Trouble getting past 48% installed for simcity 4. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble getting past 48% installed for simcity 4. [SOLVED]

Post by booellis9 on Sun 20 Jul 2014, 18:55

for some reason i can't install simciy 4. i used winrar and unzipped to a folder on my desktop i even dragged and dropped the files to the folder. i've mounted both ios files and when it gets to the insert 2nd disk i mount and open it and it just stays stuck at 48.32% graphic rules.sgr. ive even restarted my computer and tried again and i still get stuck on the 48.32%.

booellis9
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trouble getting past 48% installed for simcity 4. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 11:59

@booellis9 wrote:for some reason i can't install simciy 4. i used winrar and unzipped to a folder on my desktop i even dragged and dropped the files to the folder. i've mounted both ios files and when it gets to the insert 2nd disk i mount and open it and it just stays stuck at 48.32% graphic rules.sgr. ive even restarted my computer and tried again and i still get stuck on the 48.32%.

Hello,

Can you extract the contents of the .RAR again, to another folder and see if the same happens ? Also, is your mounting software too old ? If yes, try getting/pirating a newer software - just look on Piratebay for a more recent version of PowerISO, DaemonTools, or whatever.

The next thing I'd suggest is that you extract the contents of both .ISO files, to another folder. You should be able to view the "contents" of the .ISO files too, with your mounting software. Then you can simply mark the contents inside the .ISO with your mouse and drag/drop the marked contents out into the folder. Remember, again, to do this with BOTH .ISO files, and put everything in ONE folder.

Should you get a message saying something like this file/folder already exists, then just choose "move & replace" or "copy and replace"...after the extraction is complete, start the installation in that folder (!), instead of mounting the .ISO discs. Good luck for now !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by booellis9 on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 14:08

i'm not sure why but it worked this time. thanks for your help. you guys rock!

booellis9
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 15:06

Hello there,

Glad to hear it worked this time! (It's the magical Games4theworld touch, I think)
Enjoy playing the game and please let us know if you need help again!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum