CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by Apollyna on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 11:06

Everything goes swimmingly everywhere except when I try to hit play in CC Magic - it finished building sets, stops responding for a moment, then immediately says it needs to close. I can play through the EA launcher just fine.

Spoiler:
Full log: pastebin[dot]com/DQnwkmX2

The good stuff:
2014-07-18 04:54:26Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.LaunchGame()
  at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.PlayExecute()
  at CCMagic.MainWindow.PlayCommandBinding_Executed(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.OnExecutedThunk(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
  at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
  at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteCore(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
  at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
  at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
  at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
  at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
  at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
  at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
  at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[/spoiler


Last edited by Carlos on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 21:57; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : cleaning, full log)

Apollyna
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1194
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 23:01

Apollyna wrote:Everything goes swimmingly everywhere except when I try to hit play in CC Magic - it finished building sets, stops responding for a moment, then immediately says it needs to close. I can play through the EA launcher just fine.

Spoiler:
Full log: pastebin[dot]com/DQnwkmX2

The good stuff:
2014-07-18 04:54:26Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.LaunchGame()
  at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.PlayExecute()
  at CCMagic.MainWindow.PlayCommandBinding_Executed(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
  at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.OnExecutedThunk(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.ExecutedRoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
  at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
  at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteCore(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
  at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
  at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
  at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
  at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
  at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
  at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
  at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[/spoiler


Hello,


Try reading this topic here; there are a few things you need to have installed in addition to CCMagic:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic


At the beginning of this topic, there are two causes mentioned that can lead to crashing: either corrupted/incompatible .sims3packs or you do not have .NET framework or this otehr stuff installed. Take your time for reading the article. Good luck !

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by Apollyna on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 23:56

Unfortunately I have already read that thread; I have the necessary files and the log doesn't specifically mention a corrupted package or sims3pack.

Is there a tool I can use to auto-check if any of my CC isn't valid?

//EDIT

I also notice when I play the game, that any items that use the Misc. material in Create-a-Style are lightened - if you try to recolor an EA jacket pure black for example, it will be more of a light grey as if hovering over the clothing piece with the cursor. Non-Misc materials look fine. Does this lend any clues?

Apollyna
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1194
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 09:25

Apollyna wrote:Unfortunately I have already read that thread; I have the necessary files and the log doesn't specifically mention a corrupted package or sims3pack.

Is there a tool I can use to auto-check if any of my CC isn't valid?

//EDIT

I also notice when I play the game, that any items that use the Misc. material in Create-a-Style are lightened - if you try to recolor an EA jacket pure black for example, it will be more of a light grey as if hovering over the clothing piece with the cursor. Non-Misc materials look fine. Does this lend any clues?


Let's see about your CC crashing first... Smile  

There is no easy or "direct" way to tell whether a .sims3pack file causes issues or not. I can only a rough guideline: for now, ONLY use .sims3pack from the official Sims 3-store - they are safe to use. But leave out any other "custom-made" (third-party) .sims3packs. 

Using content from the official store only, see if you still get CC crashes. In the end though, here's a "pro tip": I strongly recommend you switch all your store content to .package files, like I (and a few other Helpers on here) did. Look on Piratebay for things like that (I can't post direct links to Piratebay here) - for example a .package store compilation by the uploader "Rachelstoolbox". This huge download has all store content (except neighborhoods) in .package file format, and it's extremely easy and convenient to use, instead of the horrible .sims3packs. You would still have to use the launcher for installing the neighborhoods, but that shouldn't be too much of a hassle, when you don't have to deal with any other .sims3packs beyond that.


If you are new to .package files, read this here too, for installing them:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf



Good luck for now ! 

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by Apollyna on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 01:26

Funny enough, Rachelstoolbox's stuff was one of the first things I downloaded after nraas. Smile I also had already converted all my sims3packs, bar counters patterns and lots, to packages using Delphy's tool. I also found another tool by her to check for corrupt packages. Found one, but removing it did nothing to help.

I tested a version cleared of ALL cc, I renamed all the folders I could think of (Mods/Packages, CCMagic/Content/Packages, DCCache) and cleared the game cache using CC Magic. I even hit Rebuild before hitting play, just to be sure. The program rebuilds just fine, but still crashes when hitting play - on a vanilla-as-its-gonna-get install. Here's the log on that: pastebin dot com/cYmsWyt0

Perhaps I'm not reading it right, but the program only seems to throw exceptions right when it wants to open the game. I think this instead of thinking my CC is the problem because not only did removing all CC not solve the problem, but the logs also only read a problem on "play/excecute". Specifically:

2014-07-20 19:18:36Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.LaunchGame()
at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.PlayExecute()

Surely if this were a problem with the program, others would be reporting it? Could it be because I bought the game through Steam?

(BTW, The lighter material issue has been solved, but I sure can't remember what exactly I did to fix it, bar restoring my pre-CCMagic backups.)

Apollyna
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1194
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 19:07

Apollyna wrote:Funny enough, Rachelstoolbox's stuff was one of the first things I downloaded after nraas. Smile I also had already converted all my sims3packs, bar counters patterns and lots, to packages using Delphy's tool. I also found another tool by her to check for corrupt packages. Found one, but removing it did nothing to help.

I tested a version cleared of ALL cc, I renamed all the folders I could think of (Mods/Packages, CCMagic/Content/Packages, DCCache) and cleared the game cache using CC Magic. I even hit Rebuild before hitting play, just to be sure. The program rebuilds just fine, but still crashes when hitting play - on a vanilla-as-its-gonna-get install. Here's the log on that: pastebin dot com/cYmsWyt0

Perhaps I'm not reading it right, but the program only seems to throw exceptions right when it wants to open the game. I think this instead of thinking my CC is the problem because not only did removing all CC not solve the problem, but the logs also only read a problem on "play/excecute". Specifically:

2014-07-20 19:18:36Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.LaunchGame()
  at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.PlayExecute()

Surely if this were a problem with the program, others would be reporting it? Could it be because I bought the game through Steam?

(BTW, The lighter material issue has been solved, but I sure can't remember what exactly I did to fix it, bar restoring my pre-CCMagic backups.)


It's not necessary to "start the game with CCMagic". Wink  Can you please try and start the game with Steam (again, NOT with CCMagic !), and see if the .sims3pack contents show up in-game ? 

Yes, this error might be due to your Steam game, although I can't say that I'm an expert on that, since I got all my stuff from here, without having "clients" like Origin or Steam installed.

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by Apollyna on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 22:25

I can play the game through the EA launcher (requires / synonymous with Steam) just fine, CC and all. No problems whatsoever, which is the weird part.

In the meantime I've gone about merging packages the hard way with S3PE.

I appreciate your time very much, by the way.

Apollyna
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1194
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 00:43

Apollyna wrote:I can play the game through the EA launcher (requires / synonymous with Steam) just fine, CC and all. No problems whatsoever, which is the weird part.

In the meantime I've gone about merging packages the hard way with S3PE.

I appreciate your time very much, by the way.


Sure, no problem. The most important thing is that you're able to start the game in the "usual" way, and that your CC shows up in-game. Sure, the CCMagic-thing is weird, but then, as far as I'm concerned at least, I don't care anymore, since virtually all my store items are in .package file format. Very Happy 

Do you have any other questions or can I close this thread ? 

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Magic Crash on Startup, Log Included. [SOLVED]

Post by Apollyna on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 00:50

You can close it; looks like only the creator could sniff out the problem and I think they're no longer around.

Thanks again. Have a good one!


Mod edit: you are welcome ! Smile  If you ever have a new issue, feel free to open a new thread, at any time. Until then, have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Apollyna
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1194
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum