Help updating games. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help updating games. [SOLVED]

Post by Michelle801 on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 00:30

Help This has never happened before, every time I try to install anything, I keep getting this error

Before trying to update

After Trying to update

Now before I tried to even install anything, I installed my physical copies of The Sims 3/Ambitions/World Adventures/Pets/Showtime and Diesel Stuff first

Everything is going good, I then torrented the expansions and stuff packs I wanted and once they were done, I opened one of them to start the installation process and got that error.

Am I doing something wrong? This now happens with every expansion and Stuff pack that I got off G4TW Sever, which it never did, since I’ve used it in the past and installing was never a problem.

Help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Michelle801
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Metal Gear Solid Series, Fable 1-2, The Sims Franchise, Ace Attorney Series, Professor Layton Series, Ib, Jak and Daxter 1-2 & 3, Legend Of Zelda Series, Tales Of Xilla 1-2, and Skies Of Arcadia Legends
Female Posts : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help updating games. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 00:40

Hello,

Have you tried updating the game with the "manual superpatch" ? Look here, under step #2:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind the other steps too, though. Good luck, and keep us posted ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle801 on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 02:14

Carlos wrote:Hello,

Have you tried updating the game with the "manual superpatch" ? Look here, under step #2:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind the other steps too, though. Good luck, and keep us posted ! Smile

I went and downloaded the super patch and as soon as I did this showed up

I updated the launcher via the base game and that helped a little with the installation, but now that error is worrying me as I never had that problem either, so far, generations and Seasons is giving that problem error. The patch also can't identify either
Michelle801
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Metal Gear Solid Series, Fable 1-2, The Sims Franchise, Ace Attorney Series, Professor Layton Series, Ib, Jak and Daxter 1-2 & 3, Legend Of Zelda Series, Tales Of Xilla 1-2, and Skies Of Arcadia Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:04

Michelle801 wrote:

I updated the launcher via the base game and that helped a little with the installation, but now that error is worrying me as I never had that problem either, so far, generations and Seasons is giving that problem error. The patch also can't identify either

Can you right-click on the patch and choose "Run as Administrator" ? Also, did you get "Seasons" from a physical disc or did you pirate it ? Have you tried un-installing Seasons and then re-booting the computer ? After that, try re-running the patch.

Something probably went wrong during the installation of your games...did you extract the contents of the (pirated) game downloads with
WinRAR, and into an extra folder ? Because that's the way it should be done, to avoid any possible issues.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle801 on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 22:47

Carlos wrote:
Michelle801 wrote:

Can you right-click on the patch and choose "Run as Administrator" ? Also, did you get "Seasons" from a physical disc or did you pirate it ? Have you tried un-installing Seasons and then re-booting the computer ? After that, try re-running the patch.

Something probably went wrong during the installation of your games...did you extract the contents of the (pirated) game downloads with
WinRAR, and into an extra folder ? Because that's the way it should be done, to avoid any possible issues.

I tried that just now (running as administrator) and so far, it’s worked flawlessly, no errors yet. I’ll let you know when I finish installing Smile
Michelle801
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 20:42

Take your time... Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle801 on Thu 24 Jul 2014, 03:28

I finished everything and it runs fine so far, thanks for your help Smile

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !

- Carlos
Michelle801
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum