World Adventures help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures help!

Post by kalikitty52 on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 08:34

So I looked all over the forums and jank but i just need direct help. I got World Adventures and the instructions confused me. I managed to do step 3 but i couldn't do step 2 and I think thats what messed me up. I tried to do step 2 but i went into the 'regedit' thing and navigated to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and thats as far as i got because the /sims was not there. I would really appreciate help with this because this is the last expansion i need to get and ive been trying for hours. Thank you  Very Happy
kalikitty52
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures help!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 22:52

@kalikitty52 wrote:So I looked all over the forums and jank but i just need direct help. I got World Adventures and the instructions confused me. I managed to do step 3 but i couldn't do step 2 and I think thats what messed me up. I tried to do step 2 but i went into the 'regedit' thing and navigated to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and thats as far as i got because the /sims was not there. I would really appreciate help with this because this is the last expansion i need to get and ive been trying for hours. Thank you  Very Happy

Hello,

If you have a 64-bit Windows, the registry location is the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Sims.

In 32-bit Windows systems, it's HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims.

Hope this helps you, and let me know if you need more assistance !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJones123- on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:03

I am having similar problems with the World Adventures expansion. I followed the now revealed outdated instructions, in doing so I have permanently changed my official Sims 3 Base game when I followed Crack 2. Even after uninstalling and deleting previous files from the game, every time I redownload via origin the files are still there and the Sims 3 Launcher tells me that there's a fault. Can this be rectified? 

Thanks!

SarahJones123-
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 03:03

@SarahJones123- wrote:I am having similar problems with the World Adventures expansion. I followed the now revealed outdated instructions, in doing so I have permanently changed my official Sims 3 Base game when I followed Crack 2. Even after uninstalling and deleting previous files from the game, every time I redownload via origin the files are still there and the Sims 3 Launcher tells me that there's a fault. Can this be rectified? 

Thanks!

Hello,

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please update your game with the "manual patch" in step #2, then download at least one of the EPs mentioned in #1 of the instructions there. You cannot have "just" World Adventures installed, but you MUST also install at least one of the expansions from "Generations" onwards too.

After you've done that, re-apply the manual patch. At the end, you do steps #3 and #4 from that guide. As soon as that is done, start the game !

If that doesn't work for you, please open a new thread for your question(s). Smile  You should normally always open a new thread, instead of posting under someone else's topic.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum