The sims 2 resolution error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 2 resolution error

Post by polina1233 on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 21:07

So.. i saw about origin giveaway the sims 2 ultimate collection, ive installed it and when i run the game have an resolution error. Its always run 800x600 when i go at options have no other set for resolution except 800x600 and no shadows. I searched for this issue and many have it , tried to fix it like this http://simonhampel.com/the-sims-2-resolution-problems-solved/ but still doesnt working to me. Pls help me to find a way ;/

Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 , TERA , League Of Legends , Aion
Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 2 resolution error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 21:34

@polina1233 wrote:So.. i saw about origin giveaway the sims 2 ultimate collection, ive installed it and when i run the game have an resolution error. Its always run 800x600 when i go at options have no other set for resolution except 800x600 and no shadows. I searched for this issue and many have it , tried to fix it like this http://simonhampel.com/the-sims-2-resolution-problems-solved/ but still doesnt working to me. Pls help me to find a way ;/

//MOVED

Hello,

Are you sure you edited that text file correctly ?

After you edited the changes in the "low"-section, did you actually SAVE the text file, after editing it ? When you do the changes and try to exit the file, you'll be asked whether you want to save the changes. You should choose "yes".

Also, I'm not suire if it's important, but can you right-click on the game in your origin client, and choose "update" ? There was a recent update released, which might fix some bugs...

Next, what about your graphics drivers ? Do you know how to update them ?

Keep me posted ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14768

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum