Sims 4 Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Question

Post by Summerbear5 on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 04:17

I hope I'm posting in the right section, if not I apologize. I didn't see a specific Sims 4 category. 

I read the post about as soon as The Sims 4 is released G4TW was going to try to get it to us as soon as possible. I'm wondering though if there is going to be problems trying to get the Sims 4 like is it going to be like SimCity (recent one) to where it's partially online or you have to be online to play or whatnot. Is that going to interfere with things? I'm kinda a noob when it comes to stuff like this so I'm just asking out of curiosity. 
Are they still saying The Sims 4 is going to have online features? Will these be available if we get the game threw G4TW? If I log into my origin account and I don't register the game are they going to know somehow that I'm playing an unregistered game?

Sorry for being a noob lol, just curious.

Summer

Summerbear5
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims
Female Posts : 67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Question

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 04:27

@Summerbear5 wrote:I hope I'm posting in the right section, if not I apologize. I didn't see a specific Sims 4 category. 

I read the post about as soon as The Sims 4 is released G4TW was going to try to get it to us as soon as possible. I'm wondering though if there is going to be problems trying to get the Sims 4 like is it going to be like SimCity (recent one) to where it's partially online or you have to be online to play or whatnot. Is that going to interfere with things? I'm kinda a noob when it comes to stuff like this so I'm just asking out of curiosity. 
Are they still saying The Sims 4 is going to have online features? Will these be available if we get the game threw G4TW? If I log into my origin account and I don't register the game are they going to know somehow that I'm playing an unregistered game?

Sorry for being a noob lol, just curious.

Summer

//MOVED

Hello,

According to EA, there won't be a permanent internet connection necessary. Besides, a cracked gamed probably wouldn't need things like that at all - so neither an internet connection during play nor even Origin.

And EA has no way way of knowing what pirated games you are playing. Very Happy  So if you really got a pirated The Sims 4-copy, it shouldn't affect your other Origin games (if you have any).

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12307

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerbear5 on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 04:41

Thank you for moving my topic, so sorry it was in the wrong place. I didn't know.

Even though you don't need an internet connection to play, what if you wanted the online features? Would being online be possible on pirated or does it even matter?

What exactly are the online features anyway besides connecting to the gallery?

Summerbear5
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 04:49

@Summerbear5 wrote:Thank you for moving my topic, so sorry it was in the wrong place. I didn't know.

Even though you don't need an internet connection to play, what if you wanted the online features? Would being online be possible on pirated or does it even matter?

What exactly are the online features anyway besides connecting to the gallery?

I actually don't really know much more beyond the fact that there will be this "gallery". It seems to be mainly a single-player game. Of course, it may be possible that sometime in the future there will be fully-realized online features, but that's just my speculation...

In any case, you generally can't "crack" online games/features so easily. So if you want online features, you will probably need to buy the game, but again: all of this is just theory - nobody really knows at this point what exactly is coming up.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerbear5 on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 04:56

Ya my plans are anyways that I am just going to be 'trying' before 'buying' type thing. I was seriously disappointed with TS3 and never purchased anything beyond the base game and pets (only because pets was at goodwill like 2 months ago)

I sure hope the gallery works pirated. I have The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo and I know I have to be connected to origin in order to even launch the game and it shows my username on the gallery automatically I didn't have to log in.

Summerbear5
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 05:17

@Summerbear5 wrote:Ya my plans are anyways that I am just going to be 'trying' before 'buying' type thing. I was seriously disappointed with TS3 and never purchased anything beyond the base game and pets (only because pets was at goodwill like 2 months ago)

I sure hope the gallery works pirated. I have The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo and I know I have to be connected to origin in order to even launch the game and it shows my username on the gallery automatically I didn't have to log in.

It would be logical (and according to current "trends" in the videogame world) to somehow implement full-online features, where your sim can play/interact with other sims over the internet. Personally, I would be surprised if EA didn't at least try to do that, maybe at a later point. 

But then: such a feature should be implemented in a stable framework - there's no point in a buggy online mode or bad servers. And this is my main concern with a potential online mode: that it just doesn't work right, technically, although the idea is good.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodiesonMusic on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:36

@Summerbear5 wrote:I sure hope the gallery works pirated.

Wellll... admittedly, I got my hands on a pirated version of the demo a day or two before it came out (I know, I know, my impatience is appalling) and I was able to get into the gallery without any scary messages popping up warning me that I was playing an unofficial release of the demo. Mind you I only stayed logged in for a minute or two to be safe. I think my biggest concern in that situation would have been trying to upload a Sim to the gallery --as there's no way to do so anonymously-- and they very well could've been like: 'Hey! We never invited you to the demo, how'd you get it?!' In the full game I suppose something like that would be less detectable.

Keep in mind that they don't care about the demo being pirated half as much as they care about the actual full version being pirated. Connecting anything that you haven't gotten genuinely to the internet is always kinda risky, but then again there's a whole conspiracy about origin being spyware and I haven't heard any scary tales yet.

Make of this what you will. Wink

MelodiesonMusic
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 20:36

//MOVED

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!

Shamrock
RETIRED Moderator
Guarding the Forum
RETIRED ModeratorGuarding the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3179

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentality on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 01:03

Quite possibly The Sims 4 will have online features in a later expansion as The Sims 3 did with Showtime, but I highly doubt the base game will. You know how EA is. They want to give us just enough to get us hooked and then start asking for more money with each expansion and content. We will be starting back at the bottom of the ladder and will have to work our way back up.

Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum