Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo??

Post by liadegrecia on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 14:00

To anyone computer savvy, some help would be appreciated with the problem I'm encountering when trying to run The Sims 4 CAS Demo. (And yes it's a torrent version, but I think it's rather inconsequential with the issue I'm facing.) Sooo, when I try to run it, this happens

Fact is, my graphics card is an ATI RADEON HD 5700 series, which, according to the system specs AND the GraphicsCards file located in Game/Bin, it is actually supported. I think I have the latest drivers installed, too. So what could be in fault? 

Thanks in advance Smile

liadegrecia
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Stardew Valley, Crusader Kings II
Female Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Card problem with The Sims 4 CAS Demo??

Post by V10R37 on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 15:35

My 5450 worked.

I have the demo from origin.
V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Euro Truck Simulator 2; Hearthstone
Male Posts : 274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:10

@liadegrecia wrote:To anyone computer savvy, some help would be appreciated with the problem I'm encountering when trying to run The Sims 4 CAS Demo. (And yes it's a torrent version, but I think it's rather inconsequential with the issue I'm facing.) Sooo, when I try to run it, this happens

Fact is, my graphics card is an ATI RADEON HD 5700 series, which, according to the system specs AND the GraphicsCards file located in Game/Bin, it is actually supported. I think I have the latest drivers installed, too. So what could be in fault? 

Thanks in advance Smile

Hello,

Just to be safe: are you absolutely sure that your drivers are up-to-date ? Also, did you install that "vcredist_x86" or whatever that file is called, BEFORE ?  Most people had to install that file (included in the download), to get the demo working...
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by liadegrecia on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:32

Yeah, I actually checked it and I'm up to date with the drivers.. I installed the file you mentioned too, because I read it was solving black screen issues, so I thought it would help with graphics related issues in general, but to no avail. I keep getting the same message. I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense to be getting a message like that when the graphics card is indeed supported. I must be missing something, but I can't figure it out.

liadegrecia
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Stardew Valley, Crusader Kings II
Female Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 18:14

@liadegrecia wrote:Yeah, I actually checked it and I'm up to date with the drivers.. I installed the file you mentioned too, because I read it was solving black screen issues, so I thought it would help with graphics related issues in general, but to no avail. I keep getting the same message. I don't get it. It doesn't make any sense to be getting a message like that when the graphics card is indeed supported. I must be missing something, but I can't figure it out.

I'm almost out of explanations I'm afraid.. Sad But do you also have a vp6.reg file in your download ? Can you double-click on that file and confirm the following message(s) ? 

Try re-starting the game then. 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum