Investigator Cases

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Investigator Cases

Post by Metjuw on Tue 19 Aug 2014, 00:07

Hello there everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem when doing certain cases while I have the Investigator job. I'm currently on the Digging for Dirt case and I have to locations where I need to scavage for in the garbage and mail of 2 houses, I scavaged through the first one which is occupied by a lot of people and obviously he did not find any clues but when trying to scavage the other house's garbage and mail it says "No Interactions Available". Anyone know why please? I can't continue the case and therefore I won't be able to get a raise.. :/

Name: Matthew
Occupation: Looking to build his career mainly on hobbies like: "Painting", "Sculpting" and "Inventing".
Lifetime Wish: Descendant of Da Vinci

Personality Trait[s]: Genius, Perfectionist, Lucky,  Computer Whiz & Born Salesman
Favourite Food: Hamburger
Favourite Music: Custom Music
Favourite Colour: Black
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius

Lot Name: Seaside Escape
Size: 30 x 40
Address: Sandy Shore, Surf Island - 1br, 1ba

Household Funds: §22,174

What he said.

Computer Specs:

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
RAM: 8GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k @ 3.5GHz
HDD: 2TB + External HDD: 3TB
SSD: 128GB
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Metjuw
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PC: The Sims 3, Call Of Duty Series, CS: 1.6 & CS: Source, Hitman Series, GTA Series, FIFA Series, Pro Evolution Soccer Series, Football Manager Series, Sleeping Dogs™, AoE I, II, III, League of Legends [LoL], Diablo III, Assassin's Creed Series, Need For Speed Series, The Elder Scrolls Series, Left 4 Dead & L4D 2, Uplink, Prince Of Persia Series, Team Fortress, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 1 & 2, Magic the Gathering, Dragon Age Series, The Walking Dead & World Of Warcraft etc.. - PS 3: Final Fantasy XIII, Dragonball - Raging Blast & Budokai Tenkaichi, Metal Gear Solid, FIFA 10/11/12 & I'm Alive
Male Posts : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Investigator Cases

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 19 Aug 2014, 02:34

@Metjuw wrote:Hello there everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem when doing certain cases while I have the Investigator job. I'm currently on the Digging for Dirt case and I have to locations where I need to scavage for in the garbage and mail of 2 houses, I scavaged through the first one which is occupied by a lot of people and obviously he did not find any clues but when trying to scavage the other house's garbage and mail it says "No Interactions Available". Anyone know why please? I can't continue the case and therefore I won't be able to get a raise.. :/

Hello,

It's been a while since I played in the investigator-career, but I remember that at some point (over a year ago ?) that career was highly glitchy, meaning that some cases just cannot be solved, because of glitches similar like the one you're having.

If you're sure you are clicking on the right thing (garbage and/or mail), then that's probably an indicator that...the case is glitchy. Often, you'll have some sort of "magnifying glass" on objects that you need to check (furniture, trash, mailbox, etc.); this is meant to help you with some cases; but I'm not sure if you have such a glass in the game.

If you're sure you aren't doing anything wrong, dismiss the case and try getting another case (via the computer or the police station). That's the best I can suggest.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metjuw on Tue 19 Aug 2014, 02:46

Oh okay then thought there was a fix for it.. but sure thing I dismissed the case and went for another one.. Btw yeah I was having the magnifying glass on the trash can but when I clicked on it, it was giving me "No interactions available". Anyways thanks for the feedback! Smile

Name: Matthew
Occupation: Looking to build his career mainly on hobbies like: "Painting", "Sculpting" and "Inventing".
Lifetime Wish: Descendant of Da Vinci

Personality Trait[s]: Genius, Perfectionist, Lucky,  Computer Whiz & Born Salesman
Favourite Food: Hamburger
Favourite Music: Custom Music
Favourite Colour: Black
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius

Lot Name: Seaside Escape
Size: 30 x 40
Address: Sandy Shore, Surf Island - 1br, 1ba

Household Funds: §22,174

What he said.

Computer Specs:

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
RAM: 8GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k @ 3.5GHz
HDD: 2TB + External HDD: 3TB
SSD: 128GB
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

Metjuw
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PC: The Sims 3, Call Of Duty Series, CS: 1.6 & CS: Source, Hitman Series, GTA Series, FIFA Series, Pro Evolution Soccer Series, Football Manager Series, Sleeping Dogs™, AoE I, II, III, League of Legends [LoL], Diablo III, Assassin's Creed Series, Need For Speed Series, The Elder Scrolls Series, Left 4 Dead & L4D 2, Uplink, Prince Of Persia Series, Team Fortress, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 1 & 2, Magic the Gathering, Dragon Age Series, The Walking Dead & World Of Warcraft etc.. - PS 3: Final Fantasy XIII, Dragonball - Raging Blast & Budokai Tenkaichi, Metal Gear Solid, FIFA 10/11/12 & I'm Alive
Male Posts : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 23 Aug 2014, 14:39

@Metjuw wrote:Oh okay then thought there was a fix for it.. but sure thing I dismissed the case and went for another one.. Btw yeah I was having the magnifying glass on the trash can but when I clicked on it, it was giving me "No interactions available". Anyways thanks for the feedback! Smile

Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't have too much time, recently. Anyhow, I just wanted to add that you might encounter a number of different cases that are glitchy, and not just this one with the trash cans and mailboxes.

You should be able though to reach Level 10 in the investigator career, still, even when skipping all the glitchy cases.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum