Store Fix / Doors and Saving

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store Fix / Doors and Saving

Post by amunhra on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 04:36

Good day everyone,

I'm looking to find an answer to a problem I have started encountering with the Store Fixes. I have uninstalled and started everything from scratch thinking at first that it might have been an installation problem, a CC problem or just a corrupt save problem.

The issue atm is that the game runs great without any store fix packages installed. On a Vanilla game (all EPs) I can build, create a sim and play perfectly fine. When I try to apply the store fix pacakges to work with my EA store content the game hangs during saves. Oddly enough, it only hangs AFTER I add a door to my lot. Any door, from any EP. 

It's the doors of doom o_o

I remove the store fix packages, reload the game and I can put in as many doors as I want.

Any idea what might be causing this issue?

amunhra
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Final Fantasy (series), Shadow Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, GTA (Series), The Sims (series), Skyrim, Starcraft, MMORPGs,
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store Fix / Doors and Saving

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 21:03

@amunhra wrote:Good day everyone,

I'm looking to find an answer to a problem I have started encountering with the Store Fixes. I have uninstalled and started everything from scratch thinking at first that it might have been an installation problem, a CC problem or just a corrupt save problem.

The issue atm is that the game runs great without any store fix packages installed. On a Vanilla game (all EPs) I can build, create a sim and play perfectly fine. When I try to apply the store fix pacakges to work with my EA store content the game hangs during saves. Oddly enough, it only hangs AFTER I add a door to my lot. Any door, from any EP. 

It's the doors of doom o_o

I remove the store fix packages, reload the game and I can put in as many doors as I want.

Any idea what might be causing this issue?

Hello,

I honestly can't really tell what might be wrong in your case (and with those few others, who reported the same or similar issues). The first thing to note is that I have tried it myself, and did various things in build-mode. Placed new walls, windows, doors (even several different ones). I did that not only on my lot, but also in "edit-town" mode, where I edited some community lots. I also tried placing various "buydebug"-items, since some of the others reported that too, after having used items from the buydebug menu,

And I never got any kind of "infinite loop". My suspicion for now is that there is something else going on, which can either be...

1) An issue about DEP and/or insufficient RAM memory. Please check this thread here, and do ALL my suggestions:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working#118442

2) Conflicting/incompatible mods & CC. If that is the case, please remove everything (except the store fixes, for now), and then delete the cache files (see my previous link).

3) People playing for too long in one session. Even if your computer is high-end, you should actually EXIT the game after about an hour of real-time gameplay. Wait a little while before re-starting the game, to "relieve" the RAM.

4) People playing for too long in one and the same neighborhood. Solution: save your sims to the library (in "edit-town"), and make a new save in a new town. Put your sims from the library into that new save.

5) Corrupted sims/neighborhoods. Similar to the previous one, but you may start over with completely new sims too, and not just putting your old sims into a new town.

6) Anti-virus program issues: please completely de-activate ALL "anti-malware/anti-virus" programs before playing the game.

7) People screwing up otherwise -> which, as cynical as it sounds, I actually consider the most likely of all those possibilities (lol). Either people mixed old and new store fixes, or didn't apply the files correctly. Or mixed store fixes from different sources, etc., etc., etc. Solution ? It's a good idea to take some rest, because if you keep trying and nothing seems to work, you're only wasting time. Then, remove ALL store fix files again. And after that, re-read the instructions inside the latest G4TW store fixes.

Once the latest G4TW store fixes are applied correctly, delete the
scriptCache.package file, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Then try the game again.

I can only wish you good luck at this point, but that's all I can come up with, for now at least. I may look more deeper into this, if I find the time...

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amunhra on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 18:55

I'm still doing tests. I ran across some problems with the magician box and the philosopher's stone as well so I'm looking into that too.

Edit: With the Philosopher's Stone, my sims would freeze up, not turn to gold and needed to be reset (I was trying to kill him >.>) With the fixes removed, the stone works great when turning the sim into gold. (no issues with making ingots with or w/o fixes).
With the magician's box my sims would reset when trying to use it. With the fixes removed it worked fine.

Question: I originally got my Sims 3 and the following EPs from different sources (WA, Ambitions, LN, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons) and the last 3 EPs I got from Games4theworld. Would that be causing an issue?

amunhra
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Final Fantasy (series), Shadow Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, GTA (Series), The Sims (series), Skyrim, Starcraft, MMORPGs,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 01:50

@amunhra wrote:I'm still doing tests. I ran across some problems with the magician box and the philosopher's stone as well so I'm looking into that too.

Edit: With the Philosopher's Stone, my sims would freeze up, not turn to gold and needed to be reset (I was trying to kill him >.>) With the fixes removed, the stone works great when turning the sim into gold. (no issues with making ingots with or w/o fixes).
With the magician's box my sims would reset when trying to use it. With the fixes removed it worked fine.

Question: I originally got my Sims 3 and the following EPs from different sources (WA, Ambitions, LN, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons) and the last 3 EPs I got from Games4theworld. Would that be causing an issue?

From your answer I assume that nothing what I suggested before worked ? So do you actually have any other mods ? 

And no, the fact that you got some games elsewhere most likely is not relevant. As I said, the mysterious thing is that I do not encounter any issues with the store fixes at all; but I need to try the magician's box and Philosopher's stone too, next time I get to play. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amunhra on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 03:43

ok, here's my testing so far.

Clean install, manually patch to 1.67 and then applied Ultimate Fix as per instructions in "How to install the Sims 3 correctly". No CC, No store content.

1a) DEP applied to all files that would allow application. Sims3launcherW.exe would not allow DEP to be turned on. I had the same message for a few of the launcher.exes while going through all the expansions, but I would say 95% of the files have their DEP turned on.

1b) I have 12 Gigs of RAM... but installed the 4gb patch for **** and giggles. I can run Skyrim fully modded and it runs like the wind.

2) Removed ALL CC and Store content. Moved the Sims 3 file out of EA and let the game recreate a folder. Moved ccmerged to DCBackup and the fixes/xml to Overides for test 1. New game, loading moonlight falls, pre-made family Martinez, bought unfurnished EA house, added door.

Test 1 result: ET: 15 mins, save hang after adding a door.

Test 2, removed fixes/xml, left in ccmerged. deleted scriptCache. Martinez Fam in Moonlight falls. Added a door.

Test 2 result: Save successful

3) Playing for too long does not seem to be an issue seeing as I have managed to save fine after more than an hour of play as long as I did not add any doors to my lot. Also, buying from buy mode, adding walls and fences and I think windows does not seem to be a problem, just the door o' doom. I have also checked my RAM after long play and it doesn't even hit 2gb even with the 4gb patch.

4) New Save, new game, new town, new family, still hangs on doors as per Test 1.

5) New Save, new game, new town, new family, still hangs on doors as per Test 1.

6) I only run AVG Free. I diabled the AVG, added the fixes/xml. Deleted scriptCache. Test 3. Save hang.

Sad I am at a loss.

amunhra
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 03:56

@amunhra wrote:ok, here's my testing so far.

Clean install, manually patch to 1.67 and then applied Ultimate Fix as per instructions in "How to install the Sims 3 correctly". No CC, No store content.

1a) DEP applied to all files that would allow application. Sims3launcherW.exe would not allow DEP to be turned on. I had the same message for a few of the launcher.exes while going through all the expansions, but I would say 95% of the files have their DEP turned on.

1b) I have 12 Gigs of RAM... but installed the 4gb patch for **** and giggles. I can run Skyrim fully modded and it runs like the wind.

2) Removed ALL CC and Store content. Moved the Sims 3 file out of EA and let the game recreate a folder. Moved ccmerged to DCBackup and the fixes/xml to Overides for test 1. New game, loading moonlight falls, pre-made family Martinez, bought unfurnished EA house, added door.

Test 1 result: ET: 15 mins, save hang after adding a door.

Test 2, removed fixes/xml, left in ccmerged. deleted scriptCache. Martinez Fam in Moonlight falls. Added a door.

Test 2 result: Save successful

3) Playing for too long does not seem to be an issue seeing as I have managed to save fine after more than an hour of play as long as I did not add any doors to my lot. Also, buying from buy mode, adding walls and fences and I think windows does not seem to be a problem, just the door o' doom. I have also checked my RAM after long play and it doesn't even hit 2gb even with the 4gb patch.

4) New Save, new game, new town, new family, still hangs on doors as per Test 1.

5) New Save, new game, new town, new family, still hangs on doors as per Test 1.

6) I only run AVG Free. I diabled the AVG, added the fixes/xml. Deleted scriptCache. Test 3. Save hang.

Sad I am at a loss.

My computer is much weaker than yours, yet still I don't have that issue. Feel free to remove these store fixes then, but I can't really tell what might be wrong in your case (and those few others with similar issues). If you don't intend to use store content, then you shouldn't need the store fixes anyway.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amunhra on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 04:14

I did intend to use store content, sadly. My main store content was the Swiftgrow Station and the Sunflower. I can't live without it! haha.

I extracted the Swiftgrow fixes from the packes using s3pe and created a package file. I applied it to my overrides. The swiftgrow megaphone/magnifying glass and sun all work. I added a door and save successful Huzzah!

I guess I'll have to live without the rest then *sad face* Thank you for your help. Your patience was much appreciated. I will check back every now and then if you guys find the need to update the fixes and then I'll try again!

amunhra
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobkip on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 20:27

I have the exact same problem.
I was wondering, Carlos is your base game a cracked version?
Because mine is bought, and I was wondering if maybe this version is the only one with problems concerning the fixes...

is it possible?

Bobkip
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 09:17

@amunhra wrote:I did intend to use store content, sadly. My main store content was the Swiftgrow Station and the Sunflower. I can't live without it! haha.

I extracted the Swiftgrow fixes from the packes using s3pe and created a package file. I applied it to my overrides. The swiftgrow megaphone/magnifying glass and sun all work. I added a door and save successful Huzzah!

I guess I'll have to live without the rest then *sad face* Thank you for your help. Your patience was much appreciated. I will check back every now and then if you guys find the need to update the fixes and then I'll try again!

@Bobkip wrote:I have the exact same problem.
I was wondering, Carlos is your base game a cracked version?
Because mine is bought, and I was wondering if maybe this version is the only one with problems concerning the fixes...

is it possible?

Hello all,

You might want to check out this other thread here, for a preliminary assessment on that issue (feel free to answer the poll and/or post your feedback there too):

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17462-possible-issues-with-store-fixes

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum