I Cant See my sims Icons. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Cant See my sims Icons. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by YourDeadlysin6654 on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 03:40

I only have the Base game and University life. once my sim got back from School and i went back to my own home. for some reason when i change its clothes it has the same clothes on before i changed them. and the phone wont stop ringing.. and the icon you cant see any of them like if you click something for the sim to do it. you cant see what it is its just a blue box. i need help idk what i did wrong or anything. also it wont save at all!!!!! Please Help!!!!!

YourDeadlysin6654
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, POKEMON!!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Cant See my sims Icons. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 19:34

YourDeadlysin6654 wrote:I only have the Base game and University life. once my sim got back from School and i went back to my own home. for some reason when i change its clothes it has the same clothes on before i changed them. and the phone wont stop ringing.. and the icon you cant see any of them like if you click something for the sim to do it. you cant see what it is its just a blue box. i need help idk what i did wrong or anything. also it wont save at all!!!!! Please Help!!!!!

Hello,

Looks like you've encountered the effects of the "travel system"-glitch...unfortunately, there is no "direct" solution to this problem, but let's see. Did you actually SAVE your game in your hometown ? 

EA's "travel system" worked pretty fine, at one point, but then (I can't remember when exactly) things started to glitch, with the release of a patch. From then on, problems with the travel system - like Sims not arriving to their destination at all, or not being able to return, or tons of other similar glitches - are very common...

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14440

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YourDeadlysin6654 on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 00:20

So basicly it will continue to do it. even if i uninstall it? and reinstall it?

YourDeadlysin6654
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 21:29

YourDeadlysin6654 wrote:So basicly it will continue to do it. even if i uninstall it? and reinstall it?

So I assume you did save the game in your hometown, after returning from university ? That's not good, but I'll see what I can do. For now, un-installing the games is NOT what you want to do: it's neither necessary nor does (un-)installing games affect savefiles in The Sims 3.

Go here: My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Can you look if there is a folder with the name (Name of your savegame).sims3.backup ? Please tell me whether you have such a folder or not. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YourDeadlysin6654 on Thu 24 Jul 2014, 03:53

I played the game like 14 hours straight and when i tried to save it it wouldnt. so i dont have a saved game. idk what i could do.

YourDeadlysin6654
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:44

YourDeadlysin6654 wrote:I played the game like 14 hours straight and when i tried to save it it wouldnt. so i dont have a saved game. idk what i could do.

14 hours straight without saving even once ? That's not good; you should always make sure to save regularly, about every 20-30 minutes (real-time). I'm sorry to say that, but in that case, you have to start over, with a new savegame and new sims too. Sad 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YourDeadlysin6654 on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 05:51

yeah i know i got so into it i forgot. Silly me. but if i start a whole NEW one. will that saved one do the same thing this one did the glitching and stuff? to be honest i was just going to try downloading Seasons will it still effect it ?

YourDeadlysin6654
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 00:16

YourDeadlysin6654 wrote:yeah i know i got so into it i forgot. Silly me. but if i start a whole NEW one. will that saved one do the same thing this one did the glitching and stuff? to be honest i was just going to try downloading Seasons will it still effect it ?

Sorry for the late reply,

Basically, remember the following things:

1) ALWAYS save in short intervals, like every 20-30 minutes real-time. Exit the game completely after about 60 minutes of play (real-time), and wait a little for the computer to "recuperate". Then re-start the game if you still want to play.

2) Make sure to regularly BACKUP the folder "Saves", to a safe place, like an external hard-drive, or if you don't have a thing like that, just take a cheap DVD-RW (= a re-writable DVD !). That should do too. Your "Saves" folder is located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.

3) Whenever you see something "glitching" seriously in-game, never save your game ! It's better to lose some in-game progress than losing the savegame completely.

Keeping these things in mind, you will lower the risks of things like that significantly. Smile  Of course, there is never something like 100% security, but you should keep these tips in mind.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum