Dark Screen Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dark Screen Problem

Post by Teneille.Lesmeister on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 01:49

I had this problem but my brother told me to just shut off my tower and turn it back on. I did but now my screen is still black and has like half of a monitor outline in white and i cant click on anything! I figured out that the white outline was supposed to be the outline of my display screen and i dont know how to like get it off because i cant do anything but turn my tower on and off! Please help me! I cant even go on a diff website!! I hope it didnt ruin my computer Sad

Helper Edit: Topic split. Next time, please open a new topic in designated forum section (The Sims 3 In-game Support or The Sims 3 Download Support) if you have any questions. All questions/problems asked under other topics will most likely be ignored. Thank you for your cooperation.

-J.T.

Teneille.Lesmeister
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Screen Problem

Post by SeoY on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 02:02

@Teneille.Lesmeister wrote:I had this problem but my brother told me to just shut off my tower and turn it back on. I did but now my screen is still black and has like half of a monitor outline in white and i cant click on anything! I figured out that the white outline was supposed to be the outline of my display screen and i dont know how to like get it off because i cant do anything but turn my tower on and off! Please help me! I cant even go on a diff website!! I hope it didnt ruin my computer Sad

Maybe you should post your problem in another thread, where it may have more visibility and get more help that way.
Anyway, I don't really understand what is going on. Where is this black screen? Only in The Sims 3 or in the monitor? If so, what is exactly what you did? I don't think just shutting down the tower and turning it back on could lead to this problem. Could you be more specific?

Also, what do you mean when you say you can't go to a different website?

"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1715

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dark Screen Problem

Post by Teneille.Lesmeister on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 09:39

Well i have the dark screen prob when i click "play game" in the sims but it freezes the monitor so it is stuck black and i cant click escape to go back to my desktop screen so i turned off the monitor an my screen just was stuck black and i couldn't do anything. Like there was nothing to fix it. The only thing that worked was ctrl+alt+delete but i still cant play my game

Teneille.Lesmeister
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Screen Problem

Post by SeoY on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 17:03

Hi!

You should read this thread here and follow the instructions there carefully:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16586-black-screen-at-startup-other-possible-fixes

If may help you with your problem. If not, you can always come back and make another post about it!

Good luck!

"Shhh... Shhh... It's ok. It's alright. I'm here. Just let go."

SeoY
Helper in duty
ModeratorHelper in duty

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft
Male Posts : 1715

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum