WHAT IS THE DEAL !!!!!!!CAW EIG not working on Windows 8. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHAT IS THE DEAL !!!!!!!CAW EIG not working on Windows 8. [SOLVED]

Post by Jabberbabywocki on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 06:49

OK.  Help 

There is just way to much out-dated crap about how this game works in conjunction to The downloads featured on this site. It is VERY confusing.
All I want to know is, Does EIG work with latest downloads. I don't have any problems with my sim game or expansions, CAW program works, but the Edit in Game feature does not. Both the build and buy button simply don't respond.
If you know how to fix this please tell me. maybe when can get a clear answer on whether you need the older version of the base game in order to use the EIG feature in CAW or do something else. Facepalm

Jabberbabywocki
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WHAT IS THE DEAL !!!!!!!CAW EIG not working on Windows 8. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 18:46

@Jabberbabywocki wrote:OK.  Help 

There is just way to much out-dated crap about how this game works in conjunction to The downloads featured on this site. It is VERY confusing.
All I want to know is, Does EIG work with latest downloads. I don't have any problems with my sim game or expansions, CAW program works, but the Edit in Game feature does not. Both the build and buy button simply don't respond.
If you know how to fix this please tell me. maybe when can get a clear answer on whether you need the older version of the base game in order to use the EIG feature in CAW or do something else. Facepalm

//MOVED

Hello, 

You shouldn't need to have an older base game version or something along these lines...assuming that your CAW is the latest available version:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7423-download-link-for-the-create-a-world-tool

Can you try running CAW as Administrator, and maybe even in compatibility mode for an earlier Windows version ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabberbabywocki on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 22:47

I did, and none of that worked.

//EDIT

Nevermind I found the problem. I started my world in the regular program , then once i had some world objects place i could ude the EIG. 

Jabberbabywocki
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 21:54

@Jabberbabywocki wrote:I did, and none of that worked.

//EDIT

Nevermind I found the problem. I started my world in the regular program , then once i had some world objects place i could ude the EIG. 

Alright, thanks for sharing this "fix". Smile  If you ever have any other issues, feel free to open a new thread. Topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum