My sim is frozen in the University town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sim is frozen in the University town

Post by RazoonC on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 01:59

Hello! This morning, I went into my game and could not control my sim or any of her roommates. I have tried resetting my sim as well as all of the sims on the dorm lot. I have also tried using the moveobjects cheat, but that failed as well. I tried bulldozing the dormitory then moving my sims in again, but that failed to address the problem. I installed ErrorTrapper and Overwatch from nraas, but neither has solved the issue. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled University Life, but, like everything else, that did not work either. I did try applying the ultimate fix too. A screenshot of my game is included (keyboard issues, so I had to use the on-screen one Razz). As shown in the screenshot, I cannot open the sim panel and my sim's picture is blank. She is frozen just like her roommates and I cannot click on or command any of them. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

RazoonC
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My sim is frozen in the University town

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:24

@RazoonC wrote:Hello! This morning, I went into my game and could not control my sim or any of her roommates. I have tried resetting my sim as well as all of the sims on the dorm lot. I have also tried using the moveobjects cheat, but that failed as well. I tried bulldozing the dormitory then moving my sims in again, but that failed to address the problem. I installed ErrorTrapper and Overwatch from nraas, but neither has solved the issue. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled University Life, but, like everything else, that did not work either. I did try applying the ultimate fix too. A screenshot of my game is included (keyboard issues, so I had to use the on-screen one Razz). As shown in the screenshot, I cannot open the sim panel and my sim's picture is blank. She is frozen just like her roommates and I cannot click on or command any of them. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Hello,

Do you actually get the same glitch if you move your sim into a private home, instead of having them in a dorm ?

Also, are you familiar with the NRAAS_Master Controller (base) mod ? Install that one, and in-game, go into "map view". There, click on your dorm logo, and on NRAAS. I'm not exactly sure now where the Reset lot-option is located, but look under "Household".

You really should look and try the option Reset lot, with NRAAS Master Controller. Good luck for now and keep us posted ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RazoonC on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 02:32

Carlos wrote:
@RazoonC wrote:Hello! This morning, I went into my game and could not control my sim or any of her roommates. I have tried resetting my sim as well as all of the sims on the dorm lot. I have also tried using the moveobjects cheat, but that failed as well. I tried bulldozing the dormitory then moving my sims in again, but that failed to address the problem. I installed ErrorTrapper and Overwatch from nraas, but neither has solved the issue. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled University Life, but, like everything else, that did not work either. I did try applying the ultimate fix too. A screenshot of my game is included (keyboard issues, so I had to use the on-screen one Razz). As shown in the screenshot, I cannot open the sim panel and my sim's picture is blank. She is frozen just like her roommates and I cannot click on or command any of them. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Hello,

Do you actually get the same glitch if you move your sim into a private home, instead of having them in a dorm ?

Also, are you familiar with the NRAAS_Master Controller (base) mod ? Install that one, and in-game, go into "map view". There, click on your dorm logo, and on NRAAS. I'm not exactly sure now where the Reset lot-option is located, but look under "Household".

You really should look and try the option Reset lot, with NRAAS Master Controller. Good luck for now and keep us posted ! Smile 

Hi! Yes, I got the same glitch even when I moved my sims into a private home or an empty lot. I am familiar with master controller! I tried to do that, but I could not click on my dorm logo Sad I just clicked on the logo in map view and nothing happened. I can't even enter the dorm building or see my sim anymore Sad I guess its quite a serious glitch Razz

//EDIT

I fixed it! I just went to my saves folder, right-clicked, went to properties and restored to a previous save, days before my sim froze. I dropped my sim out of uni right away, don't want to risk the glitch occurring again! Now, I have another problem  I had sent my sim to uni with her sister, but I dropped her out of uni early on. I went back to my hometown with my sim who was frozen and her sister has disappeared!  She is still shown in the family tree, but she is nowhere to be found in town or in the household. Her icon is gone as well. Any hope of getting her back?

RazoonC
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:42

@RazoonC wrote:
Hi! Yes, I got the same glitch even when I moved my sims into a private home or an empty lot. I am familiar with master controller! I tried to do that, but I could not click on my dorm logo Sad I just clicked on the logo in map view and nothing happened. I can't even enter the dorm building or see my sim anymore Sad I guess its quite a serious glitch Razz

//EDIT

I fixed it! I just went to my saves folder, right-clicked, went to properties and restored to a previous save, days before my sim froze. I dropped my sim out of uni right away, don't want to risk the glitch occurring again! Now, I have another problem  I had sent my sim to uni with her sister, but I dropped her out of uni early on. I went back to my hometown with my sim who was frozen and her sister has disappeared!  She is still shown in the family tree, but she is nowhere to be found in town or in the household. Her icon is gone as well. Any hope of getting her back?

Sorry for the late reply,

In the past couple of days I didn't really have the time/motivation to play The Sims 3. But your "new" problem is still the same as the old one: you need to find a way to "reset" either your whole university world or at least the lot, where your sims are. In the dorm (or wherever your sims live), can you maybe click somewhere on the ground, and see if you get an option in MasterController, to reset the lot ? You might have to look for a while in the menu of MasterController to find such a thing; I can't really tell you at this point where that option could be, but I'll play TS3 again, this weekend.

Also, you can look in a computer, in your hometown: so get your sim behind a compuer and look for the option "NRAAS". Then look under "Town" -> Reset everything. Something like that...
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum