Installed fine then problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed fine then problem

Post by Maebh2 on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 10:34

Got the Master Items file from here, used Winrar, got everything installed. Everything worked great but when I start the game it asks me to insert a disc. Any ideas?

Maebh2
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed fine then problem

Post by stabitha666 on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 15:09

Yes,
Re do steps 2-4 from *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

and then
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix! (Should fix most of your problems)

That should definitely solve your issue. =^^=
stabitha666
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1, 2, & 3, Diablo 1, 2, & 3, Soul Caliber, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., America Mcgee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns, Okamiden,Magic: The Gathering,...and other stuffs
Female Posts : 263

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maebh2 on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 00:48

I did exactly as it stated in the link you sent. Now the game crashes when trying to start.

Maebh2
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stabitha666 on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 18:43

This should help you,

Carlos wrote:

Hello,

For now (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Next make sure that you download all available Windows updates too...

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. Also, have you also heard about the tool "GameBooster", which can help you improve your system's performance ? Smile 

Good luck !

Thread of origin: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working#118442
stabitha666
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 1, 2, & 3, Diablo 1, 2, & 3, Soul Caliber, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros., America Mcgee's Alice, Alice: Madness Returns, Okamiden,Magic: The Gathering,...and other stuffs
Female Posts : 263

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum