Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by supanut2000 on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 14:37

Hi,
While recording video in The Sims 3 I had one problem. Immediately after I pressed the V key to start the recording, the sound suddenly stops working, until I pressed V again to stop the recording. But when I viewed the output, the sound works just fine.
How can I fix this problem? I remember this problem never occurred before.

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1268
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 21:54

@supanut2000 wrote:Hi,
While recording video in The Sims 3 I had one problem. Immediately after I pressed the V key to start the recording, the sound suddenly stops working, until I pressed V again to stop the recording. But when I viewed the output, the sound works just fine.
How can I fix this problem? I remember this problem never occurred before.

Hello,


You could try deleting the scriptCache.package file at first, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Also, are you familiar with the tool "GameBooster" ? It might be related (a bit) to your overall system performance too.

Next, does that happen ALL the time, so every time you start the game and record stuff ? If the output is OK, I maybe would take this just as a minor glitch...

Keep me posted !

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by supanut2000 on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 02:00

Carlos wrote:
@supanut2000 wrote:Hi,
While recording video in The Sims 3 I had one problem. Immediately after I pressed the V key to start the recording, the sound suddenly stops working, until I pressed V again to stop the recording. But when I viewed the output, the sound works just fine.
How can I fix this problem? I remember this problem never occurred before.

Hello,


You could try deleting the scriptCache.package file at first, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Also, are you familiar with the tool "GameBooster" ? It might be related (a bit) to your overall system performance too.

Next, does that happen ALL the time, so every time you start the game and record stuff ? If the output is OK, I maybe would take this just as a minor glitch...

Keep me posted !
Hello,
I've tried deleting ScriptCashe.package file, and that didn't work.
And yes, this happened every time I record something in the game, and as stated the output was fine.
I remember this issue not happening the last time I played it before reformatting my PC. I don't think system performance is an issue, because I've just reformatted my PC on last Friday.

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1268
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 00:52

@supanut2000 wrote:Hello,
I've tried deleting ScriptCashe.package file, and that didn't work.
And yes, this happened every time I record something in the game, and as stated the output was fine.
I remember this issue not happening the last time I played it before reformatting my PC. I don't think system performance is an issue, because I've just reformatted my PC on last Friday.


I'm actually unsure now about other reasosn...it could be related to your sound-card drivers (that were "reset" to default when you reformatted the PC). Look on Piratebay for "IOBIT Driver Booster", and install that program (I can't post direct links to Piratebay here). Using that program should be self-explanatory. make sure to update all the drivers on your computer, and then re-start the game to see if anything improved. 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by supanut2000 on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 01:55

Carlos wrote:
@supanut2000 wrote:Hello,
I've tried deleting ScriptCashe.package file, and that didn't work.
And yes, this happened every time I record something in the game, and as stated the output was fine.
I remember this issue not happening the last time I played it before reformatting my PC. I don't think system performance is an issue, because I've just reformatted my PC on last Friday.


I'm actually unsure now about other reasosn...it could be related to your sound-card drivers (that were "reset" to default when you reformatted the PC). Look on Piratebay for "IOBIT Driver Booster", and install that program (I can't post direct links to Piratebay here). Using that program should be self-explanatory. make sure to update all the drivers on your computer, and then re-start the game to see if anything improved. 
Thanks for the info.
Also...I remember the last time I recorded videos in Sims 3 was a year ago, and that's like before Movie Stuff and/or Into The Future was installed. Not sure if the problem has something to do with glitches in later versions of the game...

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1268
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 01:58

@supanut2000 wrote:Thanks for the info.
Also...I remember the last time I recorded videos in Sims 3 was a year ago, and that's like before Movie Stuff and/or Into The Future was installed. Not sure if the problem has something to do with glitches in later versions of the game...


Sure, no problem. It might even be related to the latest 1.67 base game patch, but I can't really tell for sure. If nothing works for you, I would - for now at least - take this as a (minor) glitch. As long as the output is OK, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

I may even test that myself, next time I get to play TS3, to see if the same occurs in my game...

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by supanut2000 on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 02:10

Carlos wrote:

Sure, no problem. It might even be related to the latest 1.67 base game patch, but I can't really tell for sure. If nothing works for you, I would - for now at least - take this as a (minor) glitch. As long as the output is OK, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

I may even test that myself, next time I get to play TS3, to see if the same occurs in my game...

I found the source of the problem! Turns out that I had put the quality settings to the uncompressed mode, and thus there's no sound while recording. I found this after doing a simple Google search on the issue. I have to put the settings to high, in order to have sound. Mystery solved



Mod edit: OK, good to hear that ! Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

supanut2000
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2/3, Pokemon games, Super Mario 64 DS
Male Posts : 18
Points : 1268
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02
Age : 20
Location : Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile http://www.supanut2000.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum