Store fixes + computer stupid = HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store fixes + computer stupid = HELP!

Post by loremaster3 on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 08:41

Hello all. I am having an issue with downloading items from The Exchange. Please excuse my feeble attempt at explaining this, I am pretty computer stupid and need computer stuff explained to me like I’m a 5 year old…..with pictures! Lol L

I had never attempted to download anything from The Exchange. I was looking around on the Sims3 forum here on G4TW and thought I would give it a go. I successfully downloaded two lots from The Exchange, then I came across the “Sims 3 “store Fixes”” on the G4TW page. I was one of the people that had the temp.package, so I decided to go ahead and correct it. I followed the instructions on the instructions page EXACTLY. When I completed this, I went back to The Exchange to download another lot, did as I did before (view page source, find the .sims3package line, downloaded it – only now I keep getting the message “Modern Sophistication.sims3pack: installation failed: please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again. Done!”

Now, as I stated before, I am computer stupid so I’m sure I messed up somewhere. I’m thinking maybe I put something in the wrong folder, or deleted something I shouldn’t have?

Perhaps I should have asked this before I did it, but regarding the instructions below the “Store Fixes” link, it says “Also, if you have a file called “StoreFix_DecrapFixes_TEMP.package”, remove it!” I was supposed to delete the decrap file….right? Because that’s what I did. I also deleted the other 2 or 3 files that where in there because I figured it would be replaced by the newer one I was about to install.

I know this got long, but I’m trying to give as much detail as possible. If I have left out any information that is needed to help rectify this issue, I apologize, but please just let me know what information is needed and I’ll give it my best shot!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Just a little extra information in case it's needed, I do have all the EP's from you guys...(thanks!), I just hadn't updated the store fixes from last year, so that is what I attempted this evening.
 Noob

Updated: 07/31/2014 @ 0321

I apologize for posting again so shortly after my first, but I thought that perhaps a few screen shots might be helpful.

I really do hope this print screen helps someone that can help me out. If anything more is needed, don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you very kindly.

Last edited by loremaster3 on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 09:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posting additional information with screen shots.)
loremaster3
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : LOTRO, Guild Wars 2, Sims 3
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store fixes + computer stupid = HELP!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 21:58

@loremaster3 wrote:Hello all. I am having an issue with downloading items from The Exchange. Please excuse my feeble attempt at explaining this, I am pretty computer stupid and need computer stuff explained to me like I’m a 5 year old…..with pictures! Lol L

I had never attempted to download anything from The Exchange. I was looking around on the Sims3 forum here on G4TW and thought I would give it a go. I successfully downloaded two lots from The Exchange, then I came across the “Sims 3 “store Fixes”” on the G4TW page. I was one of the people that had the temp.package, so I decided to go ahead and correct it. I followed the instructions on the instructions page EXACTLY. When I completed this, I went back to The Exchange to download another lot, did as I did before (view page source, find the .sims3package line, downloaded it – only now I keep getting the message “Modern Sophistication.sims3pack: installation failed: please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again. Done!”

Now, as I stated before, I am computer stupid so I’m sure I messed up somewhere. I’m thinking maybe I put something in the wrong folder, or deleted something I shouldn’t have?

Perhaps I should have asked this before I did it, but regarding the instructions below the “Store Fixes” link, it says “Also, if you have a file called “StoreFix_DecrapFixes_TEMP.package”, remove it!” I was supposed to delete the decrap file….right? Because that’s what I did. I also deleted the other 2 or 3 files that where in there because I figured it would be replaced by the newer one I was about to install.

I know this got long, but I’m trying to give as much detail as possible. If I have left out any information that is needed to help rectify this issue, I apologize, but please just let me know what information is needed and I’ll give it my best shot!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Just a little extra information in case it's needed, I do have all the EP's from you guys...(thanks!), I just hadn't updated the store fixes from last year, so that is what I attempted this evening.
 Noob

(...)

Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for using the "edit"-button on your post to add stuff ! Smile  Most people just keep double-posting, until the point I have to merge all the posts into one.  Facepalm 

As for your problems, I'll try to explain it as slowly and carefully as possible. What you describe though, are two different (and unrelated) sets of problems. Let's see:

1) The thing with the "Installation failed" in your launcher is a very common phenomenon with items/lots from the exchange. The only thing you can try is to "decrapify" the item. For this purpose, look here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t5933-how-to-decrapify-a-sims3pack-file-and-avoid-the-please-update-game-launcher-error

Download this tool in Lady ElDi's opening post. Apply the procedure described in the instructions, to the .sims3pack lot you wish to install. The other alternative is that you use "CC Magic" to install your .sims3packs. Look here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic

I would for now only recommend that you try to "decrapify" the item with the tool from Lady ElDi's post. If it doesn't work, you may or may not try CC Magic, but at this point you should also keep in mind that some items/lots simply "don't work"; in which case you should try other items/lots.

2) As for the store fixes, yes, delete the old file called "StoreFix_DecrapFixes_TEMP". After that, when you paste the new files, they will overwrite any other old files (since the filenames for all other files are the same). So yes, copy the new store fix files, and paste them into the correct locations - refer to the instructions in case of doubt. You really need to replace ALL of the old files.

These "store fixes" are unrelated to your other issue, because they fix IN-GAME problems with certain items from the official store. For example, common in-game issues are that sims get reset by the game whenever they try using certain items/objects. If you apply the store fixes, you will correct these problems.

That's all for now. If you have anything else to ask, or if you want me to elaborate more on certain things, please post back here. I'll try my best to go more into detail. But for now: good luck ! Smile  

//EDIT

There seems to be something wrong with the picture you uploaded ? But I don't think it's necessary to work with pictures, for now at least, anyway. Smile 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loremaster3 on Fri 01 Aug 2014, 20:29

Thank you for the response, Carlos!

With your help, the store fixes issue has been fixed! I am still having issues with The Exchange items after decrapifying them, but I have not gone on to the cc magic option as of yet. I ended up with a HUGE headache because I had stayed up so late the night before (the night of my first post) and was crazy busy the next day. I decided to tackle one issue at a time, so I will work on the CC downloads issue this weekend.

Thank you for coming to the rescue!

"Your only young once, so be bad, break the rules, get caught, and make it count!"
loremaster3
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : LOTRO, Guild Wars 2, Sims 3
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 01 Aug 2014, 23:08

@loremaster3 wrote:Thank you for the response, Carlos!

With your help, the store fixes issue has been fixed! I am still having issues with The Exchange items after decrapifying them, but I have not gone on to the cc magic option as of yet. I ended up with a HUGE headache because I had stayed up so late the night before (the night of my first post) and was crazy busy the next day. I decided to tackle one issue at a time, so I will work on the CC downloads issue this weekend.

Thank you for coming to the rescue!

You are welcome ! Smile  

The thing with CC Magic is a bit tricky, but the guide I linked to before is quite good. And indeed, back then, I used CC Magic to install a few lots from the Exchange. As of lately, I'm not using CC Magic anymore, since I swithced virtually all of my store content in The Sims 3, to .package files. The few .sims3packs I still use are mainly worlds that need to be installed with the launcher (there is no other way to install worlds).

Every now and then, I still download a few small things from the exchange like hair colors, but that's it. I don't download sims or lots from that Exchange (anymore). I'm now in the process actually, of building myself a big mansion for my sims, instead of using a house from the exchange. It does certainly require a lot of creativity and time to do that, but then you have built your OWN lot ! 

Take your time for the CC Magic and the other stuff, and if you need anything else, just post back here !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum