"Permissions" error when copying (cracked) files - fix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Permissions" error when copying (cracked) files - fix.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 23:31

Hello all,

In the Sims 3, when copying the files from the "Ultimate fix" (or any other cracked file) to the target location, you might get an error message that looks like this, or similar:

This can happen in Windows 7 and 8 (I can't tell though whether that "security" feature was already there in Windows Vista and earlier). And it can also happen if you are running an Administrator account. With a little bit of tweaking though, you can work around that, as follows:

As is the case with G4TW's "Ultimate fix"-crack, you need to paste the relevant files inside this "Bin"-folder, shown in the screenshot. Don't go "inside" that folder; instead right-click on it and go to "Properties".

Go to the "Sharing"-tab first, and there, click on the "Advanced Sharing"-button.

Mark the box "share this folder", and then click on the "Permissions"-button, marked with #2 in the screenshot.

Under "Group or user names", you may add all the users you want to edit these permissions for. But typically, there will only be ONE name - namely yours (= your account name on your Windows).

Then, mark the box "Full Control - Allow". Then click on "Apply" first, and next on "OK". Close all remaining windows by clicking on "apply" first, and then on "OK".

Basically, that's it actually. However, if you still get an issue with the permissions, apply the same procedure to the "parent"-folder of "Bin" - so the "Game" folder shown in my screenshot.

You may even apply this to the other parent folders, so The Sims 3 -> Electronic Arts -> Program files(x86). But at that point, you should be able then to paste the crack-files to the correct location.

That's it again. Good luck if you encounter this error ! Smile  

P.S. you can apply that procedure to any game/software, basically, if you need to copy/paste cracked files.

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC HERE. INSTEAD, OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN OUR The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)- SECTION ! ALL COMMENTS ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE WARNING !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13942

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Permissions" error when copying (cracked) files - fix.

Post by AyraMizrim on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:10

That was a very good guide Carlos (actually you helped me with that since i re-apply the ultimate fix today and got that error) . So thanks and good job.

P.S I love your numbers  Razz .

♡o。.(✿ฺ。 ✿ฺ)
AyraMizrim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3 (1 and 2) , Dragon age , Dragon age 2 , Kingdoms of Amalur : reckoning, Loki , Fable 1, Fable 2, Fable 3 Neverwinter nights (1 and 2), Dungeon Siege, Bordelands 2 , Lineage 2, Aion, Witcher series
Female Posts : 101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Permissions" error when copying (cracked) files - fix.

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 06 Sep 2014, 06:29

@AyraMizrim wrote:
That was a very good guide Carlos (actually you helped me with that since i re-apply the ultimate fix today and got that error) . So thanks and good job.

P.S I love your numbers  Razz .
Yes! It's a great tutorial!!!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top