How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by lisa000 on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 12:10

I have downloaded the SimCity 4 Deluxe (from your website), but I don't know how to install it. In the installation guide it is written that I have to mount two ISO files and I don't know how to do it. I have the PowerISO, but I don't know how to use it or do I even need it for this. I have sent an email (it is titled Mounting Guide) asking for the Mounting Guide,  you mentioned in the installation guide for the SimCity,on your Games4theworld@hotmail.com address, but I wasn't sure do you still check it so I decided to write this topic. Thank you!  Surprised 


(There is a lot I don't know how to here. Sad )

EDIT 1: Oh, I have found the Mounting Guide, but now there is another problem. I installed the Daemon Tools Lite but the icon didn't appear in the notification area. I don 't know what to do.
EDIT 2: Okay I solved the icon problem. But now I have another one. While I am installing the Disk 1 on about 50% a pop up appears telling me to insert the Disk 2. What do I do?
EDIT 3: So I have solved that problem too. But I got another one. Yay. When I want to replace the existing file with the crack it says there is no more space for me to install something. It doesn't ask me to replace it. I've got absolutely no clue what to do. Help please.  Help
avatar
lisa000
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 20
Points : 1160
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 16:19

@lisa000 wrote:I have downloaded the SimCity 4 Deluxe (from your website), but I don't know how to install it. In the installation guide it is written that I have to mount two ISO files and I don't know how to do it. I have the PowerISO, but I don't know how to use it or do I even need it for this. I have sent an email (it is titled Mounting Guide) asking for the Mounting Guide,  you mentioned in the installation guide for the SimCity,on your Games4theworld@hotmail.com address, but I wasn't sure do you still check it so I decided to write this topic. Thank you!  Surprised 


(There is a lot I don't know how to here. Sad )

EDIT 1: Oh, I have found the Mounting Guide, but now there is another problem. I installed the Daemon Tools Lite but the icon didn't appear in the notification area. I don 't know what to do.
EDIT 2: Okay I solved the icon problem. But now I have another one. While I am installing the Disk 1 on about 50% a pop up appears telling me to insert the Disk 2. What do I do?
EDIT 3: So I have solved that problem too. But I got another one. Yay. When I want to replace the existing file with the crack it says there is no more space for me to install something. It doesn't ask me to replace it. I've got absolutely no clue what to do. Help please.  Help


//MOVED


Hello,


Are you sure you are copying the file inside the folder #crack ? The Simcity 4.exe ? The folder #crack should be inside the sc4d_a.iso. You can extract the folder from the .ISO by simply dragging it out somewhere. Copy that file then.

You then need to paste the file into the following location: C:\Program files(x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps. There, overwrite the original file, and then start the game - from said file.

Should that not be possible for some reason, can you re-boot the computer (again ?), and try pasting the file once more ? Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101
Points : 18709
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by lisa000 on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 16:31

I am sure. I try copy the Simcity 4.exe file inside the #crack folder. But when I try to paste it where I should it says not enough space. I tried to paste it directly into the existing file, and when I click on that appears only the picture of the bridge. I guess I should try it again. Oh and the only #crack folder that I found was placed in the rar file. There isn't one inside the sc4d_a.iso.

EDIT 1: I searched a bit through the other problems and it looks like this problem is not so rare. I even tested "can you run it" on the http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ website and I got minimum and recommended, so that's not the problem obviously. I really don't know what is it.

EDIT 2: I am seriously going to kill myself. -.- I reboot the computer and do everything again. This time it worked. I did manage to START replacing the file in the Apps folder, but I didn't manage to finish. A pop up appeared telling me that the Apps folder is already open somewhere and somehow and that the replacing/copying is not able to continue. The Apps folder is not open anywhere. At least anywhere visible. Oh and it's 5:19 PM here now here by me and it says that the open Apps folder is opened at 1:01 PM. Like what? O.o
avatar
lisa000
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 20
Points : 1160
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:21

@lisa000 wrote:I am sure. I try copy the Simcity 4.exe file inside the #crack folder. But when I try to paste it where I should it says not enough space. I tried to paste it directly into the existing file, and when I click on that appears only the picture of the bridge. I guess I should try it again. Oh and the only #crack folder that I found was placed in the rar file. There isn't one inside the sc4d_a.iso.

EDIT: I searched a bit through the other problems and it looks like this problem is not so rare. I even tested "can you run it" on the http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ website and I got minimum and recommended, so that's not the problem obviously. I really don't know what is it.


Are you familiar with "TeamViewer" ? Smile  Please read up on the information here, under "Live Screen Service":

http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html



I would like to see to that myself, if you agree on that TeamViewer thing. 
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101
Points : 18709
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by lisa000 on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:25

I do. The admin already did that. I agree. Very Happy

EDIT: The admin did that for another problem of mine. Just to be clear. haha
avatar
lisa000
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 20
Points : 1160
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:28

@lisa000 wrote:I do. The admin already did that. I agree. Very Happy

EDIT: The admin did that for another problem of mine. Just to be clear. haha


Can you PM me your TeamViewer ID and password then ? Smile  
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101
Points : 18709
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by lisa000 on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:29

Did it! Very Happy
avatar
lisa000
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 20
Points : 1160
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:52

@lisa000 wrote:Did it! Very Happy


OK, problem solved via TeamViewer. The #crack was placed in the wrong place initially, I guess. Razz  Any other questions or can I close the thread ? Smile  
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101
Points : 18709
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by lisa000 on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:55

You can close it. Thanks again! Smile
avatar
lisa000
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 20
Points : 1160
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install the SimCity? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:57

@lisa000 wrote:You can close it. Thanks again! Smile


I'm happy that the game finally works for you. If you ever have any other issue, feel free to open a new thread. Until then: have fun ! The topic is closed now. Very Happy 


//EDIT


Just for the record: I also got the message "the file/folder is in use", blocking my attempt to copy the crack to the game location. While I didn't manage to figure out the source of that problem, I renamed the original Sim City 4.exe file in the "Apps"-folder, after which I re-copied the crack, into "Apps". This time, it worked....
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101
Points : 18709
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum