Sims 4 Digital Copy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Digital Copy?

Post by tomato217 on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 03:34

Hello! I know The Sims 4 isn't released yet but regarding general knowledge, do you think that if I bought The Sims 4 digitally, that when (in the future) they release expansions, & I torrent them from here that I can play the game? Or would I have to either torrent the Sims 4 from here or buy a CD-copy in order to have it work with expansions in the future?

Basically, would buying a digital copy make me unable to add TORRENTED expansions later on? Thanks!  Smile

tomato217
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Digital Copy?

Post by Adwomin on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 04:17

Hello,

That's hard to tell at this point, but if the same system as The Sims 3 is used, then yes, you'd be able to mix up torrented games and retail games just fine!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaMae on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:56

I know that worked for the sims 3. I bought the base game, and a couple Eps but the rest I got from torrents. Let's hope the same is true for the Sims 4!
AmandaMae
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Favourite games : The Sims 3! (only thing I play anymore)
Female Posts : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:26

@tomato217 wrote:Hello! I know The Sims 4 isn't released yet but regarding general knowledge, do you think that if I bought The Sims 4 digitally, that when (in the future) they release expansions, & I torrent them from here that I can play the game? Or would I have to either torrent the Sims 4 from here or buy a CD-copy in order to have it work with expansions in the future?

Basically, would buying a digital copy make me unable to add TORRENTED expansions later on? Thanks!  Smile

Hello tomato217,

My sister asked me the exact same question, earlier today. And I suggested she waits a while with actually BUYING that game, just to see how this whole "system" works, with the DLC content and possibly with any pirated expansions in the future.

No real need to buy the game at this point, in my opinion. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EllisMarie on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:59

it depends, because the ts4 demo was completely reliant on Origin, even if you ordered from amazon. If the sims 4 is the same, a problem might arise because I downloaded the cracked demo because I was being impatient, and then after the 12th I decided to install the legit version so I could install cc. It told me that I had to update it or I would be unable to play. I just had to delete the whole thing and reinstall the legit version and luckily I still had my created sims

EllisMarie
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 2
Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum