This Game Gets Boring Fast

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This Game Gets Boring Fast

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 00:14

@maKa01 wrote:say, do you have kids yat in the game?
and if you do, did they bring friends from school like in the sims 2 ?? it happen with adults too, they bring a weird black guy/ girl home and want to be friends with them lol
did that happen in the sims 4?

Hello maKa01,

I'm (almost ?) sure you didn't have any racist intentions, but please, I kindly ask you to pay more attention to sensitivity. Can we agree on that ? It absolutely doesn't matter whether sims bring home Black/Asian/Hispanic/Caucasian/whatever sims.

So please.

@jeffthekiller wrote:Hey maKa01 you little racist *****. What's wrong with black people??? Im black and I hate you. **** yourself. Censored

Hello jeff,

On the other hand, your reaction, while understandable, is a bit too much, even for me. Try not to use swearwords. Wink  Instead, click on the button "report post to moderator/admin, if you wish to report things like that. And let me or another Moderator or Admin handle things like that. 

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffthekiller on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 00:38

Hey sorry been reading G4TW posts for a long time so when I saw that comment I got mad and reacted I can see that user prolly didn't mean it in a bad way, just irks me you know.

jeffthekiller
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 00:46

@jeffthekiller wrote:Hey sorry been reading G4TW posts for a long time so when I saw that comment I got mad and reacted I can see that user prolly didn't mean it in  a bad way, just irks me you know.

It's OK jeff, I probably would have reacted the same way, if I felt something directed toward me (I would probably be considered "Hispanic" though Razz ). But again, please, try not to use swearwords, OK ? Wink  

Other than that, we're good. No need for any argument.

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maKa01 on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 02:36

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but do not take my words in this offensive way! It's not fair
and they bring white sims over too, that I don't know them!
is it also offensive to the white people ?!
please, don't put in my words meaning I didn't meant at all!! Because it insult me too.
and it doesn't matter what kind of color sims they bring with them home! it's not even the point of my innocent question too!!

I just wonder if they bring sims with them from work to be friends with them, like in the sims 2. that's all!!!! take it how you want!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

edit
p.s. and to Carlos English is not my first Language. so there is no way for me to know how people Translate my poor English. but if they want to put this meaning it my words, Although I didn't meant that at all, they can what they want. it's not my problem XD

Last edited by maKa01 on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 03:00; edited 1 time in total

maKa01
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, the sims 2, the sims 3, time hollow, Another Code - Two Memories, Okami, tales of abyss, final fantasy, Valiant Hearts - The Great War
Female Posts : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 02:55

@maKa01 wrote:I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but do not take my words in this offensive way! It's not fair
please, don't put in my words meaning I didn't meant at all!! Because it insult me too.
and it doesn't matter what kind of color sims they bring with them home! it's not even the point of my innocent question too!!

I just wonder if they bring sims with them from work to be friends with them, like in the sims 2. that's all!!!! take it how you want!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It's OK; I didn't have the impression that it was really racist; but the word-choice was certainly "unlucky". I don't consider us having a problem (and I'm sure neither does jeff). But still: try being a bit more "careful" for the future. Smile  How to do it ? Pretty simple:

If there is no substantial and rational (!) reason to do so, leave out labels like "Black", "Asian", "Hispanic" or whatever. Why would someone want to mention these labels, if there isn't a rational reason to it ? Smile  

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterDingo on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 20:18

Most games deliver fun for their high price tag. The person who said that Sims base games "always get boring fast" just kind of solidifies the problem with The Sims as the series goes on; every sequel it's the same naked base game with the same exact expansion packs, and the base game, which is always the cost of any full-featured game, has never once felt full-featured as a standalone game.

I feel very sorry for people who have been Sims loyalists and always pay for the games/expansions because they're being taken advantage of just because there aren't any other similar life simulators on the market to compete. EA knows they can sell the same exact products every cycle and people will be desperate for it just because it's something new.

Doesn't mean the games aren't fun, they're just not worth paying for. Most of these expansions I already paid for when they were Sims 1 expansions.

MisterDingo
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mslisalisa on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 01:10

Put it this way, I'm glad I didn't spend the 79.00 price tag for Sims 4. It is interesting when you play it for a few days but, right now there isn't much to do. You have the nightclub, Library, gym, park and one other lot that I can't remember right now to visit.
What I don't like:
The world map. Wish it was similar to Sims 3 map but, the loading time from one place to another is seconds.
Wish there were more lots to visit.
They have jobs and poof they are gone until work is over 
Other sims have to get into your sim's conversations and sometimes it's too many conversations.
Wish we can have pattern options and colors.
Not sold on that cartoon feel of it but I can get use to it in time and maybe learn to like it.
Played for about a half hour last night and went back to my sims3

What I do like about it.
How you can really customize your sims! 
The animation is a huge improvement. No more sims tapping his or her  foot and making a stupid face while someone is going through a door.
I like the sims 4 camera angles and also like that you can change it to sims 3 camera mode of you like.
The wall size options are pretty cool
Like how they can have conversations with other sims and do other actions as well.
I like in game options you can choose to fill empty homes with sims if you want.
With expantions this game will be awesome. Right now, kinda boring. I will be thrilled with Seasons! I don't really play pets that much.
mslisalisa
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by C88kie on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 11:24

and if you do, did they bring friends from school like in the sims 2 ?? it happen with adults too, they bring a weird black guy/ girl home and want to be friends with them lol

Yes I have kids. Nope, unfortunately my sims don't bring other sims home. But every single sim that my sims know come over to visit.......A LOT lol. Also, I am black and I don't find what you said racist. But it is kinda offensive that you find black sims "weird". Why exactly are they weird?

Carlos wrote:
@maKa01 wrote:I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but do not take my words in this offensive way! It's not fair

It's OK; I didn't have the impression that it was really racist; but the word-choice was certainly "unlucky". I don't consider us having a problem (and I'm sure neither does jeff). But still: try being a bit more "careful" for the future. Smile  How to do it ? Pretty simple:

If there is no substantial and rational (!) reason to do so, leave out labels like "Black", "Asian", "Hispanic" or whatever. Why would someone want to mention these labels, if there isn't a rational reason to it ? Smile  

I don't think the label "Black" was the problem. maKa01 said "they bring a weird black guy/ girl home and want to be friends with them lol". Not racist to me. I just feel like...Why do they have to be a weird black guy/girl? And why is it a problem for them to be friends? The person sound prejudice against black sims. lol Oh well.

@mslisalisa wrote:Put it this way, I'm glad I didn't spend the 79.00 price tag for Sims 4. It is interesting when you play it for a few days but, right now there isn't much to do. You have the nightclub, Library, gym, park and one other lot that I can't remember right now to visit.
What I don't like:
The world map. Wish it was similar to Sims 3 map but, the loading time from one place to another is seconds.
Wish there were more lots to visit.
They have jobs and poof they are gone until work is over 
Other sims have to get into your sim's conversations and sometimes it's too many conversations.
Wish we can have pattern options and colors.
Not sold on that cartoon feel of it but I can get use to it in time and maybe learn to like it.
Played for about a half hour last night and went back to my sims3

What I do like about it.
How you can really customize your sims! 
The animation is a huge improvement. No more sims tapping his or her  foot and making a stupid face while someone is going through a door.
I like the sims 4 camera angles and also like that you can change it to sims 3 camera mode of you like.
The wall size options are pretty cool
Like how they can have conversations with other sims and do other actions as well.
I like in game options you can choose to fill empty homes with sims if you want.
With expantions this game will be awesome. Right now, kinda boring. I will be thrilled with Seasons! I don't really play pets that much.

I agree with the majority of what you said. Another thing I can't believe I forgot to mention that I hate about this game.....I get so mad when my Sims are on different lots and I have to sit and look at a loading screen as I switch from Sim to Sim. I have 3 sims and I don't want anymore. Because switching from Sim to Sim is extremely annoying.

C88kie
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Witcher, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Sim 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 12:30

@C88kie wrote:

Yes I have kids. Nope, unfortunately my sims don't bring other sims home. But every single sim that my sims know come over to visit.......A LOT lol. Also, I am black and I don't find what you said racist. But it is kinda offensive that you find black sims "weird". Why exactly are they weird?

//EDIT

Carlos wrote:

I don't think the label "Black" was the problem. maKa01 said "they bring a weird black guy/ girl home and want to be friends with them lol". Not racist to me. I just feel like...Why do they have to be a weird black guy/girl? And why is it a problem for them to be friends? The person sound prejudice against black sims. lol Oh well.

I was thinking for a while about whether I should reply to that; since the topic seems resolved now, and there is no need to stir things up again. First of all, please, if you want to quote several posts, please click on the "Multi-quote" button of each post you want to quote. Then, at the bottom, click "post new reply". I just merged three posts (of yours) into one; posting mulitple times in a row is not appreciated on here.

Back to topic, I guess it depends on how you define "racist". Some people actually even consider utterances like "East Asian people are hard-working..." at least slightly racist. And from a personal viewpoint, I agree with the latter "strict" interpretation. But that's just a sidenote.

And if it's not racist to you, why are you then implying/conceding at the end that this person might have prejudices ? Smile   

As I said before: if there is no rational justification for using labels like "Black", "Asian" or whatever, in combination with "supposed" descriptive features (in this case the word "weird"), then utterances should always be examined closely. Whether you want to call it "racist" or simply "naive" is - in this sense - not relevant.

Before this gets out of hand I kindly ask you all, to sort this out via PM, and not in this thread. Besides being off-topic, things like that don't belong here.

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maKa01 on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 17:39

@C88kie wrote:

Carlos wrote:

I see -.- it's a shame, I like it actually, especially when the child bring other kids from school.
thank you for explaining to me, I did not get what I said wrong.

so I just explain what I meant, tha sims white/black that come, are weird to me
Because, my sims that come back are super tired, and go to sleep. and the one they bring with them from work just stay there, watching TV, eating. until 1:00 or 2:00. I dunno, it's weird for me 0-0 maybe it just me. as for to be friends with them, The problem is, either white/black sims, I was never able to find them after they become friends. Then they lose their friendship with them because they supposedly do not talk to them. Maybe it's a bug in my game

sorry for the Misunderstanding, and thank you for the reply Smile . still a shame they not do that in the sims 4 -.-

maKa01
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, the sims 2, the sims 3, time hollow, Another Code - Two Memories, Okami, tales of abyss, final fantasy, Valiant Hearts - The Great War
Female Posts : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by clovrboy1 on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 04:31

I have to say, I am not exactly thrilled with the sims 4, I have to agree with C88kie, I am glad I didn't buy the game, the expectations of the game is not what I thought it would be.  There is really nothing to do in it.  The two areas that can be unlocked there is really nothing to do.  The only plus I have seen is that the new emotions are interesting, but apart from that, I really do not think much of the game.  I believe even in the Sims 2, if the sims were idle enough, they would look at you and would tap their feet............in this game, there really is nothing..........no swimming, no toddlers, they can't drive, there are no taxis that they can get into.  I am still puzzled with what the sims are to do with all these vegetables and fruits.............Unless an expansion pack is better, I will stick with sims 3 for the moment, only playing sims 4 once and a while

clovrboy1
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shyria on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 21:28

Meh, I don't know. While I have to join you on the fact that I DO get bored by the sims 4 quite easily, I'm almost sure I was getting bored just as fast with the sims 3... I mean.. You create a sim, get super excited, find him a dream job, a dream partner, a dream family, a dream house (or make a living hell out of his life, it's up to you  What a Face) and then by the end of the second generation, you feel a bit dizzy, a bit sick, and you just slowly loose interest. The it eventually comes back and you're just a tad less enthusiastic... At least that's pretty much how it works for me !

I feel like lots of people are really unfair with this game and won't give it a fair try, I don't really get why. Well I mean you're pissed they took off toddlers/pools, Ok I think I got that, people are loosing their head with this matter all over the internet. Fair enough. The "closed" world kindof upsets you too. OK. But apart from that, seriously, what are you guys complaining about? Don't forget that yeah, OK, the Sims 4 is supposed to be an "improved" version of the Sims 3. But it's also and mainly a new game. Why should it have ALL of the features of Sims 3 and more & better ones? I mean... 
I personally don't mind the lack of pools or toddlers, I'm sure they'll come gradually and even if, yeah, it is probably a way to make us pay more, well most of us here download it so we don't really get to go crazy over it.
I Like the closed world too... I find the map way more nice looking than the one in sims 3 and think the loading screens are really short so it's OK. Plus the places are usually super well done, and we get a very dynamic environment so BINGO.
I DO think there's a very few places though, and really hope for more... But then again... At least we can hope for substantial add-ons, not like the ones in Sims 3... "Hey we add universities and a few chairs, here, pay 50bucks to try it"
I'm particularly fond of the fact that you can drag something to the picture of anyone on your family and it'll get in their inventory ! So useful..
Saying all that, I've played at least 2h each day last week and I don't really fine like playing it today. But well I guess I'm just too busy with serious stuff (for once!!  Oh my...
Ok sorry for the wonky novel just wanted to express myself a bit hehe
Shyria
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down