Sims 3 expansion installation help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 expansion installation help

Post by ghostyy on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 07:26

Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I did read the guide, but I know almost nothing about torrents, installing games, etc. So it's very confusing to me.

I have the Sims 3 base on origin already. I downloaded all the EPs and opened them with winrar. I first tried to install the Loft Stuff pack, but the launcher repeatedly froze..updated flash, it worked again and I updated the launcher, so I thought it was installed. Then I tried to install another EP but it says it is the Loft stuff pack.

Additionally, once loft stuff seemed to be installed, if I tried to install another EP, it would instead just uninstall Loft Stuff. I have no idea why it's doing this but I probably installed wrong and messed the whole thing up? Now no matter what EP installer I click on, it says it will install Loft stuff.

I'm a bit confused about installing. I looked at the guide included, but the instructions here say we don't need the crack. So what parts to we follow and ignore in the guides? Do I follow all the instructions about editing things in the registry and copying files?

ghostyy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 expansion installation help

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 16:34

@ghostyy wrote:Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I did read the guide, but I know almost nothing about torrents, installing games, etc. So it's very confusing to me.

I have the Sims 3 base on origin already. I downloaded all the EPs and opened them with winrar. I first tried to install the Loft Stuff pack, but the launcher repeatedly froze..updated flash, it worked again and I updated the launcher, so I thought it was installed. Then I tried to install another EP but it says it is the Loft stuff pack.

Additionally, once loft stuff seemed to be installed, if I tried to install another EP, it would instead just uninstall Loft Stuff. I have no idea why it's doing this but I probably installed wrong and messed the whole thing up? Now no matter what EP installer I click on, it says it will install Loft stuff.

I'm a bit confused about installing. I looked at the guide included, but the instructions here say we don't need the crack. So what parts to we follow and ignore in the guides? Do I follow all the instructions about editing things in the registry and copying files?

Hello,

The only thing you need inside the expansions are the serial numbers (to be found in the "Installation guide.txt", of every expansion). Everything else (patches, cracks) is OUTDATED.

I hope the Loft Stuff Pack installation didn't get screwed up, but let's see. Can you at first do step #2 of this guide here ?

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Download and apply that "manual patch". After the update is done, try installing other EPs. See if that works. But if not, we'll have to see how we can un-install your stuff, in a clean way.

Good luck, and do post back !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum