Duplicated Sims?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Duplicated Sims?

Post by Enric on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 20:07

I'm not sure if it was asked before, but I can't find it. Here's the problem.

I created a family made by a young man and his old father. None of them had siblings I moved them to a house, I played and the old one even died. Ok. Surprisingly my Sim has a friend (from his job) who is exactly himself (the same name, the same surname, the same characteristics and the same face). Even worse, this duplicated sim apparently lives together with his father (who is exactly my dead father), with one sim I created long ago for another family and one sim I don't remember at all. Yet. I can't find this family in the neighbourhood. The two duplicated sims work in the town-hall, but I can't find their house.

Basically I'd like to get ride of these duplicated sims. Plus I'd like to know what I can do to avoid to have this bug again.

Enric
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Minecraft, Zelda, Europa Universalis
Male Posts : 54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Duplicated Sims?

Post by wetblue13 on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 19:56

did you save them to you library and, did you go to town and edit town then changed households and used the same family from the library and continued with them and forgot about the old one?

wetblue13
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 23:07

@Enric wrote:I'm not sure if it was asked before, but I can't find it. Here's the problem.

I created a family made by a young man and his old father. None of them had siblings I moved them to a house, I played and the old one even died. Ok. Surprisingly my Sim has a friend (from his job) who is exactly himself (the same name, the same surname, the same characteristics and the same face). Even worse, this duplicated sim apparently lives together with his father (who is exactly my dead father), with one sim I created long ago for another family and one sim I don't remember at all. Yet. I can't find this family in the neighbourhood. The two duplicated sims work in the town-hall, but I can't find their house.

Basically I'd like to get ride of these duplicated sims. Plus I'd like to know what I can do to avoid to have this bug again.

Hello,

You could try going into "edit-town" and then evicting the duplicate sims. After you've done so, the duplicates will/should show up in a small window, on the top left of your screen. If you click on that window, there should be an option somewhere to delete those duplicates for good. After exiting edit-town, save the game, and that should do.

As for the causes of this, I'm actually unsure. In either case, things like that are minor bugs; and depending on how long you have been playing TS3 already, you will know that there are much worse things. Sometimes, there isn't even a solution for such minor bugs.

One possibility is that you actually have a copy of that family in your library, and the game then "spawns" these sims, without your knowing, but that's just a theory.

@wetblue13 wrote:did you save them to you library and, did you go to town and edit town then changed households and used the same family from the library and continued with them and forgot about the old one?

Yes, having them in the library could be one explanation; but you don't necessarily have to "switch" households for this to happen. I never switched households, but saved my sims in the library too. One day, I saw a duplicate of one of my sims, as a paparazzi, lol. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enric on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 05:46

When I create a Sim it's actually created in the library and after this a copy is placed in a house. Isn't it the typical system?

The family also remains in the library. Should I delete it after moving it? I like to use the same family in 2 or more worlds.

Is there a way to avoid these spawns without having to delete my families from the library after being created?

I already had the same problem in 2012 and then I evicted the Sims, but now I just cannot find where they live. It looks like they are not in the neighbourhood despite I can see my duplicate in the friends list.

Enric
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 21:27

@Enric wrote:When I create a Sim it's actually created in the library and after this a copy is placed in a house. Isn't it the typical system?

The family also remains in the library. Should I delete it after moving it? I like to use the same family in 2 or more worlds.

Is there a way to avoid these spawns without having to delete my families from the library after being created?

I already had the same problem in 2012 and then I evicted the Sims, but now I just cannot find where they live. It looks like they are not in the neighbourhood despite I can see my duplicate in the friends list.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't really help more with that...there may be mods that can help with that. One possibility that comes into my mind is described here:

https://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+FAQ#MasterController-What does Total Annihilation do ?

To be more specific, you need the NRAAS_MasterController (base) mod for that. Click on the duplicate sim, when you see him, and then choose NRAAS -> MasterController -> Sim -> Advanced -> Total Annihilation. That will/should completely delete the sim from your game. But about "preventing" this glitch, I can't really help with that; there may be mods for that too, but I can't really tell.

Again, although it might sound cynical, if you are seriously planning to "dive" into The Sims 3, you will have to learn to put up with these minor glitches, for which there is no (direct) solution. Sure, things like that are annoying, but as far as I am concerned, I have learned to get on with them.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enric on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 10:21

It's okay. I thought another system too. Testingcheatsenabled true, edit that sim and turn that into a totally different one.

The game is full of bugs and I agree that mine can sound irrelevant (though I have many others), but I thought that this bug could be repaired with some features that "freeze" the Sims from the Library (no translate, no interactions, no walk in the street, etc.)

Thanks for your help. I might try that mod, though I'm worried about getting problems with the mods and I normally avoid them.

Enric
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 13:59

@Enric wrote:It's okay. I thought another system too. Testingcheatsenabled true, edit that sim and turn that into a totally different one.

The game is full of bugs and I agree that mine can sound irrelevant (though I have many others), but I thought that this bug could be repaired with some features that "freeze" the Sims from the Library (no translate, no interactions, no walk in the street, etc.)

Thanks for your help. I might try that mod, though I'm worried about getting problems with the mods and I normally avoid them.

The mod I showed you is generally safe to use, but in the event that you really do something wrong, you simply apply a principle that should be common sense among gamers: Very Happy

A wise person wrote:If you ever screw up in-game, exit the game without saving !

Anything else you need help with then ? 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enric on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 21:43

My sim just graduated and came back his old world, yet he hasn't got a sixth trait... he doesn't even have the diploma in the inventory despite he's graduated in degree history.

Enric
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 02:08

@Enric wrote:My sim just graduated and came back his old world, yet he hasn't got a sixth trait... he doesn't even have the diploma in the inventory despite he's graduated in degree history.

I'm not sure about the diploma thing; but in order to get the seventh (not sixth) trait, you need to have the best possible grades in the study subject...then you will get to choose your 7th trait.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enric on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 05:40

uhm I have the best grades and yet five traits.

Enric
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 16:15

@Enric wrote:uhm I have the best grades and yet five traits.

...and did you save the game when returning home or after the graduation ? I've heard about such a possible glitch, and I can't really provide a 100% working solution I'm afraid. Some people recommend that you go to the "Annex" as early as possible, to get your diploma quickly. Also, you shouldn't make a graduation party.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm clueless... Facepalm 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enric on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 23:37

My last save file is already at home.

I don't even know if he actually went there inside. He went automatically to a building for graduating, but there were so many people next to the door that I'm not sure if he went inside (I think yes, but short time and I'm not sure).

Enric
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 03:36

@Enric wrote:My last save file is already at home.

I don't even know if he actually went there inside. He went automatically to a building for graduating, but there were so many people next to the door that I'm not sure if he went inside (I think yes, but short time and I'm not sure).

Sorry for the late reply,

I can't remember anymore when exactly you get the prompt to add the extra trait, but in the event that you didn't get a degree and you actually SAVED the game when getting home...well, needless to tell, this is the worst thing you can do. Wink  I would have tried exiting the game without saving, and then "re-playing" the last part of the university town again (i.e. getting the diploma). Then I would have paid attention to whether the sim gets the trait this time.

If you want to give it a try, use the NRAAS_DebugEnabler mod to "cheat" yourself a degree with good grades. Cick on the sim, then NRAAS -> Debug Enabler -> Options smartphone -> Academic degrees.

It's certainly a dirty workaround, but in your case, using it would be just fair. Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum