventures"-expansion (the very first expansion, which came out in 2010 I think ?), you probably can imagine that it won't work, due to it being outdated. Wink

The "Ultimate fix" is a crack (consisting of two files), which you need to put into the BASE GAME LOCATION. And you need to overwrite the original files, when doing so. It is needed so that you don't have to insert a physical disc before playing. The specialty of this Ultimate fix is that if you have at least one of the expansions installed, that are mentioned in step #1 of the guide I linked to, then you ONLY need to put this fix into the base game location, and you don't need any other cracks. The Ultimate fix is the most recent crack, if you wish.

And if you want to "keep your original game as opposed to a cracked one", then this is not possible. Generally you cannot download and install pirated stuff, without applying some sort of "crack". So please, only do the uTorrent thing for now, and then let's see.

P.S. please do not e-mail me for "support" unless I directly tell you to e-mail me. Smile  This e-mailing is more meant as a "channel" for me to communicate with friends on here, rather than giving support to people. 

P.P.S. Unless you have messed around with The Sims 2 and its expansions, you will know that the installation of The Sims 3 is much easier, than The Sims 2. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by declanmclean on Wed 09 Jul 2014, 00:11

@ayra_21 wrote:Hey Declan!
I'm coming here from my own thread after successfully downloading  and installiing TS3 Seasons.
Alright,first your game needs to be updated to the patch 1.67. (If it's not, you can update via Launcher or download the manual patch provided in step #2 of the link Carlos provided you with.)
After your game is updated, download one of the EPs listed in step #1(You have to do this in order for any other EP to  work. I chose Seasons because they interested me the most.) Download the EP you want from Games4theworld's site. (Unable to link it.)
Install the EP. (To install, click the Autorun.exe file you get in the .rar file after you've downloaded the EP completely.) Then install any other EP(s) you want with the serial code that is provided in the Installation Guide.txt file.Then, I re-booted(re-started) my computer just to be safe.
After that, DO NOT launch or touch anything, but download the manual patch provided in step #2 of the link Carlos posted. When it's downloaded, click on it and apply/install it.
Then download the Ultimate fix-you can get Ultimate fix in step #4 of the link above. When you download it, click on it to open. When you open the .rar or .zip file, you'll see a bunch of files. Ignore them all, except the '#Crack' folder. Drag the .exe and .dll files inside to Game/Bin. (You can find this by following the path where your base game is downloaded. Mine is F:/The Sims 3/Game/Bin)
So, you put the crack into your base game. (I didn't put it in my EP , I just realised that.)
Good luck!

Ah thanks this sounds a lot clear than the other guide - sorry to author!

I want generations and ambitions so I'll install generations first, install it and then input serial from guide.

I'll then download ambitions and install it using the serial in guide.

I'll restart my computer and download the manual patch and install that.

Finally I'll download ultimate fix and drag those files over. Wait, do I put the files from ultimate fix only into the base game file if it is one of those listed. Therefore, I should only put the files in the ultimate fix generations folder in the base game and with the crack for ambitions put it in ambitions game folder?

Thank you!

//EDIT

Carlos wrote:

OK, I got caught up in some other stuff...

But what exactly do you find "confusing" about the guide ? Smile  Do you mean to say you are unfamiliar with torrent clients and the .RAR file format ? If so, can you google for a small program that is called uTorrent ? Download and install that program for now - and report back when you are ready.

Inside the expansions there are .txt files (usually called "Installation guide") and in them, there is normally a serial number, which you need to enter during installation of the expansion...other than that you don't need any of the cracks inside the expansions because they are OUTDATED. The expansions were always released at the time they were released in the retail market.

Needless to say, if you used the crack inside the "World Adventures"-expansion (the very first expansion, which came out in 2010 I think ?), you probably can imagine that it won't work, due to it being outdated. Wink

The "Ultimate fix" is a crack (consisting of two files), which you need to put into the BASE GAME LOCATION. And you need to overwrite the original files, when doing so. It is needed so that you don't have to insert a physical disc before playing. The specialty of this Ultimate fix is that if you have at least one of the expansions installed, that are mentioned in step #1 of the guide I linked to, then you ONLY need to put this fix into the base game location, and you don't need any other cracks. The Ultimate fix is the most recent crack, if you wish.

And if you want to "keep your original game as opposed to a cracked one", then this is not possible. Generally you cannot download and install pirated stuff, without applying some sort of "crack". So please, only do the uTorrent thing for now, and then let's see.

P.S. please do not e-mail me for "support" unless I directly tell you to e-mail me. Smile  This e-mailing is more meant as a "channel" for me to communicate with friends on here, rather than giving support to people. 

P.P.S. Unless you have messed around with The Sims 2 and its expansions, you will know that the installation of The Sims 3 is much easier, than The Sims 2. Wink 

Hey, I don't mind adding the crack to my legit game so is that ok?

If I install generations, then ambitions, then manual patch, followed finally by ultimate fix in which I'll take the generations files in its folder and put in the base game bin. Then, as for ambitions take those files in its folder and pop inside the ambitions game bin?

//EDIT

DO I NEED MANUAL PATCH IF MY BASE GAME IS CURRENTLY AT 1.67 OR CAN I GO GENERATIONS AND AMBITIONS INSTALLATION AND THEN ULTIMATE FIX FORGETTING MANUAL PATCH?

Admin edit: Please use the "Edit" button to update your post, instead of double-posting! Thank you.

- ADMIN

declanmclean
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayra_21 on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 20:22

@declanmclean wrote:DO I NEED MANUAL PATCH IF MY BASE GAME IS CURRENTLY AT 1.67 OR CAN I GO GENERATIONS AND AMBITIONS INSTALLATION AND THEN ULTIMATE FIX FORGETTING MANUAL PATCH?
Personally, I downloaded the manual patch installed it again and applied the fix.Just to be safe.

//EDIT

@declanmclean wrote:
@ayra_21 wrote:Hey Declan!
Good luck!

Ah thanks this sounds a lot clear than the other guide - sorry to author!

I want generations and ambitions so I'll install generations first, install it and then input serial from guide.

I'll then download ambitions and install it using the serial in guide.

I'll restart my computer and download the manual patch and install that.

Finally I'll download ultimate fix and drag those files over. Wait, do I put the files from ultimate fix only into the base game file if it is one of those listed. Therefore, I should only put the files in the ultimate fix generations folder in the base game and with the crack for ambitions put it in ambitions game folder?

Thank you!
I only put it in my base game folder.

ayra_21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by declanmclean on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 20:36

Many thanks for your reply. However, you only installed for those listed and not another this isn't "required for it to work" expansion, right?

declanmclean
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayra_21 on Sat 12 Jul 2014, 23:26

@declanmclean wrote:Many thanks for your reply. However, you only installed for those listed and not another this isn't "required for it to work" expansion, right?
I only installed Seasons because that's the only one I wanted.
You firstly need to install at least one of the EPs required to work and then you install whichever EP(s) you want.After you've installed that, re-boot your computer, apply the patch and the Ultimate fix.

So,basically you can install any EP you want, you need to have at least one of the required.

ayra_21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by declanmclean on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 00:34

Just finished downloading generations, install now?

//EDIT

This is probably a really stupid question but should I extract everything from the .rar file or just open autorun. If I have to extract - where? Can I install this expansion then tomorrow download and install ambitions or does it have to be done all at once for manual patch? With manual patch if I can and do do it tomorrow do I then have to apply the manual patches to everything even those I am planning to do apply it to today i.e. generations and sims 3 base?

//EDIT 

Should I put the folder on desktop or in programme files, origin games? 

Last edited by declanmclean on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:32; edited 2 times in total

declanmclean
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 18:33

@declanmclean wrote:Just finished downloading generations, install now?

//EDIT

This is probably a really stupid question but should I extract everything from the .rar file or just open autorun. If I have to extract - where? Can I install this expansion then tomorrow download and install ambitions or does it have to be done all at once for manual patch? With manual patch if I can and do do it tomorrow do I then have to apply the manual patches to everything even those I am planning to do apply it to today i.e. generations and sims 3 base?

If you already applied the manual patch ONCE (to the base game), I'd suggest you install ALL expansions that you want, after that. So make an empty folder somewhere, and name it after an expansion pack (like "Ambitions"). Then you extract all the contents of the AMBITIONS .RAR to that folder. After extraction, go to the folder, and run the autorun.exe. For the next expansions, you should again make new folders, so that for each expansion, you have a folder you can extract the contents too.

After you installed all expansions, it's a godd idea to re-run the manual patch, even if it says your game is "updated" already. So do it again...and if you want to add even more EPs later on, just install them, and then again, re-run the manual patch.

P.S. Like the Admin said above, please do not double-post on here. Instead, use the "edit"-button on your post if you have to add something to your message.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayra_21 on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 18:58

so carlos, when i want to add a new ep i just re-apply the patch?i don't need to re-apply the fix?

ayra_21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 00:48

@ayra_21 wrote:so carlos, when i want to add a new ep i just re-apply the patch?i don't need to re-apply the fix?

Yes, you do both: re-apply the patch AND the fix too. When you apply the patch, every crack will be replaced by the standard EA files - so if you didn't re-apply the fix, you would get an "insert disk"-error or something when trying to start the game. Wink  

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ayra_21 on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 08:51

Carlos wrote:
@ayra_21 wrote:so carlos, when i want to add a new ep i just re-apply the patch?i don't need to re-apply the fix?

Yes, you do both: re-apply the patch AND the fix too. When you apply the patch, every crack will be replaced by the standard EA files - so if you didn't re-apply the fix, you would get an "insert disk"-error or something when trying to start the game. Wink  
Oh,okay. Thanks!

ayra_21
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum