Sims 3 Expansions Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Expansions Problem

Post by 2fast5me on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 10:42

Hello,

I have a problem with the Sims 3 Expansions. I have the steam version of Sims 3 (Latest update: 1.67) and no expansions. My OS is Windows 8.1

The problem is that the installers for all the expansions that were provided at the downloads section of the Games4TheWorld give an error message saying, "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

I tried to install the Manual Patch like what the Ultimate Fix said but to no avail.

Please help me, thanks.
-2fast5me

2fast5me
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, TF2, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 3, CoD Franchise, DayZ, Garry's Mod, PAYDAY 2, Terraria, Portal 2, Portal, L4D2, Minecraft, Warframe, TWAU, Rust, Psychonauts
Male Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Expansions Problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 13:44

2fast5me wrote:Hello,

I have a problem with the Sims 3 Expansions. I have the steam version of Sims 3 (Latest update: 1.67) and no expansions. My OS is Windows 8.1

The problem is that the installers for all the expansions that were provided at the downloads section of the Games4TheWorld give an error message saying, "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product."

I tried to install the Manual Patch like what the Ultimate Fix said but to no avail.

Please help me, thanks.
-2fast5me

Hello,

You cannot use the expansions from G4TW, along with the base game from Steam. Smile  So if you don't want to buy the expansions from Steam, un-install that Steam base game for now, and then re-boot the computer.

Then get your base game from G4TW too, here at this site:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14440

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum