SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by Ashapee on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 23:24

Okay so my game has been crashing on me within 30 minutes of gameplay. I thought I installed a bad mod so I deleted it, well that didn't help it kept crashing. I decided to do the ultimate fix again. Now when I try to play I get a security warning that says, "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" 
Name :electronicarts/thesims3/game/bing/ts3w.exe   
Publish: Unknown Publisher
Type: Application
From c:/program files (x86)/electronicarts/the sims... blah blah blah you know where its at.

I don't really know what to do, I must have reallyyy **** something up..  Help

Ashapee
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 12
Points : 1144
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 09:21

@Ashapee wrote:Okay so my game has been crashing on me within 30 minutes of gameplay. I thought I installed a bad mod so I deleted it, well that didn't help it kept crashing. I decided to do the ultimate fix again. Now when I try to play I get a security warning that says, "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" 
Name :electronicarts/thesims3/game/bing/ts3w.exe   
Publish: Unknown Publisher
Type: Application
From c:/program files (x86)/electronicarts/the sims... blah blah blah you know where its at.

I don't really know what to do, I must have reallyyy **** something up..  Help


Hello and sorry for the late reply,


As for the crashing issue, check out this thread here and read my suggestions there:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t17401-sims-3-has-stopped-working


As for the ohter issue with the "publisher cannot be verified", this message can be ignored; just click on "OK" to start the game. Smile  Good luck !

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by Ashapee on Wed 13 Aug 2014, 11:56

Thanks for the reply!!

My game is crashing while loading a family now, I can't even make it long enough to play Sad

Ashapee
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 12
Points : 1144
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 23 Aug 2014, 15:18

@Ashapee wrote:Thanks for the reply!!

My game is crashing while loading a family now, I can't even make it long enough to play Sad


Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't have much time, lately. Can you also try a fresh savegame, with a new family ?

And did you really do ALL the suggestions I posted in the other link, before ?

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274
Points : 16199
Reputation : 1697
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by Ashapee on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:42

Sorry for the super late reply.. I got so fed up and frustrated with it crashing that I just stopped trying to fix it, but I really wanna fix it so.. I did try the DEP thing and that didn't work. Sometimes it crashes even before I get to pick a family. I have enough space and all that jazz.. I get the publisher could not be verified error and a script error before i even hit start in the launcher. I don't really know what to do now...

Ashapee
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 12
Points : 1144
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by Ashapee on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:49

could it maybe have something to do with the store content? I have all of it but i just went to create a new game and all the neighborhoods from the store that i had gotten are gone..

Ashapee
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 12
Points : 1144
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by SeoY on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 11:20

@Ashapee wrote:Sorry for the super late reply.. I got so fed up and frustrated with it crashing that I just stopped trying to fix it, but I really wanna fix it so.. I did try the DEP thing and that didn't work. Sometimes it crashes even before I get to pick a family. I have enough space and all that jazz.. I get the publisher could not be verified error and a script error before i even hit start in the launcher. I don't really know what to do now...

@Ashapee wrote:could it maybe have something to do with the store content? I have all of it but i just went to create a new game and all the neighborhoods from the store that i had gotten are gone..

Hi there! Smile

One recommendation: please don't double post. You can edit the first of these posts to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Sorry, it's against the forum rules. Wink

Regarding the publisher and script errors, don't worry about them. Neither affect the game at all. With the first you can check "Never ask me again for this file" (or something of the sort) and it won't appear again. And in the script error you can just choose Yes or No, it doesn't matter.

Have you tried starting the game with a new The Sims 3 folder? Just go to Documents\Electronic Arts and backup the 'The Sims 3' folder by renaming it or copying it somewhere else, and then delete it. Then, start the game again (a new The Sims 3 folder will be generated) and check if it works properly.

Please, let us know how it goes. If this fixes your issue, the problem may be with something inside the folder and we can try to help you locate it. Good luck!

_________________
"Why do you ask 'what?', when the delicious question is 'when?'. The only difference between past and present... is semantics.
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die."
- Lutece.



"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Moderator
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714
Points : 3357
Reputation : 296
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 20
Location : Dunwall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by Ashapee on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 23:51

Oops, sorry for double posting, I wasn't even thinking about editing the first post. I removed the sims 3 file and that worked.. so now can i put my saved game back and start transferring my cc over?

Ashapee
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 12
Points : 1144
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOMETHING BAD IS GOING ON WITH MY GAME...

Post by SeoY on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 23:58

@Ashapee wrote:Oops, sorry for double posting, I wasn't even thinking about editing the first post. I removed the sims 3 file and that worked.. so now can i put my saved game back and start transferring my cc over?

Don't worry!

Yes, you can try transferring the saves and CC to the new folder to check if they work. If not, let us know. Good luck!

_________________
"Why do you ask 'what?', when the delicious question is 'when?'. The only difference between past and present... is semantics.
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die."
- Lutece.



"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Moderator
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714
Points : 3357
Reputation : 296
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 20
Location : Dunwall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum