Game crashing when trying to play Isla Paradiso

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashing when trying to play Isla Paradiso

Post by ohmygloss on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 06:35

I just re-installed the game and all the expansions/stuff packs. It was running fine while I played Moonlight Falls. As soon as I loaded Isla Paradiso, my game hasn't been running at all. It just keeps crashing. It started after the first crash when I suddenly got a "graphics card has stopped working" message. The Crash Log Analyzer says "insufficient graphics capability". I play on a laptop and I have, in the past, played this game without any problems.

My graphics card is the Intel HD Graphics 3000. I already used that Can I Run It? site and I should be playing the game just fine, I'm above the requirements.

ohmygloss
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashing when trying to play Isla Paradiso

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:35

ohmygloss wrote:I just re-installed the game and all the expansions/stuff packs. It was running fine while I played Moonlight Falls. As soon as I loaded Isla Paradiso, my game hasn't been running at all. It just keeps crashing. It started after the first crash when I suddenly got a "graphics card has stopped working" message. The Crash Log Analyzer says "insufficient graphics capability". I play on a laptop and I have, in the past, played this game without any problems.

My graphics card is the Intel HD Graphics 3000. I already used that Can I Run It? site and I should be playing the game just fine, I'm above the requirements.

Hello,

These "Intel HD" chips are very underpowered for most "modern" gaming purposes; computers that have those chips are usually not intended to be used for gaming. Even if you managed to play The Sims 3 on it in the past it doesn't have to mean anything. I've seen lots of people doing that, only to discover at a later date, that their graphics chip has taken damage due to the heavy gaming.

The best thing I can suggest for now, is that you basically LOWER all your graphics settings in the in-game options menu. Also, check out this tool here and see if it detects any updates for your graphics chip:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum