Installed Sims don't show up with CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed Sims don't show up with CC

Post by pretzelo on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 19:46

I have recently moved all my CC Magic to install. However when I try to use one of the sims I downloaded from TSR, they do not show up with CC. However, the saved sims I made myself do show up with CC, whereas they previously didn't when I was reinstalling CC. The portraits of the saved sims also appear with base game hair and such, whereas my saved sims always appear with their CC hair.

pretzelo
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 826
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed Sims don't show up with CC

Post by Sim Architect on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 22:31

Try managing your default set inside of CC Magic, then you can move the sims you find to the "legacy" set. Let us know if it worked... Otherwise you may need to download the sims again to your download folder and install them with the launcher.

Let's know if you got your issue solved. Have a great day!

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...


Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4004
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed Sims don't show up with CC

Post by pretzelo on Mon 08 Sep 2014, 23:43

SvenT wrote:Try managing your default set inside of CC Magic, then you can move the sims you find to the "legacy" set. Let us know if it worked... Otherwise you may need to download the sims again to your download folder and install them with the launcher.

Let's know if you got your issue solved. Have a great day!

I am unable to move the sims into Legacy, because they are Sims3packs. As well as this, I have installed them with the launcher with the same outcome. Even in CC magic the thumbnails are without CC.

pretzelo
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 826
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed Sims don't show up with CC

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 09 Sep 2014, 11:05

Oh, sorry to hear that. But does the problem persists even AFTER you reinstall the sims3packs with the sims you lost (without running CC Magic again, of course)?

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...


Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4004
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed Sims don't show up with CC

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:47

@pretzelo wrote:I have recently moved all my CC Magic to install. However when I try to use one of the sims I downloaded from TSR, they do not show up with CC. However, the saved sims I made myself do show up with CC, whereas they previously didn't when I was reinstalling CC. The portraits of the saved sims also appear with base game hair and such, whereas my saved sims always appear with their CC hair.


Hello pretzelo,


Have you tried clearing the relevant cache files, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 ?

-simCompositorCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package


Delete these 3 files, if they are there, and then try re-installing that sim. If that doesn't work, can you try other sims then ? This solution might not suit you, but some downloaded sims have... "strange glitches" if you like. Please do psot back on here when you're ready. Good luck ! Smile  

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed Sims don't show up with CC

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 10 Sep 2014, 23:11

Carlos wrote:
@pretzelo wrote:I have recently moved all my CC Magic to install. However when I try to use one of the sims I downloaded from TSR, they do not show up with CC. However, the saved sims I made myself do show up with CC, whereas they previously didn't when I was reinstalling CC. The portraits of the saved sims also appear with base game hair and such, whereas my saved sims always appear with their CC hair.


Hello pretzelo,


Have you tried clearing the relevant cache files, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 ?

-simCompositorCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package


Delete these 3 files, if they are there, and then try re-installing that sim. If that doesn't work, can you try other sims then ? This solution might not suit you, but some downloaded sims have... "strange glitches" if you like. Please do psot back on here when you're ready. Good luck ! Smile  
What he said.

Thanks, Carlos!!!

I feel so stupid for not suggesting anything like that...


Facepalm

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...


Sim Architect
(A) Child of God (A)
(A) Child of God (A)

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853
Points : 4004
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum