Corrupt files when installing World(s)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corrupt files when installing World(s)

Post by ayra_21 on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 09:39

Alright.So, I installed Dragon Valley,Hidden Springs and Midnight Hollow from your site about 2-3 weeks ago and everything worked perfectly fine. However, I installed some other cc(from TSR and so on) and when I entered my game, it crashed.

I downloaded Delphy's Dashboard and found several cc that conflict with the game. I deleted all those and in fact, deleted all of my cc.
The I renamed my EA folder, because I noticed that there were bugs still after deleting all of my cc. The I installed the worlds from above once again and when I entered the game, there were two of each worlds in the menu(two Hidden Springs etc.).
So I checked with Delphy's Dash and found out these newly installed files are conflicting with my game. I uninstalled them, deleted all of the cc that came with them, deleted the files in DCCache, cleaned the cache files and deleted the Worlds from my Downloads.(When I uninstalled  them there were no Worlds in the menu.)
I re-downloaded and re-installed only Dragon Valley(to check) and surely all of the stuff that came with it was conflicting with my game.

I'm not sure if I posted in the right section, as I'm not sure what the root of the problem really is.

I really hope you can help me because I'm seriously beyond annoyed right now.

ayra_21
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 1312
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrupt files when installing World(s)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 13:27

@ayra_21 wrote:Alright.So, I installed Dragon Valley,Hidden Springs and Midnight Hollow from your site about 2-3 weeks ago and everything worked perfectly fine. However, I installed some other cc(from TSR and so on) and when I entered my game, it crashed.

I downloaded Delphy's Dashboard and found several cc that conflict with the game. I deleted all those and in fact, deleted all of my cc.
The I renamed my EA folder, because I noticed that there were bugs still after deleting all of my cc. The I installed the worlds from above once again and when I entered the game, there were two of each worlds in the menu(two Hidden Springs etc.).
So I checked with Delphy's Dash and found out these newly installed files are conflicting with my game. I uninstalled them, deleted all of the cc that came with them, deleted the files in DCCache, cleaned the cache files and deleted the Worlds from my Downloads.(When I uninstalled  them there were no Worlds in the menu.)
I re-downloaded and re-installed only Dragon Valley(to check) and surely all of the stuff that came with it was conflicting with my game.

I'm not sure if I posted in the right section, as I'm not sure what the root of the problem really is.

I really hope you can help me because I'm seriously beyond annoyed right now.

Hello,


If you say you only installed these 3 worlds, then it is not possible that they "conflict with each other". I strongly think that there wasn't anything wrong with your game, when you made that fresh "The Sims 3"-folder. The reason you got these "double worlds" was most likely because you had the shop mode enabled in the options (you can untick the box "enable shop mode", in the options menu).

So yes...and did you actually try to PLAY in these worlds, at one point or anotehr ? Smile  Just because things look a bit unusual in the start menu it doesn't mean something is wrong. So install those worlds again and try to PLAY in them.

Next, forget about that Delphy's dashboard thing, since it's highly unreliable. 

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 14989
Points : 19926
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrupt files when installing World(s)

Post by ayra_21 on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 14:10

Carlos wrote:
@ayra_21 wrote:Alright.So, I installed Dragon Valley,Hidden Springs and Midnight Hollow from your site about 2-3 weeks ago and everything worked perfectly fine. However, I installed some other cc(from TSR and so on) and when I entered my game, it crashed.

I downloaded Delphy's Dashboard and found several cc that conflict with the game. I deleted all those and in fact, deleted all of my cc.
The I renamed my EA folder, because I noticed that there were bugs still after deleting all of my cc. The I installed the worlds from above once again and when I entered the game, there were two of each worlds in the menu(two Hidden Springs etc.).
So I checked with Delphy's Dash and found out these newly installed files are conflicting with my game. I uninstalled them, deleted all of the cc that came with them, deleted the files in DCCache, cleaned the cache files and deleted the Worlds from my Downloads.(When I uninstalled  them there were no Worlds in the menu.)
I re-downloaded and re-installed only Dragon Valley(to check) and surely all of the stuff that came with it was conflicting with my game.

I'm not sure if I posted in the right section, as I'm not sure what the root of the problem really is.

I really hope you can help me because I'm seriously beyond annoyed right now.

Hello,


If you say you only installed these 3 worlds, then it is not possible that they "conflict with each other". I strongly think that there wasn't anything wrong with your game, when you made that fresh "The Sims 3"-folder. The reason you got these "double worlds" was most likely because you had the shop mode enabled in the options (you can untick the box "enable shop mode", in the options menu).

So yes...and did you actually try to PLAY in these worlds, at one point or anotehr ? Smile  Just because things look a bit unusual in the start menu it doesn't mean something is wrong. So install those worlds again and try to PLAY in them.

Next, forget about that Delphy's dashboard thing, since it's highly unreliable. 
I would have known if it was the shop mode because it would have the golden coin next to it, which it didn't. Yes, I did and the game crashed after about 20 mins of playing.

ayra_21
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 1312
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrupt files when installing World(s)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 14:17

@ayra_21 wrote:I would have known if it was the shop mode because it would have the golden coin next to it, which it didn't. Yes, I did and the game crashed after about 20 mins of playing.


OK, then. If youn feel that you have messed up something, an easy method is that you simply rename the folder "The Sims 3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts), into anything you like. Just change that folder's name. Then start the Sims 3 launcher, but don't start the game yet. 

Now you'll see that a "fresh" The Sims 3-folder was created in that location. Re-install these worlds there, and there shouldn't be any issue now. As for your crashing issue, that is something different. Please check this post here, for possible solutions on crashes:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working#118442



Good luck !

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 14989
Points : 19926
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrupt files when installing World(s)

Post by ayra_21 on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 19:08

Carlos wrote:

OK, then. If youn feel that you have messed up something, an easy method is that you simply rename the folder "The Sims 3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts), into anything you like. Just change that folder's name. Then start the Sims 3 launcher, but don't start the game yet. 

Now you'll see that a "fresh" The Sims 3-folder was created in that location. Re-install these worlds there, and there shouldn't be any issue now. As for your crashing issue, that is something different. Please check this post here, for possible solutions on crashes:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working#118442



Good luck !
Thanks Carlos, I'll try those.

ayra_21
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 1312
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrupt files when installing World(s)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 16:35

@ayra_21 wrote:Thanks Carlos, I'll try those.


Take your time... Smile 

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 14989
Points : 19926
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrupt files when installing World(s)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum