Monte Vista help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monte Vista help. [SOLVED]

Post by Lachaesis on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 16:09

Hey guys! I am new here (on the forum) though I have been a long time lurker and downloader of your awesome releases. A big thanks to everyone at Games4theWorld team, you guys rock! cheers

I hope this is the right thread to pose this question/issue. I've have got all the expansions up to Into The Future, I know how to work my way around Sims3Packs and .package files and what not. I've downloaded the Monte Vista from the downloads site, not because I wanted the world in itself, but because I needed a set of wall that comes with it (the ornate sets). Anyway, long story short: I've installed the world through launcher and all of the items are there except the walls I want. I only get the Grimy, slimy ones. I've converted the Sims3Pack to package and the walls are there, but still, no luck. The ornate walls packages moved to the Mods folder do not get installed/don't show in game. I am really out of options here. What did I do wrong here, is there any way I can fix it? Many thanks in advance and keep the awesome work! Smile
Lachaesis
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, The Elder Scrolls Series, Dragon Age Series, Shadowrun Series, Remember Me, Assassin's Creed, No One Lives Forever 1 & 2
Female Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monte Vista help. [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 16:16

Hi there!  Smile

Did you install the latest store fixes from http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ ?
That sounds like maybe a decrapifying issue. See if you have the latest fixes and try again.

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator
MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm
Minecraft Moderator MC Wizard & Keeper of the Realm

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1726

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachaesis on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 16:22

Thanks for the prompt reply, SeoY! Smile

Well, I thought so too, I know you guys are thorough with the releases, but still, I decrap pretty much all the Sims3Packs, just in case kind of thing I have. I will update the store fixes and get back to you guys.

//EDIT

So, I've reapplied the store fixes, cleaned my cache files, reinstalled Monte Vista and still, the wall sets I want do not show up in the launcher nor in the build mode. All the other items appear, the wood oven works fine too. I am stuck with the grungy walls in game. Using a package viewer I can see that the ornate walls I really want happen appear in the DCBackup folder, just not in the game. I am really at a loss as to what else to do  Very discouraging.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, The Elder Scrolls Series, Dragon Age Series, Shadowrun Series, Remember Me, Assassin's Creed, No One Lives Forever 1 & 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 17:57

Ok, I may have a dumb idea. When I installed Monte Vista, I didn't really check for the walls so I don't really know, but is there a possibility that they are special patterns that would appear only in Create a Style? Maybe you need to search for them in there. I know it most likely isn't the case, but it wouldn't hurt to look.  Smile

Are there any public lots that come with the World that may have the walls in there? You could also place one of those and see if you can Eyedrop the walls or Create a Style them. Who knows. They're possibilities, right?

"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachaesis on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 18:41

Thank you for the suggestions, once more! I will look into it, again and see what I can do.

//EDIT

SeoY, your suggestion seemed to help to a degree. I've managed to find one community building in Monte Vista that has one of the wall styles that are part of the ornate sets I mentioned. But since my luck is running high with this, upon using the Eyedropper tool on the walls, I get the "Nothing here can be cloned" message, as you guys can see. 

While entering Create a Style for the wall, I can manage to save a pattern, masonry type I think, but not the wall style itself. 

I know, it may come across that I am really picky. Well, I am, when it comes to building my homes right. Maybe I should just quit. Going through all this hassle because of a wall is so not worth it.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 18:46

That seems to be pretty similar to this problem:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t9008-monte-vista-no-floor-no-wallpaper-closed

An user in that topic linked to an apparent fix at MATY, maybe you can use it and see if it works for you?
I'm sorry I can't be of more help...  Wat.

You should read that thread and see if you can fix it. Good luck anyway!

SeoY
Minecraft Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachaesis on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 18:51

Wow, SeoY, that's spot on! I will give it a read and see what I can find. Many thanks Smile

//EDIT

Oh one more question (a dumb one, me thinks, but anyway), regarding the new fix. Does KT's Store fix conflict with the G4TW fix? Do I replace one for the other or can I install both?

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 19:03

@Lachaesis wrote:Wow, SeoY, that's spot on! I will give it a read and see what I can find. Many thanks Smile

//EDIT

Oh one more question (a dumb one, me thinks, but anyway), regarding the new fix. Does KT's Store fix conflict with the G4TW fix? Do I replace one for the other or can I install both?

Hello,

If the "fix" is related to the store fix files, then I don't recommend you "mix" store fixes from different sources. You either take ONLY the files from G4TW or ONLY files from another source. 

But never "mix" those files.

//EDIT

P.S. Please do not double-post on this forum; instead use the "edit"-button to add stuff to your original message. I already merged your double-posts. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachaesis on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 19:13

Thank you for the reply, Carlos. And also, sorry for double posting Embarassed

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 19:23

@Lachaesis wrote:Thank you for the reply, Carlos. And also, sorry for double posting Embarassed

It's OK. Smile  As you correctly anticipated before, there's isn't much point for any hassle over a minor glitch like that. As for me, I've long given up on trying to fix things like that. It's just not worth the time and hassle.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

The method described in that thread, while not exactly matching your problem, is the most extreme method you can try. Beware ! This will basically delete all your installed .sims3packs. So you would have to start over with re-installing the .sims3pack files.

In your current situation, I would actually discourage you from trying that, but should you feel (really) bored at some point, you may give that a try. This method is good to rule out any possible conflicts with other .sims3pack files.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachaesis on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 20:22

I didn't have many worlds installed, so I followed your last suggestion, Carlos. Cleaned everything up and reinstalled. Still no luck. I can't seem to get my head around this, so I am really calling it quits. Fixing the fixes didn't seem to work as well. But I do have another question. I converted the Monte Vista Sims3Pack to .package and I get the 8 or 9-ish walls I am looking for. Shouldn't placing them in the Packages folder as CC solve it? I haven't tried it after the cleanup, but I will. Just looking for another opinion.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 20:28

@Lachaesis wrote:I didn't have many worlds installed, so I followed your last suggestion, Carlos. Cleaned everything up and reinstalled. Still no luck. I can't seem to get my head around this, so I am really calling it quits. Fixing the fixes didn't seem to work as well. But I do have another question. I converted the Monte Vista Sims3Pack to .package and I get the 8 or 9-ish walls I am looking for. Shouldn't placing them in the Packages folder as CC solve it? I haven't tried it after the cleanup, but I will. Just looking for another opinion.

That's an interesting question, and I can't really give you an answer to that. However, you can only install worlds with the launcher. So converting the .sims3pack to .package files won't help you. But this is only (?) for the installation of the world.

As far as the items in it are concerned, I cannot really tell you, since I never did that; in fact, I never even bothered with that, lol. Maybe these items are somewhat connected to the world data, and not "separable" ?

I can't really tell. Sad  But what I can tell you is that virtually all the people install the .sims3pack of a world, with the launcher, since there is no other way to get the world in the game.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachaesis on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 01:32

I am very happy to let you know that I've finally made it! I think the key was to do (or re-do) all the steps both SeoY and Carlos pointed out, clean the caches, the backups and whatnot. I didn't re-install Monte Vista through the luncher this time, only converted the Sims3Pack to package again, merged the wall sets files I wanted and placed them in my Mods/Packages/BuyBuild folder. So, for me, this was my solution. I may be missing an inbetween step here, since I really lost count of how many times I tried! Also, I really don't understand how it worked this time, because I tried this method before. Maybe it had something to do with the fixes or even something else, I can't really tell.

Anyway, many, many thanks for the suggestions and your patience, guys. Awesome team backup here. I am saved from a rage attack. Until the next Sims3pack install, I'm sure  Laughing

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 18:51

@Lachaesis wrote:I am very happy to let you know that I've finally made it! I think the key was to do (or re-do) all the steps both SeoY and Carlos pointed out, clean the caches, the backups and whatnot. I didn't re-install Monte Vista through the luncher this time, only converted the Sims3Pack to package again, merged the wall sets files I wanted and placed them in my Mods/Packages/BuyBuild folder. So, for me, this was my solution. I may be missing an inbetween step here, since I really lost count of how many times I tried! Also, I really don't understand how it worked this time, because I tried this method before. Maybe it had something to do with the fixes or even something else, I can't really tell.

Anyway, many, many thanks for the suggestions and your patience, guys. Awesome team backup here. I am saved from a rage attack. Until the next Sims3pack install, I'm sure  Laughing

No problem. Smile  If you ever have any otehr questions, feel free to open a new thread. Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum