Time Portal Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time Portal Issues

Post by persephone325 on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 15:13

None of my Sims can use the Time Portal because the option is grayed out. It says "The adults in this household are already travelling." 

But... No one is gone. They're all living there, and no one is travelling... I've reset all the Sims, but still nothing. The adults career performance bar also won't move, so they can't get promoted.


I've also tried moving them to a new house, but the game just freezes every time. Sad

//EDIT

I ended up having to move the family to a different neighborhood, after saving a copy of them to my library. But I just don't know what to do if this happens again. I would hate moving them, yet again. lol

persephone325
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 35
Points : 2054
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time Portal Issues

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 Jul 2014, 01:13

@persephone325 wrote:None of my Sims can use the Time Portal because the option is grayed out. It says "The adults in this household are already travelling." 

But... No one is gone. They're all living there, and no one is travelling... I've reset all the Sims, but still nothing. The adults career performance bar also won't move, so they can't get promoted.


I've also tried moving them to a new house, but the game just freezes every time. Sad

//EDIT

I ended up having to move the family to a different neighborhood, after saving a copy of them to my library. But I just don't know what to do if this happens again. I would hate moving them, yet again. lol

Sorry for the late reply,

But I'm glad to hear that you (seemingly) fixed the problem yourself. That said, I'm not sure what triggers the problems with this time portal...are you sure that all your mods (and custom content) are compatible with your base game version ?

Also, when you play for a longer period of time in one and the same neighborhood, it's possible that - over time - very strange in-game glitches can happen...in which case it's indeed a good idea to save the sims to the library and putting them into a new neighborhood.


I'll leave the topic open in case you have any further comments or questions. Smile 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time Portal Issues

Post by persephone325 on Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:53

Carlos wrote:
@persephone325 wrote:None of my Sims can use the Time Portal because the option is grayed out. It says "The adults in this household are already travelling." 

But... No one is gone. They're all living there, and no one is travelling... I've reset all the Sims, but still nothing. The adults career performance bar also won't move, so they can't get promoted.


I've also tried moving them to a new house, but the game just freezes every time. Sad

//EDIT

I ended up having to move the family to a different neighborhood, after saving a copy of them to my library. But I just don't know what to do if this happens again. I would hate moving them, yet again. lol

Sorry for the late reply,

But I'm glad to hear that you (seemingly) fixed the problem yourself. That said, I'm not sure what triggers the problems with this time portal...are you sure that all your mods (and custom content) are compatible with your base game version ?

Also, when you play for a longer period of time in one and the same neighborhood, it's possible that - over time - very strange in-game glitches can happen...in which case it's indeed a good idea to save the sims to the library and putting them into a new neighborhood.


I'll leave the topic open in case you have any further comments or questions. Smile 

I don't have many mods. I did have to install Overwatch for lag issues, but the game always ran smoothly. However, I do play for long periods of time. So that might have been the problem.

I had a young teen Sim, and got the opportunity for him to throw a party while his parents went out of town. But the parents never went out of town for some odd reason. I didn't remember until just now, so that very well could have been why. Haha ^^

persephone325
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 35
Points : 2054
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time Portal Issues

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 06:43

@persephone325 wrote:I don't have many mods. I did have to install Overwatch for lag issues, but the game always ran smoothly. However, I do play for long periods of time. So that might have been the problem.

I had a young teen Sim, and got the opportunity for him to throw a party while his parents went out of town. But the parents never went out of town for some odd reason. I didn't remember until just now, so that very well could have been why. Haha ^^


If sims are supposed to "leave" town for a while and they either don't leave or don't come back, try resetting all the sims. I use the NRAAS_MasterController mod for that, normally, but you should be able to do it this way too:

In-game, type CTRL + SHIFT + C. In the console that comes up at the top, type in testingcheatsenabled true and then hit enter. Open that cheat console again, but this time type resetsim * and then wait a while. This should normally reset all the sims in your neighborhood.


Do you have any other issues ? Smile  

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time Portal Issues

Post by persephone325 on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 08:23

Carlos wrote:
@persephone325 wrote:I don't have many mods. I did have to install Overwatch for lag issues, but the game always ran smoothly. However, I do play for long periods of time. So that might have been the problem.

I had a young teen Sim, and got the opportunity for him to throw a party while his parents went out of town. But the parents never went out of town for some odd reason. I didn't remember until just now, so that very well could have been why. Haha ^^


If sims are supposed to "leave" town for a while and they either don't leave or don't come back, try resetting all the sims. I use the NRAAS_MasterController mod for that, normally, but you should be able to do it this way too:

In-game, type CTRL + SHIFT + C. In the console that comes up at the top, type in testingcheatsenabled true and then hit enter. Open that cheat console again, but this time type resetsim * and then wait a while. This should normally reset all the sims in your neighborhood.


Do you have any other issues ? Smile  

Ahh. I didn't think of that. I tried the resetSim [name] command, but it didn't seem to work. I didn't type the testingcheatsenabled true beforehand, though. Hopefully if it happens again, I can try it.

persephone325
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 35
Points : 2054
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Time Portal Issues

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 01 Aug 2014, 07:56

@persephone325 wrote:
Ahh. I didn't think of that. I tried the resetSim [name] command, but it didn't seem to work. I didn't type the testingcheatsenabled true beforehand, though. Hopefully if it happens again, I can try it.


Sorry for the late reply in this thread,


Just a small thing to add (which I seemingly forgot before): if you use the NRAAS_MasterController mod to perform a so-called "hard-reset", do it this way:

Go into "map view" and click on the town hall logo. Go to NRAAS -> MasterController -> Town -> Reset Everything. Wait until the reset is finished (that can take quite a while !) and see if you notice any changes/improvements in your gameplay.  Smile 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum