SIMS 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 3

Post by pearlsareforever on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 00:36

Hello there. I was able to install the Sims 3 via torrent at TPB. 

It's running perfectly, except for:

There are no worlds/towns to choose from and the main start up menu does not contain anything.

Im running it into a Mac. The only thing is, I do not know which FIX will solve the problem. 

A little help please. Thank you. The Sims 3 plumbob  Help

pearlsareforever
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMS 3

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 18:20

@pearlsareforever wrote:Hello there. I was able to install the Sims 3 via torrent at TPB. 

It's running perfectly, except for:

There are no worlds/towns to choose from and the main start up menu does not contain anything.

Im running it into a Mac. The only thing is, I do not know which FIX will solve the problem. 

A little help please. Thank you. The Sims 3 plumbob  Help

//MOVED

Hello,

It's good to hear that you manged to install The Sims 3 already ! But at first you should update the game with the latest "manual patch", here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch

Then you need to download and install at least one of the following expansions (that is really a necessary step): Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.

After you installed at least one of them, re-run the manual patch, even if it says that your game is updated already. At the end, you do steps #3 and #4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Do these last two steps carefully, and then start the game. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pearlsareforever on Mon 07 Jul 2014, 00:48

Thank you for your kind assistance on this matter. I just needed to update to update the game before proceeding to Step 11 of the #Installation Guide. Works Perfectly! 

BTW, are there new expansions compatible for Mac?

pearlsareforever
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeejunkie on Tue 08 Jul 2014, 15:35

All expansions are complete ( you can see it from the size ) so, you should be able to install them Smile

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : The Sims 3

View user profile http://www.tech-hippie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 08 Jul 2014, 18:34

@pearlsareforever wrote:Thank you for your kind assistance on this matter. I just needed to update to update the game before proceeding to Step 11 of the #Installation Guide. Works Perfectly! 

BTW, are there new expansions compatible for Mac?

I have to object (slightly) to what the previous poster said: no, the expansions from Games4TheWorld are not "directly" compatible for Mac; in fact, installing them on Mac OS X is totally different than in Windows, and it requires other steps.

If you need assistance with the installation on Mac, feel free to open a new thread here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/f32-mac-support

Everything I told you in THIS thread is actually meant for Windows - did you edit your opening post after my reply ? I can't seem to remember that you mentioned (originally) that you were running it on a Mac - but then, I may be mistaken. Facepalm

The "must-read"-guide is indeed made for Windows - and if you want to play the games on mac, post a new thread in the other forum I linked to above.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeejunkie on Tue 08 Jul 2014, 20:13

I totally agree with you Carlos, I did not precise since some mac user seems to be able to install them without problems and to my knowledge too, the OP didn't mention mac, so I guessed pearlsareforever manage to install everything alright.

But you are right to be precise Smile

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : The Sims 3

View user profile http://www.tech-hippie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 09 Jul 2014, 20:40

@coffeejunkie wrote:I totally agree with you Carlos, I did not precise since some mac user seems to be able to install them without problems and to my knowledge too, the OP didn't mention mac, so I guessed pearlsareforever manage to install everything alright.

But you are right to be precise Smile

It's OK. Smile  But unless you manage to somehow "emulate" a Windows environment on Mac, like with using virtual machines or tools like "WINE", it's - from what I know - not possible to run Windows stuff on Mac. 

But let's not get off-topic now - things like that should be discussed elsewhere. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pearlsareforever on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 08:44

I've successfully installed SIMS 3 Seasons, separately. 

Thank you very much!

NOW SIMMING!!! The Sims Plumbob 1  Hammertime

pearlsareforever
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 22:35

Hi there,

You're welcome, glad to hear you were able to get it all to work!

Is there anything else we can currently help you with?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum