Infinite saving glitch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite saving glitch.

Post by Axor on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 19:25

I've searched the forums and seen many people have this issue, I can save perfectly fine until I go into build mode and build anything, that's when the save loop happens.
Saving or Saving as makes no difference, they both do it.
I've done a clean install and patching following the install guide on these forums and saving works fine until I install the store fixes.
I'm 99.9% sure I'm installing the store fixes correctly according to the installation guide, I place the .package files and the XML in the package folder, and the ccmerged.package into DCBackup as well.

I understand a lot of people are having this problem, but more are not.
which means I must be doing something wrong, but I can't for the life of me see what that is.
Any help towards solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Axor
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1231
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite saving glitch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 02:03

@Axor wrote:I've searched the forums and seen many people have this issue, I can save perfectly fine until I go into build mode and build anything, that's when the save loop happens.
Saving or Saving as makes no difference, they both do it.
I've done a clean install and patching following the install guide on these forums and saving works fine until I install the store fixes.
I'm 99.9% sure I'm installing the store fixes correctly according to the installation guide, I place the .package files and the XML in the package folder, and the ccmerged.package into DCBackup as well.

I understand a lot of people are having this problem, but more are not.
which means I must be doing something wrong, but I can't for the life of me see what that is.
Any help towards solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,


The best thing I can suggest for now is this post here, by me:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17432-store-fix-doors-and-saving#119543



I will try and look into that problem, but as for me, I do NOT have any issues with saving at all, after using buy-mode/build-mode/edit-town/buydebug or whatever. What I find slightly strange is that people seem to be able to pinpoint it exactly to the store fixes - I'm unsure yet if that's something to be worried about, lol. 

Good luck though !


P.S. if you also have any other mods, besides these store fixes, try removing those mods.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite saving glitch.

Post by Axor on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 12:43

I've looked at that post before I started my thread, I've searched the entire forum and read every thread and post and none of it really applies. I'll answer your points from that post here.

1) An issue about DEP and/or insufficient RAM memory.

DEP is turned off completely, and I have 8gb RAM and a 64bit OS.

2) Conflicting/incompatible mods & CC.

It's a clean install, fully patched with no other mods or CC.

3) People playing for too long in one session.

It happens in the first minute of playing, as soon as I build something and try to save.


4) People playing for too long in one and the same neighborhood.

It's a fresh family in a fresh Twinbrook.

5) Corrupted sims/neighborhoods.

Same as above, family is freshly made with no CC and in a fresh Twinbrook.

6) Anti-virus program issues.

I don't use any Anti-virus programs. #YOLO


7) People screwing up otherwise.

I've listed what I do with the store fixes, which is exactly according to the installation guide, I've tried the sims3pack way, the .package way, and both ways at the same time, none works.




As you can see none of the points apply to the issue, something is wrong with the store fixes that only seems to happen to a handful of people, which makes the problem extremely difficult to pinpoint.

Axor
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1231
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite saving glitch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 12:55

@Axor wrote:I've looked at that post before I started my thread, I've searched the entire forum and read every thread and post and none of it really applies. I'll answer your points from that post here.

1) An issue about DEP and/or insufficient RAM memory.

DEP is turned off completely, and I have 8gb RAM and a 64bit OS.

2) Conflicting/incompatible mods & CC.

It's a clean install, fully patched with no other mods or CC.

3) People playing for too long in one session.

It happens in the first minute of playing, as soon as I build something and try to save.


4) People playing for too long in one and the same neighborhood.

It's a fresh family in a fresh Twinbrook.

5) Corrupted sims/neighborhoods.

Same as above, family is freshly made with no CC and in a fresh Twinbrook.

6) Anti-virus program issues.

I don't use any Anti-virus programs. #YOLO


7) People screwing up otherwise.

I've listed what I do with the store fixes, which is exactly according to the installation guide, I've tried the sims3pack way, the .package way, and both ways at the same time, none works.




As you can see none of the points apply to the issue, something is wrong with the store fixes that only seems to happen to a handful of people, which makes the problem extremely difficult to pinpoint.


OK, then. I guess the best solution for you is to remove the fixes, for now at least, and play without them - I'm sorry for that. But again, something which makes this even more mysterious, I literally NEVER get any "infinite saving loop", no matter what I do and how I save the game. And yes, there were a couple of people reporting the same or similar issues. I yet have to see how widespread this issue is, and as "unhelpful" as it sounds: as long as this only happens to a few people, I will prioritize other things for now...(I really don't have that much time anymore).

In contrast, if that should turn out as something epidemic, then we'll see. In either case, do check out this section here every now and then, for possible updates:


http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/f34-latest-games4theworld-downloads-news-updates



You shouldn't expect an update on that too soon, I'm afraid. I really can't explain now why this is happening with some people.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite saving glitch.

Post by Axor on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 13:00

Yeah I've been playing without the store fixes for now and everything works fine, obviously a lot of the store content is bugged without it (EA #1 buggy content creator) but I'll manage.

Thanks for the help anyway, I'll keep an eye on any future updates to the store fixes and hope it'll be resolved someday.

Axor
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1231
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite saving glitch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 09:16

@Axor wrote:Yeah I've been playing without the store fixes for now and everything works fine, obviously a lot of the store content is bugged without it (EA #1 buggy content creator) but I'll manage.

Thanks for the help anyway, I'll keep an eye on any future updates to the store fixes and hope it'll be resolved someday.

Hello again,


You might want to check out this other thread here, for a preliminary assessment on that issue (feel free to answer the poll and/or post your feedback there too):

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17462-possible-issues-with-store-fixes

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite saving glitch.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum