World Adventure "Crack 3" Folder update issues.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventure "Crack 3" Folder update issues.

Post by Digitalnamshub on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 19:41

Using only G4TW's downloads, and following the instructions here: ( http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ) I installed the Core Sims 3 game with no issues, then installed Outdoor Living Stuff with no problems. Then I got to World Adventure, everything was fine up till Step 5 of the installation guide.

When I tried to "5. Now open the 'Crack 3' folder and start the 'Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe'
patch.", it kept saying "The setup has detected that version ##### of the Sims 3 is all ready installed. This setup installs an earlier version of the Sims 3 ###. You have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version."

So I used the manual update fix here: ( http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch ). And now it is still saying the same error just with different update numbers when i use file "Sims3_1.7.9.002002_from_1.6.6.002002". Now it is "The setup has detected that version 1.67.002 of the Sims 3 is all ready installed. This setup installs an earlier version of the Sims 3 1.7.9. You have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version."

I assumed that since 1.6.7 comes after 1.6.6.002002 but before 1.7.9.002002, that that is next file I should update with.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance
DN

Digitalnamshub
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventure "Crack 3" Folder update issues.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 19:18

@Digitalnamshub wrote:Using only G4TW's downloads, and following the instructions here: ( http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ) I installed the Core Sims 3 game with no issues, then installed Outdoor Living Stuff with no problems. Then I got to World Adventure, everything was fine up till Step 5 of the installation guide.

When I tried to "5. Now open the 'Crack 3' folder and start the 'Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe'
patch.", it kept saying "The setup has detected that version ##### of the Sims 3 is all ready installed. This setup installs an earlier version of the Sims 3 ###. You have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version."

So I used the manual update fix here: ( http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch ). And now it is still saying the same error just with different update numbers when i use file "Sims3_1.7.9.002002_from_1.6.6.002002". Now it is "The setup has detected that version 1.67.002 of the Sims 3 is all ready installed. This setup installs an earlier version of the Sims 3 1.7.9. You have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version."

I assumed that since 1.6.7 comes after 1.6.6.002002 but before 1.7.9.002002, that that is next file I should update with.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance
DN

//MOVED

Hello,

Please ignore the instructions inside the expansions - they are meanwhile outdated. Can you update your game with the latest "manual patch" ? Get it here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch

Next, you must have at least one of the following expansions installed too, so go and download at least one of them:

Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations

After you are done with installing, please re-apply the manual patch. Ignore the message "your game is updated alreadey",a nd simply re.run the patch (just double-click on the patch to start the update).

And when you are done with THAT, simply do the steps #3 and #4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that's it ! Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14083

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digitalnamshub on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 22:48

Thanks for the help. Trying University install right now, having just done the manual patch again.

What instruction for each Expansion am I suppose to follow if the ones included in the G4TW torrents are outdated? It seems some expansions need patches applied and have those files included, while some just need you to click on the setup exe and maybe change something in Registry Editor.

Also, am I suppose to apply the manual patch after ever expansion gets installed? and then the Ultimate at the end?

Digitalnamshub
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 00:08

Hello there,

You can ignore all the files that come with the torrents, they're all outdated. (I'm talking about the "# Crack" folders and the included patches) The cracks will still work with that specific version of the game, but everything will break when you update, so we recommend just getting the latest version of the game, using the up-to-date crack that comes with the Ultimate Fix. (Step 3 and 4 of the last page Carlos linked to)

The only step for WA that you should not skip, is the "SKU" step. If you don't change the SKU to "2", you won't be able to install WA at all, due to a "Region Error".
Other than that, skip all the "# Crack"/patch folders.

Yes, install all the expansion packs, then apply the manual patch and then ONLY the "# Crack" part of the Ultimate Fix, as exactly described here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I hope that clears up!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Digitalnamshub on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 00:36

In retrospect, it seems incredibly clear. Sorry for making you re answer something for the gillinth time. :-) I do appreciate the help though. Maybe if you added in the line "and all '# Installation Guide' txt files" where you talk about ignoring all # Crack folders at the end of Step 1. Just a suggestion. Though I will admit I should have realized that's what you meant when you said ignore all Crack Folders :-)  Thanks again, your hard work is appreciated

//EDIT

Though I guess you do need the serial numbers from those Installation Guides

Digitalnamshub
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:07

@Digitalnamshub wrote:In retrospect, it seems incredibly clear. Sorry for making you re answer something for the gillinth time. :-) I do appreciate the help though. Maybe if you added in the line "and all '# Installation Guide' txt files" where you talk about ignoring all # Crack folders at the end of Step 1. Just a suggestion. Though I will admit I should have realized that's what you meant when you said ignore all Crack Folders :-)  Thanks again, your hard work is appreciated

//EDIT

Though I guess you do need the serial numbers from those Installation Guides

Yes, indeed, the only thing you need inside the expansions are the serial numbers, inside the "Installation guide.txt"-files.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14083

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum