Installing additional expansion packs after the installation process.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing additional expansion packs after the installation process.

Post by Gvoid on Tue 08 Jul 2014, 13:12

Hey.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct sub-forum. Please move the thread if so.

I've installed The Sims 3 and all expansion/stuff packs up until Generations. Since I have Generations, I'm pretty sure that I can now do the stickied installation process by the admin.

Since my downloading speed is unbelievably sluggish, I can't do my original plan (which was to download everything then install in one go); therefore, I'm planning to first install those expansion/stuff packs that I have already downloaded, then play the game while waiting for the post-Generations expansion/stuff packs to finish downloading, while installing each post-Generations expansion/stuff pack after downloading.

Is this possible? If so, what would I need to do if I wanted to apply the new expansion/stuff packs after applying the manual patch and Ultimate Fix? Do I need to re-apply the manual patch and Ultimate Fix every time I install a new expansion/stuff pack? Or is it only the Ultimate Fix that I need to re-apply?

Also, will this process affect my progress/saves in any way?

Thanks, and if this question has already been asked, kindly link the topic if possible. Thanks :>

Gvoid
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installing additional expansion packs after the installation process.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 21:56

Gvoid wrote:Hey.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct sub-forum. Please move the thread if so.

I've installed The Sims 3 and all expansion/stuff packs up until Generations. Since I have Generations, I'm pretty sure that I can now do the stickied installation process by the admin.

Since my downloading speed is unbelievably sluggish, I can't do my original plan (which was to download everything then install in one go); therefore, I'm planning to first install those expansion/stuff packs that I have already downloaded, then play the game while waiting for the post-Generations expansion/stuff packs to finish downloading, while installing each post-Generations expansion/stuff pack after downloading.

Is this possible? If so, what would I need to do if I wanted to apply the new expansion/stuff packs after applying the manual patch and Ultimate Fix? Do I need to re-apply the manual patch and Ultimate Fix every time I install a new expansion/stuff pack? Or is it only the Ultimate Fix that I need to re-apply?

Also, will this process affect my progress/saves in any way?

Thanks, and if this question has already been asked, kindly link the topic if possible. Thanks :>

Since you already posted in the other thread here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17228-adding-more-dlc

Do you have any other questions for now ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum