Black screen and script error [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black screen and script error [SOLVED]

Post by Unihorn on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 03:39

Hi

I have installed game like its written in your explinations, and after that game worked nice, but when i turned off, and then turned on my pc, i couldnt run a game, i got black screen which get crashed after few seconds, to be more clear, he got minimized itself, and when i try to maximize that window i can hear music from sims and ofc i see only black screen and thats only for few sec after that it crashed again -_- and also i got some script error when i run launcher

Im using win 8.1 pro x64 original, and my pc have  i5 processor and 4gb ram, can you help me with this problems?

Unihorn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Black screen and script error [SOLVED]

Post by SeoY on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 04:05

Hey there!

For the first of your problems, it sounds like it's this issue:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t59-the-sims-3-minimizes-as-soon-as-i-start-it-fix

You should read that topic to see if it applies to you.

As for the Script Error opening the launcher, just click "Yes" or "No". It won't affect the starting of the game, or the gameplay at all. Don't worry about it.

Good luck!  Smile

"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 09:53

@SeoY wrote:Hey there!

For the first of your problems, it sounds like it's this issue:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t59-the-sims-3-minimizes-as-soon-as-i-start-it-fix

You should read that topic to see if it applies to you.

As for the Script Error opening the launcher, just click "Yes" or "No". It won't affect the starting of the game, or the gameplay at all. Don't worry about it.

Good luck!  Smile
Hi there,

Wow, that topic is old. I've added a new line.
The problem you're having, might also be caused by (corrupt) Custom Content or Mods. Do you happen to have any?

~ Nobody's gril. ~

Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19214

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Unihorn on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 15:32

No i dont have any other program runing in my background and i dont have idea what are Mods and Custom Content XD

Unihorn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 07:44

Mods can be modifications to the game, usually package files you download from several websites around that add another functionality or change things in your game.

Custom Content are those files you download with new furniture, hair, clothes etc, they can be .sims3pack files or .package files and you usually install them manually.

Besides that you have content you buy from EA (again, like furniture, hair, clothes etc), which is downloaded into the downloads folder and this content is usually stored in .sims3pack files as well.

Are you using the launcher to open the game or are you open the game itself?

Please try to run the game directly, which you find on
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe and let us know what happens.

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unihorn on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 15:25

Well i didnt downloaded anything from any other site, i just installed game like its written in instructions, and all parts which i downloaded including base game are from Games4theworld. When i open game from that its same xD

Unihorn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:14

Hello,
Did you try the topic SeoY suggested?
Also, please try this topic:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!

Shamrock
RETIRED Moderator
Guarding the Forum
RETIRED ModeratorGuarding the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3179

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unihorn on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:35

yeah, i have tryed that and nothing happens -_-

Unihorn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 19:22

@Unihorn wrote:yeah, i have tryed that and nothing happens -_-

Hello,

Can you first tell us what the version of The Sims 3 you have? To do so, open the launcher, and make your cursor hover over the base game icon at the bottom of the launcher. There a message will pop up showing you what version your game is.

You can also tell us exactly what you have done to install the game. Please elaborate more on this so that we can all investigate the problem. Lastly, can you do a cleanup of the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? The cleanup list is down below:

Good luck and let us know the progress.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
The Sims Helper
Don't underestimate me.
The Sims Helper Don't underestimate me.

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unihorn on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 18:09

1.67.2.024017 i first installed sims 3 base game, and after that i tryed to install other parts and game asked me for update, so i downloaded update from instruction and installed that, after that i was able to install all other parts, i have installed sims 3 pet, seasons, island paradise, world adventures, outdor, university and ambitions, when i was done with installing i applyed ultimate fix like its written there and i started a game, in that moment game started normaly i didnt have any black screen minimized and i could play that as any other game, when i turned on pc tmr morning i couldnt start game normaly, i had as i already posted black screen which get minimized itself. In some provided solutions is written that we should c/p ea folder from my documents and then remove it and start a game, i have done that and i still have same problem, i have tryed everything what was written as possible solutions on my topic.

Unihorn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 02:11

@Unihorn wrote:1.67.2.024017 i first installed sims 3 base game, and after that i tryed to install other parts and game asked me for update, so i downloaded update from instruction and installed that, after that i was able to install all other parts, i have installed sims 3 pet, seasons, island paradise, world adventures, outdor, university and ambitions, when i was done with installing i applyed ultimate fix like its written there and i started a game, in that moment game started normaly i didnt have any black screen minimized and i could play that as any other game, when i turned on pc tmr morning i couldnt start game normaly, i had as i already posted black screen which get minimized itself. In some provided solutions is written that we should c/p ea folder from my documents and then remove it and start a game, i have done that and i still have same problem, i have tryed everything what was written as possible solutions on my topic.

Since your problem is a bit complicated, I suggest you send a private message to me or any other team members when they are online. We will help you via Teamviewer.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
The Sims Helper
Don't underestimate me.
The Sims Helper Don't underestimate me.

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unihorn on Sat 04 Oct 2014, 23:29

Well this will sound weird but sims started to work fine itself Very Happy i dont have idea why he had that problems but now works fine Very Happy

Unihorn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sat 04 Oct 2014, 23:33

@Unihorn wrote:Well this will sound weird but sims started to work fine itself Very Happy i dont have idea why he had that problems but now works fine Very Happy

That is good to hear! Thanks for letting us know. Very Happy

So, is the problem solved now? Can we close the topic?

"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1714

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unihorn on Sun 05 Oct 2014, 00:28

yeah everything is ok now Smile you can close topic:)

Helper edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
-SeoY

Unihorn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum