Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC)

Post by intropella on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 09:47

This is one of my solution and hopefully this solution work!
If you have a pop error saying "unofficial game modification" this could mean that you did not install the Expansion Packs in order!

It is crucial to install the Expansion Packs in order for macs; if not, this error will occur and it will be unplayable. >:

1.) Uninstall everything! (I know it's in the pain v.v)
2.) Install EP correctly in order (by date) (Click here to see the EP in order)
3.) Advise to test (by playing) after you successfully install each individual EP.
4.) Update and Crack!
5.) Viola hope it works.

---------------------------
Another solution!!
Tthere could be a corrupted mod.
If so, please remove all the mods and play without using mods.
---------------------------

---If anyone found other possible solutions, please do reply in this thread. ---

If other problems have occur, please look through the Mac Support, to find other possible solution!
DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC, BUT OPEN A NEW TOPIC FOR IT IN THE CORRECT SECTION! ALL COMMENTS POSTED ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS HERE WILL BE DELETED!

| T h a n k   y o u   f o r   b r e a t h i n g | please do not steal my sig & avatar.
intropella
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Female Posts : 148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Fix for "installed an unofficial game modification..." (MAC)

Post by Phoebe on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:34

Hello Intropella,

The way you described right here is essential for being able to work The Sims 3 on Mac Very Happy The "Installation an unmodified Game Modification" usually means, if someone had to update their game before installing the latest EPs and forgot to update it again after installing all the expansions and apply the Ultimate Fix, the game detects it. It isn't directly about installing every in order, but to update the game right before applying the Ultimate Fix (whether they applied it before or not)

I am not sure game mods cause this error. But as you said, it won't hurt anyone to remove the Mods file and test the game without it Smile

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum