A Couple of Problems - Help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Couple of Problems - Help?

Post by Gmr_Girl on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 02:02

Most of, if not all, of my Sims 3 Store content are .package files. The exception to this are a couple worlds, which are Sims3Pack files. I also have  quite a bit of Premium Content which is, sadly, broken (mainly the accessories for said content missing) I have the fixes (the updated ones found here) but - and I feel stupid about this - I'm finding the instructions to be a bit confusing, as I've read various explanations on how to do it. To be clear, I have a ccmerged.package file in my DCBackup folder, the same ccmerged file in my Mods/Overrides folder, plus StoreFix_Fixes and StoreFix_DecrapFixes in my Overrides folder as well - the XML's I took out because apparently they're only good for patch 1.63 and I'm on 1.66. Do I have these files in the correct place for the .package file installation instructions? Also, am I supposed to decrap my Store .package files? The reason I'm asking is because I thought Sims3Packs were the only ones that needed to be decrapped?


Now my next problem, and I believe it's directly related to the said Store Fixes I have installed. When working in Edit Town mode on a lot, I use testingcheatsenabled and buydebug. For some reason, even AFTER disabling these two cheats before going back to Edit Town, my game hangs forever on the loading screen, yet Windows Task Manager reports the program is running fine, the background music keeps going, etc. I can do nothing but force close my game. Needless to say, I'm getting rather peeved. At any rate, I've been doing some testing, even going as far as to create a fresh Sims 3 folder. In one such test, I took out the various Store fix .package files in my overrides folder (which I believe are causing the infinite loading loop), booted up the game, went to Edit Town and used the testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug on cheat like normal. Placed a random object from buydebug, then turned off both cheats and went back into Edit Town with no problems whatsoever. At this point, I'm at a loss as to what to do, because without the fixes installed, my content will be broken/missing accessories again, but I'll at least get to play without problems. But if I keep the fixes in, this problem will continue. Please help!


By the way, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) and all my drivers are up to date.

Gmr_Girl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13
Points : 879
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Couple of Problems - Help?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 04:09

@Gmr_Girl wrote:Most of, if not all, of my Sims 3 Store content are .package files. The exception to this are a couple worlds, which are Sims3Pack files. I also have  quite a bit of Premium Content which is, sadly, broken (mainly the accessories for said content missing) I have the fixes (the updated ones found here) but - and I feel stupid about this - I'm finding the instructions to be a bit confusing, as I've read various explanations on how to do it. To be clear, I have a ccmerged.package file in my DCBackup folder, the same ccmerged file in my Mods/Overrides folder, plus StoreFix_Fixes and StoreFix_DecrapFixes in my Overrides folder as well - the XML's I took out because apparently they're only good for patch 1.63 and I'm on 1.66. Do I have these files in the correct place for the .package file installation instructions? Also, am I supposed to decrap my Store .package files? The reason I'm asking is because I thought Sims3Packs were the only ones that needed to be decrapped?


Now my next problem, and I believe it's directly related to the said Store Fixes I have installed. When working in Edit Town mode on a lot, I use testingcheatsenabled and buydebug. For some reason, even AFTER disabling these two cheats before going back to Edit Town, my game hangs forever on the loading screen, yet Windows Task Manager reports the program is running fine, the background music keeps going, etc. I can do nothing but force close my game. Needless to say, I'm getting rather peeved. At any rate, I've been doing some testing, even going as far as to create a fresh Sims 3 folder. In one such test, I took out the various Store fix .package files in my overrides folder (which I believe are causing the infinite loading loop), booted up the game, went to Edit Town and used the testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug on cheat like normal. Placed a random object from buydebug, then turned off both cheats and went back into Edit Town with no problems whatsoever. At this point, I'm at a loss as to what to do, because without the fixes installed, my content will be broken/missing accessories again, but I'll at least get to play without problems. But if I keep the fixes in, this problem will continue. Please help!


By the way, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) and all my drivers are up to date.

Hello,


Did you already post on the Facebook page of G4TW too ? On that FB page, there was another user with (apparently) the same issue, and she said she had alread tried lots of things...

That said, the store fixes don't do anything else than fixing the problems with premium store content. Are you sure you completely took out ALL older store fix files ? And please, do not take out single files of the store fix - every file is meant to be used, so put the XMLs.package back to where it belongs. Smile 

My suggestion would now be that you apply the instructions for BOTH .sims3pack and .package files. This means....


1) ccmerged.package into -> My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCBackup (replace the original file !!!)
                             and  -> My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages (replace the original file)



2) StoreFix_Fixes.package, StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package, XMLs.package into -> My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages
                                                                                                  and  -> My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Overrides


I will re-test that myself, but in all the years I've been using both the store fixes and buydebug, I've never encountered anything like that, and it seems to be a very rare glitch, but let's see. Good luck for now ! Smile  


P.S. after applying the store fixes, please delete the scriptCache.package file, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ before re-starting the game.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16200
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Couple of Problems - Help?

Post by Gmr_Girl on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 08:46

Hi!

Thank you so much for your reply and explanation! I really appreciate it. Smile

Ok, I've put all the files in their required folders, double and triple checked everything; now I keep my fingers crossed.

I'll post my findings here. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Well, I'm back. Even after following the plain English instructions you provided and double and triple checking that the files were in the right place, I'm still having the same issue. Totally at a loss as to what to do now.

And I'm sorry I didn't answer your question about facebook - no that wasn't me who posted there. I actually don't go on facebook, believe it or not. However, I'm wondering if the person had any luck fixing her problem? I hope so!


Last edited by Gmr_Girl on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 09:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yo update previous post)

Gmr_Girl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13
Points : 879
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Couple of Problems - Help?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 21:30

@Gmr_Girl wrote:Hi!

Thank you so much for your reply and explanation! I really appreciate it. Smile

Ok, I've put all the files in their required folders, double and triple checked everything; now I keep my fingers crossed.

I'll post my findings here. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Well, I'm back. Even after following the plain English instructions you provided and double and triple checking that the files were in the right place, I'm still having the same issue. Totally at a loss as to what to do now.

And I'm sorry I didn't answer your question about facebook - no that wasn't me who posted there. I actually don't go on facebook, believe it or not. However, I'm wondering if the person had any luck fixing her problem? I hope so!


Hey, thanks for editing your post ! Smile  (only few people do that, lol). And don't worry too much about the Facebook thing then; the possibility just occurred to me, since this is a rare glitch, and the person on Facebook didn't manage to solve her issue, not even after some tips from me. Sad

That said, I have re-tested the feature (testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug), and placed random items from buydebug - tomb objects, garden plants, "miscellaneous objects" - on my home lot as well as on some community lots in my town. And - surprise (?) - I didn't get the infinite loop after exiting buy-mode.

I will try to help you with that, but I'm going to flat out tell you that I'm not too optimistic about this being solved. Let's see...



1) At first, check out my reply to the user's issue in the following topic, and do all the steps I described there:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working


Please take your time for doing these steps - they are very important.



2) Check out the tool in Lady ElDi's opening post:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner


Open this tool, and go to where your savefile is located. Inside your savefile-folder, there is a .nhd file, which you need to select. Let the tool "clean" the savefile, and see if that improved anything in your game. NOTE: please backup your savefiles before applying that tool, just to be safe. 



3) Next, have you tried NOT to go into "edit-town" ? This means: if you plan on putting buydebug objects on your homelot, just go into the "normal" buy-mode. If, however, you want to edit another lot than your own, here's another way to do it: while having testingcheatsenabled and buydebug on, you basically hold the SHIFT-key on your keyboard and then click somewhere on the ground of the lot you want to edit; then you should get the options "buy on this lot" and "build on this lot". Choose the buy-one.

This latter thing is just a theory from me, because that's the way I did it, without getting the infinite loop. I never really used the buy/build-mode from "edit-town", though technically they are the same (lol). You might give it a shot. Smile



4) One more thing: what objects from buydebug did you place exactly ? Does it happen with ALL objects or only with certain ones ?


That's all for now, and do keep me posted ! I'll continue thinking about possible solutions to that. Good luck.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16200
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Couple of Problems - Help?

Post by Gmr_Girl on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:50

Hi there!

Apologies first off for taking so long to reply - I've literally been working on this all day (and it's about 2:30am where I am right now), re-downloading all my content as Sims3Pack files, decrapping them, Testing, etc. It was only a few hours ago that I was actually able to test though. At any rate, I've followed all the steps you mentioned as well as did a little testing of my own, and I found something odd.

Before that though, I should mention I'm working with a community lot and not an actual home lot. At any rate, after everything was said and done - with my content now installed as Sims3Packs and decrapped via Lady EIDi's decrapper - thanks for that by the way! - and the fixes re-applied, I fired up the game/loaded my save, did the usual buydebug cheat and went to work on the lot. The first test I did was place a couple of Late Night's deco trash cans. Didn't turn the buydebug cheat off. I was able to go back to the Edit Town screen (AND save) without a hitch. Good right? I didn't want to get my hopes up yet though, and so did another test. This time, with the buydebug cheat still on, I decided to add a few of the smaller Gobo lights from Late Night (why the smaller ones are in buydebug I have no idea) - repeated the process of keeping the cheat on and going back to Edit Town, again with no problems. The third test I did, with the same community lot, I placed one of the larger Gobo lights (why they're in both buydebug and normal Buy Mode is beyond me) from buydebug on the lot. Tried to go back to Edit Town, and that's when I encountered the infinite loop.  Facepalm 

So after I force closed the game, for the hell of it I took out the fixes, cleared the caches and tried again. This time around I was able to go into buydebug and place the smaller and larger ceiling gobo lights and go back to Edit Town without a problem. So, for some odd reason, I think the larger ceiling gobo lights are somehow causing the problem of the infinite loop WHEN the fixes are installed. When they're not, it seems to work just fine.

Honestly, I'm at a loss, lol.  silent

EDIT: After some more testing today (and finding a handy mod which places  all Late Night party lights in the correct category, I did some further testing. No buydebug this time (because of said mod) Everything was working fine; the key word here is WAS, however - as about 30 minutes into playing (on the same community lot) I started noticing object thumbnails from buy and build mode disappearing - the objects themselves worked fine, however. I tried to go back to the Edit Town screen and that's when the infinite loop happened again. So, at least now I know when it's going to **** up on me now, lol. All kidding aside, however, I don't know what could be causing my problem. With no longer having to go into buydebug, and yet still having the problem, I'm not just what the hell is causing the infinite loop in the first place now.


Last edited by Gmr_Girl on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 00:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Did more testing)

Gmr_Girl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13
Points : 879
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Couple of Problems - Help?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 23:39

@Gmr_Girl wrote:Hi there!

Apologies first off for taking so long to reply - I've literally been working on this all day (and it's about 2:30am where I am right now), re-downloading all my content as Sims3Pack files, decrapping them, Testing, etc. It was only a few hours ago that I was actually able to test though. At any rate, I've followed all the steps you mentioned as well as did a little testing of my own, and I found something odd.

Before that though, I should mention I'm working with a community lot and not an actual home lot. At any rate, after everything was said and done - with my content now installed as Sims3Packs and decrapped via Lady EIDi's decrapper - thanks for that by the way! - and the fixes re-applied, I fired up the game/loaded my save, did the usual buydebug cheat and went to work on the lot. The first test I did was place a couple of Late Night's deco trash cans. Didn't turn the buydebug cheat off. I was able to go back to the Edit Town screen (AND save) without a hitch. Good right? I didn't want to get my hopes up yet though, and so did another test. This time, with the buydebug cheat still on, I decided to add a few of the smaller Gobo lights from Late Night (why the smaller ones are in buydebug I have no idea) - repeated the process of keeping the cheat on and going back to Edit Town, again with no problems. The third test I did, with the same community lot, I placed one of the larger Gobo lights (why they're in both buydebug and normal Buy Mode is beyond me) from buydebug on the lot. Tried to go back to Edit Town, and that's when I encountered the infinite loop.  Facepalm 

So after I force closed the game, for the hell of it I took out the fixes, cleared the caches and tried again. This time around I was able to go into buydebug and place the smaller and larger ceiling gobo lights and go back to Edit Town without a problem. So, for some odd reason, I think the larger ceiling gobo lights are somehow causing the problem of the infinite loop WHEN the fixes are installed. When they're not, it seems to work just fine.

Honestly, I'm at a loss, lol.  silent

EDIT: After some more testing today (and finding a handy mod which places  all Late Night party lights in the correct category, I did some further testing. No buydebug this time (because of said mod) Everything was working fine; the key word here is WAS, however - as about 30 minutes into playing (on the same community lot) I started noticing object thumbnails from buy and build mode disappearing - the objects themselves worked fine, however. I tried to go back to the Edit Town screen and that's when the infinite loop happened again. So, at least now I know when it's going to **** up on me now, lol. All kidding aside, however, I don't know what could be causing my problem. With no longer having to go into buydebug, and yet still having the problem, I'm not just what the hell is causing the infinite loop in the first place now.


OK, I'm back again.


Maybe I overlooked it, but have you actually tried my "method" of editing lots, instead of using "edit-town" ? Smile  Again, let's say you want to edit another lot than your own: just go to "map view", and then zoom in on the lot you want to edit. You need to have testingcheatsenabled true activated for that, but then just hold SHIFT and then click somewhere on the lot you want to edit. Choose "buy on this lot", and then place the buydebug items. See if the same glitch happens again.

And are you sure that mod you're using is compatible with your base game version ? And are you sure too that there aren't any conflicts between that mod and any of your other mods/CC items ?

If this thing happens just with certain items, like these lights, then the best thing you can do for now is that you avoid placing them. Also, if you read the guide I linked to about crash-troubleshooting, then you will have noticed that I mentioned the Currentgame.sims3 folder. And that the contents of it should be deleted. Now...every time you need to force the game to close, for whatever reason, check that folder. If there are any contents, delete them. Do this every time, your game "closes" unexpectedly.


I'll see to these "globo lights", next time I play TS3. Until then, try to have fun with the game !  The Sims Plumbob 1 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16200
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Couple of Problems - Help?

Post by Gmr_Girl on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 04:06

Apologies for taking so long to continue this topic - been without internet for a few days, so consequentially I've had a lot of time to do further testing. Everything I thought was the problem has been totally turned upside down, and I'll explain why.

Couple days ago I said "screw it" and uninstalled ALL of my games, even the base game, then spent the next several hours re-installing and patching ALL the games - as you may or may not know, the earlier EPs had patches as well. Anyway, and yes I did back up my important stuff. So after I got all this done, I decided to also re-install all of my Premium Content as sims3packs - all my other, non PC store items are in .package format. But just to be safe, I also did a fresh re-install of my other store content and made a merged .package file for each of the store sets I downloaded. Also went ahead and updated a couple of mods I have installed, as I am now on patch 1.67 because of the re-install. Anywho, with everything good again, I placed the updated store fixes from here back in my Mods/Packages folder, cleared the caches and started the game. Started work on a community lot. Now, I'm going to be very clear when I say this - with the fixes installed, I now have some window from the Mother Russia Store set in my game that I never remember downloading; It's got a blank thumbnail in the Build Mode > Windows category, a blank description box, and a price of 145 simoleons. When placed, the wall piece it's on disappears. I took a picture to show what I mean:




Once this window is placed, any attempt to go back into Edit Town or Live Mode is moot, as the screen gets stuck on an indefinite loop where the only solution is to force close the game using Windows Task Manager. Let me be clear, I never downloaded this window from here or anywhere else, I ran up and down each folder in my Mods file multiple times, I even ran non store sims3packs through CUSTARD (a program over at Mod The Sims) and this particular window popped up in none of them.

I know without a doubt this "mystery" window is causing the infinite loop, because without ANY of the fixes installed, the game works just fine. However, because I'm still in community lot renovation mode, I have yet to see if my premium content works correctly without the fixes installed.

Gmr_Girl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13
Points : 879
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Couple of Problems - Help?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 04:15

OK, OK, let's see...


http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17432-store-fix-doors-and-saving#119543


I think most of what I mentioned in this post (from the link) I have already suggested here too, but feel free to re-check the post (forget about #7 though, lol, since I assume you really did everything right).

As for me, I never get any infinite loop, with the latest store fixes. And I can't really explain why this happens with some people now. Maybe a mod, that causes this issue ? I really can't tell. If you feel that nothing in the other post from me works, then yes, feel free to remove the store fixes. But your premium store content won't work probably...

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16200
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum