Can we install pirated expansion/stuff packs on our steam version of The Sims 3 ? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we install pirated expansion/stuff packs on our steam version of The Sims 3 ? [SOLVED]

Post by Brofist on Wed 09 Jul 2014, 12:17

Hello,

My friend is using Steam. Can he install pirated expansion/stuff packs on his steam version of The Sims 3 ? Does he need to have all the original games on steam?

Last edited by Brofist on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 20:56; edited 1 time in total
Brofist
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we install pirated expansion/stuff packs on our steam version of The Sims 3 ? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 09 Jul 2014, 20:44

Brofist wrote:Hello,

My friend is using Steam. Can he install pirated expansion/stuff packs on his steam version of The Sims 3 ? Does he need to have all the original games on steam?

Hello,

Brief answer: no, it's not possible to "mix" Steam games with pirated ones. I'd now suggest your friend simply gets hold of the pirated base game and expansions, and install them that way.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we install pirated expansion/stuff packs on our steam version of The Sims 3 ? [SOLVED]

Post by Brofist on Wed 09 Jul 2014, 21:04

Carlos wrote:

Hello,

Brief answer: no, it's not possible to "mix" Steam games with pirated ones. I'd now suggest your friend simply gets hold of the pirated base game and expansions, and install them that way.

Thank you for answer.May i ask you last question?   Very Happy   Can we install items from Sims 3 store (to steam version)
Brofist
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 22:24

Brofist wrote:
Carlos wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for answer.May i ask you last question?   Very Happy   Can we install items from Sims 3 store (to steam version)
Hi there,

Yes, you can install Store items safely, as long as they're decrapified. (If you're using cracked game versions too)
You can find more information about decrapifying here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t5933-how-to-decrapify-a-sims3pack-file-and-avoid-the-please-update-game-launcher-error  and all monthly updated Store Updates on our Download Server, here: www.games4theworlddownloads.org .

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Brofist on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 09:38

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.When we installed pirated expansions to steam/origin versions i hope we don't banned.Is that possible?
Brofist
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 18:25

Thank you for your answer.When we installed pirated expansions to steam/origin versions i hope we don't banned.Is that possible?

As far as I know, you can get banned when you CHEAT while playing games on Steam. But then, I don't have the Sims games on Steam, and maybe someone else has better advice on it.

But if the games are not "registered" to a Steam account (because they're pirated), I'm not sure how they would ban you for that ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brofist on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 20:55

Okay.We installed games and there is no problem.Thank you for helping me.I love this forum  Smile
Brofist
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 15:11

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply, but you're welcome!
Enjoy playing the games and do not hesitate to contact us again if you need more help, we're here.. Wink  The Sims Plumbob 1

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum