Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you encounter issues with "saving", when using store fix files ?

92% 92% 
[ 11 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 12

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 09:03

The endless saving loop issue has been fixed in the latest version of the Store Fixes. More information: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17553-the-sims-3-store-fixes-updated-download-link

Hello all,







Are you using the latest "store fixes" from G4TW ?

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17313-the-sims-3-store-fixes-updated-download-link



There seem to be unexpected issues with the files, at least for some people. After some requests, I decided to look into that, as far as time allowed. After some back-and-forth, I "finally" managed to reproduce the glitch with the endless saving loop, that some of you were talking about.

That endless saving loop seems to occur when you enter buy-mode/build-mode and do things like placing doors/windows, or even placing items from "buydebug". 


At first, I didn't get that loop because I was playing in my standard username folder "The Sims 3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts), with all my old saves, a couple of mods, and virtually ALL store content (in .package file format, except the neighborhoods of course, which are .sims3pack files).

I then decided to start a fresh folder, with no saves, no mods/CC/store content. I only put in the store fix files, and nothing else. I started a fresh savegame, and promptly tried the build-mode/buy-mode. After placing windows, doors and some buydebug items, I went back to "live mode" and tried saving - and that is the first time I got the endless saving loop.

I figured out pretty quickly that there had to be something in my OLD (!) username folder, that prevented this loop, and which I have to "add" to the store fixes in my "fresh" folder, in order to avoid the glitch.


So after some trying, I managed to "somewhat" narrow it down: a possible explanation is that you need to have one or more of the store items installed, that were released between June 2009 and May 2014 (i.e. the store updates no. #1 to #60).

Because if I put those updates into my Mods/Packages folder, the game saved flawlessly again, no matter what I did in buy-mode/build-mode. Note that I already removed the store updates #61 and #62 (World of Wonder & Brunch at the Old Mill). And I did not have any of the store neighborhoods installed.

With some more testing (lol), I might be able to pinpoint the potential cause at least a little bit more precisely, which in turn can help me or someone else "clean up" the store fix files.

So again, in my case, I have put the Sims 3 store updates #1 to #60 into my fresh "The Sims 3"-folder, and the saving seems to be working fine. If I were to give an assessment, in order to avoid this glitch, you need to have one (or more ?!) of these store updates installed. But of course, this is just a very preliminary assessment, which might not be valid for all of you.... and this is where you guys/girls come in. Very Happy



Feel free to answer the poll, and give direct feedback in this thread here. In particular, please focus on the two questions:


1) Are you experiencing problems with the latest store fixes ?
2) If yes, WHAT store items do you have (or haven't) installed ? Do you have ALL store content or just a few ? Or none at all ?



Any feedback is welcome, but for now, if you are indeed having issues, I can only give you the following temporary tips:


1) If you do NOT intend to use store items (any time soon), then please remove ALL store fix files again. And delete the scriptCache.package, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.




2) You might want to try installing literally ALL store content, like I did, and especially the aforementioned updates from #1 to #60 (June 2009 to May 2014). And then try saving. 


If none of that is working for you, then I'm really out of explanations now. You should NOT expect "updated" store fixes too soon though, since this testing alone is going to take quite a lot of time.  

I hope this can clear up things a little bit. Good luck to all of you - and thanks in advance for any feedback !


//EDIT

Mac users are welcome to post their feedback here in this thread too !  Very Happy 


Last edited by Carlos on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 19:54; edited 7 times in total

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Bobkip on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 13:35

1) Yes,
2) I have:
African inspired
Carousel set
FarmLife
FrightfulHair
Homecoming
May2011Set
MegaMagic
MidCenturyDining
MillSet
PrismArtStudio
UltraLoungeCompleteSet

(Also Barnacle bay, Hidden Springs, Midnight Hollow, monte vista and sunlit tides but I believe these were not of importance?)

And I still have the problem so it's not these that solve it Smile
Oh and they're all ".sims3pack"-files, just so you know Smile


UPDATE
I have now also installed:
CarnivaleSet
EP9REGSet

JazzAgeFullSet
MedWedSet
MovieTheaterSet
OlympianPhysiqueSet
ScifiKitchenSet
and SimsStoreUpdate26July2011 (updates 1-26)


didn't help the loop still occurs
On the bright side, ttis narrows it down a bit Smile


Last edited by Bobkip on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 14:10; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Bobkip
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Female Posts : 3
Points : 861
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-05
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 16:41

@Bobkip wrote:1) Yes,
2) I have:
African inspired
Carousel set
FarmLife
FrightfulHair
Homecoming
May2011Set
MegaMagic
MidCenturyDining
MillSet
PrismArtStudio
UltraLoungeCompleteSet

(Also Barnacle bay, Hidden Springs, Midnight Hollow, monte vista and sunlit tides but I believe these were not of importance?)

And I still have the problem so it's not these that solve it Smile
Oh and they're all ".sims3pack"-files, just so you know Smile


UPDATE
I have now also installed:
CarnivaleSet
EP9REGSet

JazzAgeFullSet
MedWedSet
MovieTheaterSet
OlympianPhysiqueSet
ScifiKitchenSet
and SimsStoreUpdate26July2011 (updates 1-26)


didn't help the loop still occurs
On the bright side, ttis narrows it down a bit Smile


OK, thanks for that ! But I think we should be focussing specifically on the "premium content" items, for which store fixes are needed, and not (necessarily ?) on all store items.

In my case, I "only" have to sort out 5 big .package files (merged store content), to approximately "locate" the problem; that would bring us a bit closer to the solution, but even then, more testing will be needed to narrow it further down, and so on...

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Bobkip on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 00:03

Carlos wrote:OK, thanks for that ! But I think we should be focussing specifically on the "premium content" items, for which store fixes are needed, and not (necessarily ?) on all store items.

In my case, I "only" have to sort out 5 big .package files (merged store content), to approximately "locate" the problem; that would bring us a bit closer to the solution, but even then, more testing will be needed to narrow it further down, and so on...

Okay, but I don't really know what exactly you mean by that
I'm quite new to the sims and am just starting to figure out all the possibilities and items available,
also not really familiar with all the term yet
But I'm going to assume you mean items with which one can interact?
As in "prism art studio" or "titanic toy machine"?

Correct?

I do apologize for my ignorance...

Bobkip
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Female Posts : 3
Points : 861
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-05
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 01:41

@Bobkip wrote:
Okay, but I don't really know what exactly you mean by that
I'm quite new to the sims and am just starting to figure out all the possibilities and items available,
also not really familiar with all the term yet
But I'm going to assume you mean items with which one can interact?
As in "prism art studio" or "titanic toy machine"?

Correct?

I do apologize for my ignorance...


Well, you already answered the question, and that's OK. Smile  As I said, some of the store items cause "problems" if you don't use store fixes. And these are the items I will be focussing on. 

It's alright, I'll be seeing to that, next time I get to it.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by onepoint on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 07:20

I also get unlimited loading loop after editing a lot in edit town mode. 
Though when i remove Storefixes_decrapfixes everything works fine from there, So the problem must be from that file. also i cant make grandma's canning station work, I use .sims3pack by the way.
I try to click on the item , but my sim does nothing. Is it fine if i run the game with your store fix along with other store fixes? Like KTs store fix perhaps or Sims StoreFix 11.coz it helped me got the canning station work.

onepoint
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 857
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Gmr_Girl on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 08:54

1. Yes. I was having problems with the latest fixes from here. Removed them temporarily. Instead using fixes by notouching at MATY.

2.  All my store sets are in a single merged package file for each set. Only my Premium Content are Sims3Packs. My PC content includes: Classic Gumball Machine, Savvy Seller's Collection, Titanic Toy Machine, Auto-Noms Pet Feeding Station, Steam It Up Sauna, Sharper Sims Super Sleeper, Hit 'em Harder Blackjack Table, Let It Ride Roulette Table, Deadman's Hand Poker Table, It's Not Gross Public Shower Station, Baby Swing, Business Time Oven, Infinite Zen Massage Table, Toddler Walker, Headstart Playpen, Barrier to Entry System and Ticket Machine, Large as Life Movie Screen, Atomic Jack Pinball Machine, Wishing Well, Deep Fryer, Frost Bite Ice Cream Machine, Sani-Sim Toilet, Dirty No More Changing Station, Multitab 6000, Keep Me Clean Outdoor Shower, Surf's Up Wave Station, Vertical Challenge Rock Wall, Slot Machine, Rim Rockin' Basketball Hoop and the Buzzer Beater Free Throw Machine

Gmr_Girl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13
Points : 885
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Felai on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 14:59

Carlos wrote:
Feel free to answer the poll, and give direct feedback in this thread here. In particular, please focus on the two questions:

1) Are you experiencing problems with the latest store fixes ?
2) If yes, WHAT store items do you have (or haven't) installed ? Do you have ALL store content or just a few ? Or none at all ?


Hi Carlos!

I'm done voting Wink 

For the Feedback:
1. Yes, particularly in saving. I only experience this after installing the latest store content and fixes. I can play and all items I installed from downloads are good. I can build house, decorate and have fun until saving time. It was taking forever to save, I mean, I wasn't even able to save cause I have to "end process" the game cause if I wait for it to save I don't know when will it stop. Facepalm 

2. I installed all available store items in your new download site. (greedy? maybe, but I want it all! lol Very Happy ) And I also have store content 1 to 26 from your old download site. Those new files that has the same name file from my old file (1 to 26) I just "copy and replace" it. 

For now I am still testing so i'll update this if I see something new.

Store Update 1 to 26 (Up to July) - http WhatDidUJustCallMe?/www .games4theworld. org/downloads. html (download it from this site, put some space so i can post it)

Store Updates from this site - http WhatDidUJustCallMe?/www .games4theworlddownloads. org/
January 2010
September 2010
October 2010

January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011

January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012

January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013

January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014


Felai
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (1, 2, 3)
Female Posts : 13
Points : 882
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-08-05
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by AmandaMae on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:05

I am having the same issues but it also ends up in a processing loop when my sim got married and I was trying to add people to the household. 

I have almost everything from the store. I removed the fix completely, but have not tested it yet. I was planning on just adding an older fix or something until things can be sorted out. 

Thank you for all that you do, because I know I could not do it!

AmandaMae
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Favourite games : The Sims 3! (only thing I play anymore)
Female Posts : 28
Points : 954
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-06-09
Age : 35
Location : DFW Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Gmr_Girl on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 21:36

^ This! I speak for all of us when I say thank you for all that you do to actually help players with their problems instead of just saying something dumb like "search MOAR!"  Smile

Gmr_Girl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13
Points : 885
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 02:53

Hello all,


First of all, thank you very much for all the feedback and trying to contribute to this problem ! Smile  I've done some further testing, unfortunately with some conflicting results...but here's this:

Can anyone of you, who is having that issue with the "infinite saving", try using an updated/modifed Resource.cfg ? Get it from this link, and use the Resource.cfg there. Put it into your Mods folder, and replace the old one !

http://chii.modthesims.info/FrameworkSetup.zip


Even if you think your file is up-to-date, try it still. In my fresh "The Sims 3" folder, with no mods/CC/store content, I put in all the store fix files, into the DCBackup (ccmerged.package !), Mods/Packages and Mods/Overrides folders. And I used that Resource.cfg from the link above. After editing a lot, the saving worked for me again...good luck !

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Felai on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 10:05

Hiya Carlos!

I did what you suggested. This is what I did:


- Remove my current "Mods" folder and replace it with the 'Mods' folder you gave
- In your 'Mods' folder the only file there is:
        ~Mods
          - Overrides
          - Packages
               *NoBuildSparkles.package
               *NoIntro.package
          - Resource.cfg
- Copy and Paste the following in Overrides and Packages folder:
        ~ccmerged
        ~StoreFix_DecrapFixes
        ~StoreFix_Fixes
        ~XMLs

- Launch Sims 3. Build a wall, put a door and 2 windows. Then Save.
- Waited for about 3-5mins to save and again I was stuck in this "infinite save".

- After waiting, I alt+tab the game and go to 'Mods' folder and try to erase the following (the game is still on and was still saving):
        ~ccmerged
        ~StoreFix_DecrapFixes
        ~StoreFix_Fixes
        ~XMLs

- I did erase all except the StoreFix_DecrapFixes because a message popped that it was currently used by TS3.exe.
- Next I "end process" the game. Erase the StoreFix_DecrapFixes and only paste the following in Overrides and Packages Folder:
        ~ccmerged
        ~StoreFix_Fixes
        ~XMLs
- Launch Sims 3. Build a wall, put a door and 2 windows. Then Save.
- Alas! Without a minute I could save the game.

I think that file (StoreFix_DecrapFixes) is the cause of my infinite save. I will also try to run some test like putting back the mods I removed (Overwatch, MasterController, etc). Anyways I'll try to update my post if I see something new again.  Wink 

So here is my questions:
Is that StoreFix_DecrapFixes important in store updates?
Is it okay to remove that? 
and what Items in store updates are affected if that file is removed?



Felai
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (1, 2, 3)
Female Posts : 13
Points : 882
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-08-05
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 10:59

@Felai wrote:Hiya Carlos!

I did what you suggested. This is what I did:


- Remove my current "Mods" folder and replace it with the 'Mods' folder you gave
- In your 'Mods' folder the only file there is:
        ~Mods
          - Overrides
          - Packages
               *NoBuildSparkles.package
               *NoIntro.package
          - Resource.cfg
- Copy and Paste the following in Overrides and Packages folder:
        ~ccmerged
        ~StoreFix_DecrapFixes
        ~StoreFix_Fixes
        ~XMLs

- Launch Sims 3. Build a wall, put a door and 2 windows. Then Save.
- Waited for about 3-5mins to save and again I was stuck in this "infinite save".

- After waiting, I alt+tab the game and go to 'Mods' folder and try to erase the following (the game is still on and was still saving):
        ~ccmerged
        ~StoreFix_DecrapFixes
        ~StoreFix_Fixes
        ~XMLs

- I did erase all except the StoreFix_DecrapFixes because a message popped that it was currently used by TS3.exe.
- Next I "end process" the game. Erase the StoreFix_DecrapFixes and only paste the following in Overrides and Packages Folder:
        ~ccmerged
        ~StoreFix_Fixes
        ~XMLs
- Launch Sims 3. Build a wall, put a door and 2 windows. Then Save.
- Alas! Without a minute I could save the game.

I think that file (StoreFix_DecrapFixes) is the cause of my infinite save. I will also try to run some test like putting back the mods I removed (Overwatch, MasterController, etc). Anyways I'll try to update my post if I see something new again.  Wink 

So here is my questions:
Is that StoreFix_DecrapFixes important in store updates?
Is it okay to remove that? 
and what Items in store updates are affected if that file is removed?




Hello again,


That's not good, but try this (which is what I did). Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts, and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Simply change that folder's name. Then start the "launcher" in The Sims 3, but don't start the game yet ! Just start the launcher.

Once the launcher is open, exit it again. Go back to My Documents/Electronic Arts and you'll see that a fresh "The Sims 3" folder was created. In that fresh folder, put back the "Mods"-folder from my link in the other post. And install the store fixes, according to the included instructions ! Then start the game and build something. Save the game and see if it works.

That may look very pedantic, but what you did before was not exactly the same as what I did, and we should rule out any other possible sources of error. Smile  So do it exactly the way I just described, and then let's see. And yes, the StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package is actually one of the most important files in that fix, along with the ccmerged.package. 


Thanks so far for your time and feedback ! Very Happy

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by GRAVEDIGGA33 on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 12:06

Ok I did what you suggested in the article posted aboved.Started a fresh game and replace the store fixes.Added some store contents from 2013-2014.Had some issues again with the looping durning saving so I removed the
StoreFix_DecrapFixes and replace the Resource.cfg in the mods folder.Restarted my game with all my store content and mods with no prob with saving,for now.

GRAVEDIGGA33
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Posts : 25
Points : 981
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Felai on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 13:09

Carlos wrote:
@Felai wrote:Hiya Carlos!



Hello again,


That's not good, but try this (which is what I did). Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts, and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Simply change that folder's name. Then start the "launcher" in The Sims 3, but don't start the game yet ! Just start the launcher.

Once the launcher is open, exit it again. Go back to My Documents/Electronic Arts and you'll see that a fresh "The Sims 3" folder was created. In that fresh folder, put back the "Mods"-folder from my link in the other post. And install the store fixes, according to the included instructions ! Then start the game and build something. Save the game and see if it works.

That may look very pedantic, but what you did before was not exactly the same as what I did, and we should rule out any other possible sources of error. Smile  So do it exactly the way I just described, and then let's see. And yes, the StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package is actually one of the most important files in that fix, along with the ccmerged.package. 


Thanks so far for your time and feedback ! Very Happy

Hi Carlos!

That decrapFixes, I think I see the importance of that file Rolling Eyes . Other items from store updates got problems when I played without that file Facepalm . Like that sunflower that gives off sunlight, instead of sunlight it gives off white big boxes lol  Laughing  Facepalm and when you hover your mouse in that boxes it says missing resources ### and the cow, it has interaction but whenever I tried interacting with it, my sims won't move and when I cancel the action it just put an X mark. The tree of prosperity has no fruit and more problems with other items. Facepalm 

Back to the original problem.. Razz 

Followed everything above. (see if I did something wrong)
- Rename my Sims 3 to "Sims Orig"
- Open Launcher and got my fresh "Sims 3" folder
- Paste the Mod folder from your link in the fresh "Sims 3" folder
- Follow the instruction in Store Fixes
- Open the game. Build a wall, put a door and 2 windows. Save.
Unfortunately Sad I am still stuck in that "infinite saving".

If you still have suggestions I could do please tell me. I really want this issue to be fix. Thanks for patiently helping us with this problem Carlos Very Happy 


Felai
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (1, 2, 3)
Female Posts : 13
Points : 882
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-08-05
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 18:10

@onepoint wrote:I also get unlimited loading loop after editing a lot in edit town mode. 
Though when i remove Storefixes_decrapfixes everything works fine from there, So the problem must be from that file. also i cant make grandma's canning station work, I use .sims3pack by the way.
I try to click on the item , but my sim does nothing. Is it fine if i run the game with your store fix along with other store fixes? Like KTs store fix perhaps or Sims StoreFix 11.coz it helped me got the canning station work.

Hello,


You may try "mixing" store fix files, but I can't really tell you (in advance) whether that's going to work. In any case, apart from the saving issue, for those people who CAN save (like me, at least in certain circumstances), the canning station definitely works - you really need to apply the store fix files correctly.

Yes, I also have the decrap-fixes file too, and all premium store items work.

@Felai wrote:
Hi Carlos!

That decrapFixes, I think I see the importance of that file Rolling Eyes . Other items from store updates got problems when I played without that file Facepalm . Like that sunflower that gives off sunlight, instead of sunlight it gives off white big boxes lol  Laughing  Facepalm and when you hover your mouse in that boxes it says missing resources ### and the cow, it has interaction but whenever I tried interacting with it, my sims won't move and when I cancel the action it just put an X mark. The tree of prosperity has no fruit and more problems with other items. Facepalm 

Back to the original problem.. Razz 

Followed everything above. (see if I did something wrong)
- Rename my Sims 3 to "Sims Orig"
- Open Launcher and got my fresh "Sims 3" folder
- Paste the Mod folder from your link in the fresh "Sims 3" folder
- Follow the instruction in Store Fixes
- Open the game. Build a wall, put a door and 2 windows. Save.
Unfortunately Sad I am still stuck in that "infinite saving".

If you still have suggestions I could do please tell me. I really want this issue to be fix. Thanks for patiently helping us with this problem Carlos Very Happy 


Hello again,


So...after some more testing, I'm back at square one. Sad  I can get the store fixes working, if I use them in my (old) savegame, with ALL store content (until July 2014) in .package file format, and the neighborhoods in .sims3pack format. In that savegame, I can do whatever I want, and I never get that infinite loop. Sad   Facepalm 

This is highly frustrating...and I'm afraid it's going to take some time, until there's progress, lol. I've really never seen a trickier problem on this forum here, than the current one. But then...ONE user seems to have voted with "no" ?! Who was that ?  Suspect   Very Happy  

So it MUST be possible, to get the current store fixes working, somehow; at least not all people seem to encounter that infinite loop...

Thank you so much again for your enthusiasm and interest Felai. Smile  

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Felai on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 18:30

Carlos wrote:
@onepoint wrote:I also get unlimited loading loop after editing a lot in edit town mode. 
Hello,

@Felai wrote:
Hi Carlos!

Hello again,

So...after some more testing, I'm back at square one. Sad  I can get the store fixes working, if I use them in my (old) savegame, with ALL store content (until July 2014) in .package file format, and the neighborhoods in .sims3pack format. In that savegame, I can do whatever I want, and I never get that infinite loop. Sad   Facepalm 

This is highly frustrating...and I'm afraid it's going to take some time, until there's progress, lol. I've really never seen a trickier problem on this forum here, than the current one. But then...ONE user seems to have voted with "no" ?! Who was that ?  Suspect   Very Happy  

So it MUST be possible, to get the current store fixes working, somehow; at least not all people seem to encounter that infinite loop...

Thank you so much again for your enthusiasm and interest Felai. Smile  

Hello Carlos Wink
About that "Red Highlight" above What he said. , could you give me links where I could download store contents in .package file format? 
You said that you have no problems in that format and upon looking my store content files I noticed that they are all in .sims3pack file format. I want to check if I could save if I have the .package file instead of .sims3pack file. Idea (or someone tried that already? anyways I want to see for myself Razz ) Thanks!



Edit:
I realized that I tried testing it in a "fresh Sims 3 folder" meaning it doesn't have any installed store content but still doesn't work  Facepalm  Facepalm  Facepalm  Facepalm  Facepalm  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed 
Anyways, I think I'll play with my old store content, 1 to 26, for now until you guys have announce or update with the store fixes since I don't have any ideas how it works. Still, if you have any ideas or want to try out something, I'll gladly volunteer to test it out  Wink . And about the links for .package file format, I still want download it if you have links of it but if it add more works on you then never mind it then  Razz 


Felai
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (1, 2, 3)
Female Posts : 13
Points : 882
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-08-05
Age : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by onepoint on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 20:20

Carlos wrote:
@onepoint wrote:I also get unlimited loading loop after editing a lot in edit town mode. 
Though when i remove Storefixes_decrapfixes everything works fine from there, So the problem must be from that file. also i cant make grandma's canning station work, I use .sims3pack by the way.
I try to click on the item , but my sim does nothing. Is it fine if i run the game with your store fix along with other store fixes? Like KTs store fix perhaps or Sims StoreFix 11.coz it helped me got the canning station work.

Hello,


You may try "mixing" store fix files, but I can't really tell you (in advance) whether that's going to work. In any case, apart from the saving issue, for those people who CAN save (like me, at least in certain circumstances), the canning station definitely works - you really need to apply the store fix files correctly.

Yes, I also have the decrap-fixes file too, and all premium store items work.
Soo, i redid the store fix instructions today to test the canning station with StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package in. 
Placed "ccmerged.package", "StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package", "StoreFix_Fixes.package" and 
"XMLs.package" in:Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\
I DID get the canning station to working, ALTHOUGH, when buying the canning station and the bakers station, and other items like doors,etc. the icons are Blank, I mean they have no picture / preview while buying. But i can place the item in the house, 
And I still have the infinite saving problem. xD
So i guess StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package really is an important file to let some store items work, but deleting it will solve the infinite saving. xD
Good Luck in fixing the store fix Very Happy

by the way, i only use .sims3pack, do i also need to put the store fix files in overrides?

onepoint
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 857
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by messijessi on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 20:59

I'm glad i'm not alone in this! - I've recently created a new sim and found I had the infamous saving loop everyone is having whether I was in build mode or not, although I was able to save just fine with my previous saved households Question  I have pretty much most premium content installed. I've installed a KT store Fix alteast for now I'm not much help but you've got my vote I hope it wont be too much of a hassle to fix Wat.

messijessi
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 856
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Primordial on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 21:47

I've been throwing tantrums about this issue for days, and came across this thread just now.
So, I actually found out a few minutes ago that upon placing/installing the StoreFix_DecrapFixes file in the mods folder also make a 450 simoleon door appear in build mode. No preview thumbnail, no info, not selectable nor placable, but it's still there. Are there any others who have this door, and could it be the reason why there's this problem with the fix?

Primordial
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 1
Points : 855
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Gmr_Girl on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 21:58

If I may, I'd like to offer some help for the people having problems getting their Premium Content to work. Please go here:

Sims 3 Store Fixes

My suggestion is to use the fixes on the site listed above at least until Carlos can figure out a way to solve the current issue with the fixes here. Above all, please read the directions for the fixes carefully.  Wink 

I hope I was able to help!

EDIT: Primordial, I had a similar issue with the fixes at this site (the games4theworld one, not the site listed in the link above) with a 145 simoleon window (from the Mother Russia set by the looks of it) that also had a blank thumbnail. However, it was able to be placed, albeit weirdly, as once placed, the wall it was on would disappear - then would cause the infinite loop in my game.

Gmr_Girl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13
Points : 885
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by miruna98 on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 22:15

Is there the posibility to replace the store fixes with a previous version until this one is 100% sure? Very Happy I couldn't find a link for a previous version.. the last one before the actual one to appear. (sry for my bad english) Can you help me? Smile

_________________
Mad - Crying or Very sad - Sad - Facepalm - Smile - Surprised - Very Happy - Cool

miruna98
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3 and 4 / Minecraft.
Female Posts : 64
Points : 1377
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2013-06-25
Age : 18
Location : Ocna Mures - Romania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by xjessyx on Sun 10 Aug 2014, 00:38

Vote: Yes

Feedback:

I had gotten the loop while trying to save my lot after using buydebug. So, as someone here said they did as well, I took out the Decrapped Fix and tried it again. This time I was able to save. So I do believe that there is something in that particular .package causing it, but I'm far from a modder. That's just my speculation.

_________________



xjessyx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims 2&3, DCUO, red dead redemption/undead nightmare, Donkey Kong Country 1&2 (snes), Saints Row 1&2, The Lion King (snes)
Female Posts : 140
Points : 2188
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 10 Aug 2014, 06:46

Hello again all,


I attempted to "clean up" and recompile the files, especially the Decrap_fixes one. Can all of you, for now, remove ALL store fix files, from whatever source you got them ? This is just to make sure to avoid any possible conflicts, between files from different sources. Smile  

Next, try these "temporary" fixes:

http://goo.gl/ikuzQn


And follow the included instructions, Basically, these temporary files are almost the same as the current G4TW files, with the exception that the "Decrap_fixes" file was re-compiled and "cleaned up" a bit...after you applied the files, delete the scriptCache.package file, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Then re-start the game !

While I didn't get the opportunity to playtest it much yet, I didn't seem to get an infinite saving loop in buy-mode, and I only had the Old Mill, Prism Art Studio, Indulgent Bakery and World of Wonder set installed. But try the build-mode yourself now, and see if you notice any changes...good luck for now, and keep us posted ! Smile  And thank you for your patience and interest !


Again, this is only an experimental fix !


 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by GRAVEDIGGA33 on Sun 10 Aug 2014, 07:04

ok,about too give a try.Let you know how the game takes it

//EDIT

Ok,I made a fresh game and delet all the store fix files in my doc folder.And then I place most of all of the folders from my old one back in the fresh folder.Now the game is saving with no problems.But one question? I dont have pets,katy perry,supernatural,70,80,90 stuff,university,movie stuff and into the future installed.Will the Premium Content like having content from into the future.I saw a pair of white boots and make up from into the future.Other then that everything else was fine with that new store fix

GRAVEDIGGA33
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Posts : 25
Points : 981
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum