The Sims 3 Freezing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Freezing

Post by Metjuw on Mon 18 Aug 2014, 16:21

Hello all,

I am having problems with my Sims 3 game, it's freezing a lot even though I have over 200 constant fps.. I tried to include both the Overwatch and Register mods but still keeps freezing and it's really annoying since sometimes it's unplayable.. I did not try Gamebooster since my pc is a high end desktop computer, I thought it would be useless also in the Packages folder I don't just have the Overwatch and Register mods but I have other packages including the store content packages.

I also have a friend who has the same problem as mine but with a laptop not a desktop pc has the minimum requirements to run the Sims 3 tried the 4GB patch, also included the Overwatch and Register mods, with Gamebooster too but still keeps freezing and crashed one time, also after exiting university and enroute to home my friend is getting a crash every time and at the same spot.. In this case, in my friend's Packages folder there are only the Overwatch & Register mods no other packages.

Any kind of feedback for both queries would be really appreciated! Smile

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Matthew

//EDIT

It has already been 4 days since I posted this but still no reply? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Name: Matthew
Occupation: Looking to build his career mainly on hobbies like: "Painting", "Sculpting" and "Inventing".
Lifetime Wish: Descendant of Da Vinci

Personality Trait[s]: Genius, Perfectionist, Lucky,  Computer Whiz & Born Salesman
Favourite Food: Hamburger
Favourite Music: Custom Music
Favourite Colour: Black
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius

Lot Name: Seaside Escape
Size: 30 x 40
Address: Sandy Shore, Surf Island - 1br, 1ba

Household Funds: §22,174

What he said.

Computer Specs:

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
RAM: 8GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k @ 3.5GHz
HDD: 2TB + External HDD: 3TB
SSD: 128GB
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
Metjuw
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PC: The Sims 3, Call Of Duty Series, CS: 1.6 & CS: Source, Hitman Series, GTA Series, FIFA Series, Pro Evolution Soccer Series, Football Manager Series, Sleeping Dogs™, AoE I, II, III, League of Legends [LoL], Diablo III, Assassin's Creed Series, Need For Speed Series, The Elder Scrolls Series, Left 4 Dead & L4D 2, Uplink, Prince Of Persia Series, Team Fortress, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 1 & 2, Magic the Gathering, Dragon Age Series, The Walking Dead & World Of Warcraft etc.. - PS 3: Final Fantasy XIII, Dragonball - Raging Blast & Budokai Tenkaichi, Metal Gear Solid, FIFA 10/11/12 & I'm Alive
Male Posts : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 Freezing

Post by Ray311 on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 01:50

Do you have any custom content?

Ray311
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 02:05

@Metjuw wrote:
(...)

It has already been 4 days since I posted this but still no reply? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello, 

Sorry for the late reply. But please remember that we're currently in a difficult and stressful situation on the forum: more and more people are coming now, in need of help. Many of the "senior" and hence experienced team members - me including - are not regularly available at the moment. The new team members still have to get "used" to all that; not to mention all the real-life obligations.

About your problem: how exactly did you apply the "4 GB patch" ? Please double-click on that patch and apply it to the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched". Then see if that improves anything in your game. My current (old) computer, compared to what appears to be yours, is weaker, but I can run TS3 with all EPs/SPs, store content and other CC fluently at highest settings. So hardware shouldn't be an issue.

Next, please do not double-post either. Wink  Instead, use the "edit"-button on your post after it shows up, and wait for a reply, even if it may take longer, or use the search function if you don't seem to get a reply within a reasonable time.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf953 on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 14:09

Are you playing on Isla Paradiso?

Cuz that's an town make causes much lagg

had the same problem and asked support from EA
Maybe this will help ^_^

Try to save you're game over times (like over 25-40 Min)

Try to dont use to much cheats (Make everyone know me can make the game lagg)

Game can freeze also if one of you're sims is stuck (on a island or something)

Lonewolf953 ^_^

LoneWolf953
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims,Assassins Creed Series,Simcity
Male Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 17:18

@LoneWolf953 wrote:Are you playing on Isla Paradiso?

Cuz that's an town make causes much lagg

had the same problem and asked support from EA
Maybe this will help ^_^

Try to save you're game over times (like over 25-40 Min)

Try to dont use to much cheats (Make everyone know me can make the game lagg)

Game can freeze also if one of you're sims is stuck (on a island or something)

Lonewolf953 ^_^

The game lag in Isla Paradiso usually happens mostly with lower-end computers, which is not the case with the OP. Wink  My current (old) computer is weaker than the one from the OP, but I don't get any lag in Isla Paradiso either.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum