Sims 2 UC installer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 UC installer?

Post by pokemaniac15 on Sun 03 Aug 2014, 01:52

I just finished downloading The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, now, I was wondering if there is a way to store or to back-up the installer (if there is one) that has been downloaded, so that I can avoid downloading it again. Cause it took me days on downloading it. Even gave my pc no rest. lol.

Thank you so much. And If ever I posted my dilemma on the wrong thread, please do move it.  Smile

pokemaniac15
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 UC installer?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 03 Aug 2014, 07:25

@pokemaniac15 wrote:I just finished downloading The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, now, I was wondering if there is a way to store or to back-up the installer (if there is one) that has been downloaded, so that I can avoid downloading it again. Cause it took me days on downloading it. Even gave my pc no rest. lol.

Thank you so much. And If ever I posted my dilemma on the wrong thread, please do move it.  Smile

//MOVED

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your slow internet, but Origin doesn't work that way. You can't "back up the installer", like in a pirated game. So, for example, if you format your computer, or want to play on a different computer, then you always need to re-download the game.

Theoretically, you could backup your whole registry, and the game installation folders, but that may be not enough. There could be "hidden" folders from that game. I'm not going into details now, since I'm unsure myself about it.

So yes, the only realistic option I can tell you is that you need to re-download the game, when necessary.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum